You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stoke(A) Match Thread

LFC 6 Times

What was that goal celebration from Adam in front of our fans - pretending to count money out in front of them?

In fairness to him, he was running parallel to our fans so it seemed directed at somebody in the home stand. Probably somebody who had money down on him to score, given his little mime.

I thought we were crap today but produced a brilliant result. Once again bailed out by the genius of Suarez and Sturridge to mask a poor team performance. But the team still deserves credit for winning at one of the hardest grounds in the league, great result.

• Downvote 1

That was fucking scary to watch, Daniel Sturridge is a magnificent footballer, just a seamless transition back into our team, his natural talent is frightening. What to even begin with Luis Suarez, is he human? the lad is doing things I didn't think were possible on a football pitch, savior this lad will probably never see a better player at the club. Get the fuck in reds Villa and the EV at Anfield for the next 2, really confident of getting 6 points out of them. Coming up the hill.

• Upvote 1

That was fucking scary to watch, Daniel Sturridge is a magnificent footballer, just a seamless transition back into our team, his natural talent is frightening. What to even begin with Luis Suarez, is he human? the lad is doing things I didn't think were possible on a football pitch, savior this lad will probably never see a better player at the club. Get the fuck in reds Villa and the EV at Anfield for the next 2, really confident of getting 6 points out of them. Coming up the hill.

FSG HAVE to keep the front players together. Massive 4 months coming up.

I,m taking the three points and running. Fucking stoke, what a horrible fucking team. We need some fullbacks quick smart. Johnson seems to be downing 40mg of midazolam before every game. Dopey as fuck. Cissoko? Fuck me. Was Lucas playing further forward? What the fuck was that about? Anyway as I say take the points and onwards.

What a massive win! This result was as important as the win against them at the opening day. The pressure was immense before the match. We had dropped to sixth and was beaten on our last two away games. All the teams around us won yesterday. It´s Stoke away in pouring rain and gusting winds. But the lads scores five times and get the three points. Says something about the team, we cope so much better with pressure now than before. 

• Upvote 1

Made up that we showed the mental strength to go on and win it but, let's be honest, we should never have been in that situation in the first place. I think we need maybe three new defenders and a top quality DM. Can't complain at the result though - it's very tough to go to Stoke and get a win, as the stats show. Just imagine how good we'd be if we could defend though.

That was a massive result for us today. Absolutely huge.

I hate it when Gerrard ends up as the DM and Lucas further up. But it seems Rodgers plans to use him that way from now on. I don't know, perhaps it will work better with Allen replacing Lucas?

The penny dropped for me today with regards to Cissokho. He's fucking shit. In fact, he's so shit that Charlie Adam managed to take the piss out of him time and again. His positioning his just awful, he gets caught out all the time. No balls, no guts, no courage. Even Suarez defended better as a left back during the game.

God how I miss Enrique! At least he isn't muscled off the ball all the time.

It was an ugly win, but I'll take it. Three points in the bag and back in the top four.

• Upvote 1