Jump to content
Sugar Ape

The XBMC thread - What it is, how it works etc...

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Thanks Shooter but after a freebie. Used to know loads of them but I've been using RD through Kodi for years so I'm drawing a blank now.

Any free websites (like www.azmovies.com) have always resulted in pop up ads etc for me personally. Just a bloody ball ache. If you can find one that doesn't bombard you with malware, I'll eat my hat. 

 

Let me know if I have to get the salt and pepper ready. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The load screen for Kodi version 19 is pure shite. And Exodus Redux is incompatible. Absolute bollocks. Gonna take me ages now to get set up properly again. 

Nothing has been working for me for days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Nothing has been working for me for days. 


I may have exaggerated how long it would take mate. Installed the Amber skin last night, added Fen, Seren and The Oath, put my Debrid and Trakt details in, modified the Home Screen to a Netflix style layout with only ‘my shows’ for TV and ‘people watching’ for movies. 
 

Half an hour. Bish, bash, bosh. 
 

The Oath add on is more of an Exodus style layout, as is Fen. I’ve seen Carvalho Diablo raving about Seren but I’m not feeling much love for that at first glance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:


I may have exaggerated how long it would take mate. Installed the Amber skin last night, added Fen, Seren and The Oath, put my Debrid and Trakt details in, modified the Home Screen to a Netflix style layout with only ‘my shows’ for TV and ‘people watching’ for movies. 
 

Half an hour. Bish, bash, bosh. 
 

The Oath add on is more of an Exodus style layout, as is Fen. I’ve seen Carvalho Diablo raving about Seren but I’m not feeling much love for that at first glance. 

I like Seren for movies but prefer Fen for the tv shows.

 

All about the scrapers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely glitchy atm.

 

Fen just stopped reading my Trakt account; reauthorized but still the same. Only a complete uninstall and reinstall of Kodi did the trick.

 

Took me 20 minutes but still a pain in the arse, but another reason to keep your Kodi systems streamlined and fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Definitely glitchy atm.

 

Fen just stopped reading my Trakt account; reauthorized but still the same. Only a complete uninstall and reinstall of Kodi did the trick.

 

Took me 20 minutes but still a pain in the arse, but another reason to keep your Kodi systems streamlined and fast.


Have you installed The Oath? I’ve got Fen on there but I’ve got all my direct links on the home screen (through Trakt) running through The Oath. It’s a similar Exodus style add-on. I had bother with Fen on Kodi v.18 so I just stopped using it and stuck with Exodus Redux. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:


Have you installed The Oath? I’ve got Fen on there but I’ve got all my direct links on the home screen (through Trakt) running through The Oath. It’s a similar Exodus style add-on. I had bother with Fen on Kodi v.18 so I just stopped using it and stuck with Exodus Redux. 

Never used it mate, might give it a go though next time one of mine goes tits up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/05/2021 at 08:22, Carvalho Diablo said:

Uninstall the lot then reinstall.

 

As Turdseye says, takes half an hour, tops.

To be fair,I did. I still couldnt get anything to work. I dont use it much but like the option of having it. I had to install an older version as the version I had was causing problems,but will try again when I remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Elite said:

I've had no issues at all with Shadow for months.


 

Is that another Genesis/Exodus fork? Are you on v.19?

 

I found The Oath high up on that list of trending add-ons and it’s Exodus dressed up differently. Been spot on so far.  
 

The Exodus type ones are the best for Real Debrid and Trakt, in my honest and 100% right opinions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:


 

Is that another Genesis/Exodus fork? Are you on v.19?

 

I found The Oath high up on that list of trending add-ons and it’s Exodus dressed up differently. Been spot on so far.  
 

The Exodus type ones are the best for Real Debrid and Trakt, in my honest and 100% right opinions 

I'm still on an older version of Kodi, not sure which one as it's been working fine so haven't bothered updating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Elite said:

I'm still on an older version of Kodi, not sure which one as it's been working fine so haven't bothered updating.

I wish I hadnt have updated. Had nothing but problems since I did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×