You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The XBMC thread - What it is, how it works etc...

Sugar Ape

• 2 weeks later...

No PC needed, Al. They connect to your TV via the HDMI lead. 

You also don’t need to spend anything over £60 to get a decent one. I’m not sure how much that works out as is in your weird, worthless, Canadian monies. 

I always recommend the T95Z+ as that’s what I’ve got. 

Also heard good things about the H96 Pro. 

Google some reviews of both of them and see what you think. 

@Carvalho Diablo has had his fair share of boxes and he might be able to recommend one or two more. 

• Upvote 1

Got 2 atm; H96+ Pro (made out of plastic, a bit flimsy but is cheap and has an outstanding chip set), and my main box a T8V4 (all metal chassis, with an extra 1tb internal hard drive but the specs are a but dated now). 

I got both from EntertainmentBox.com. 

Whichever box you decide to buy Al, you should definitely subscribe to Real Debrid too (€16 for 6 months) and you'll get full HD stable untraceable streams. 

If you want live sport though, forget it, you won't get that through a Kodi box, you'll need to get yourself an IPTV sub and that's a whole different kettle of fish. I'd recommend visiting that thread mate. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/22/2018 at 6:32 PM, Captain Turdseye said:

No PC needed, Al. They connect to your TV via the HDMI lead. 

You also don’t need to spend anything over £60 to get a decent one. I’m not sure how much that works out as is in your weird, worthless, Canadian monies. 

I always recommend the T95Z+ as that’s what I’ve got. 

Also heard good things about the H96 Pro. 

Google some reviews of both of them and see what you think. 

@Carvalho Diablo has had his fair share of boxes and he might be able to recommend one or two more. 

Alan is no stranger to a few boxes himself.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
9 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Looks like my go to add on for TV and films, Yoda, has bitten the dust. What's the best app around nowadays that can step in and fill the void?

I’ve been using Exodus Redux for a while now. It’s absolutely fine as long as you’ve got it hooked up to your RD. 

13 Clowns is one that I’ve seen mentioned a lot lately but I haven’t had the need nor the inclination to install it. It’s another Genesis/Exodus fork and it’s top of the trending chart at the minute. 

https://kodiapps.com/addons-chart

• Upvote 1

On 22/09/2018 at 18:57, Carvalho Diablo said:

Got 2 atm; H96+ Pro (made out of plastic, a bit flimsy but is cheap and has an outstanding chip set), and my main box a T8V4 (all metal chassis, with an extra 1tb internal hard drive but the specs are a but dated now). 

I got both from EntertainmentBox.com. 

Whichever box you decide to buy Al, you should definitely subscribe to Real Debrid too (€16 for 6 months) and you'll get full HD stable untraceable streams. 

If you want live sport though, forget it, you won't get that through a Kodi box, you'll need to get yourself an IPTV sub and that's a whole different kettle of fish. I'd recommend visiting that thread mate. 

I’ve got the H96+Pro, been great so far.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Ah, Kodi drama. I’ve left the Facebook group I was in so I’m not aware of who the baddies are at the moment. 

I don't know either but just clicked it open and it says "We call it quits! Thank you for everything. See ya around" 

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

How was 13 Clowns, Shep? It’s vanished from that trending chart. Has it been pulled?

Yup, installled that and Exodus Redux. Both were fine but then 13 Clowns gets busted and taken down the very next day!

The link you gave means I'll never be short of a suitable tv / movie app though, just a pain when I've got to go round to my Ma's and install and link new apps to both of her boxes.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

It seems that loads of Kodi apps are having to rebuild their API keys; long story short, no tv series are loading atm. Apparently it's being worked on already but not fast enough imo, I need my fix of Mr Inbetween pronto!

Typhoon is your friend. I need to send the kids to bed so I can turn off Children in Need. 

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

It seems that loads of Kodi apps are having to rebuild their API keys; long story short, no tv series are loading atm. Apparently it's being worked on already but not fast enough imo, I need my fix of Mr Inbetween pronto!

54 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Typhoon is your friend. I need to send the kids to bed so I can turn off Children in Need. 

It was fucking gooood. 

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

Just got myself a new Android box, a Beelink GT King and it's the dog's bollocks.

Tiny little plastic thing but the specs are great.

It's the only box I've ever had where I've needed a proper 4k HDMI lead for it to work properly, but hooked up to my Real Debrid sub via Kodi, I was playing some huge 4k movie files.

Topped out at around 75gb 4k before there was any buffering at all. The picture is buttery smooth when panning left and right, no jerkiness whatsoever, which is definitely one of the factors which let my previous H95 Max Pro box down.

I've got it hooked up to my telly via the HDMI 1 ARC port and I can't wait to get my new hifi and hook it up to that too.

If you're thinking of getting a new box anytime soon then you should give the Beelink some strong consideration.

• 7 months later...

Not sure if we still have many Kodi users around but a word of caution, Kodi updated to version 19 and pretty much every tv and movie app has stopped working.

Apparently this is only temporarily, until developers get around to updrading their 3rd party apps, but in the meantime it might be worth disabling your auto update feature inversion 18.9

If, like me, you find out too late, then seek out and download a fork of Kodi 18 called (no prizes for imagination...) Nodi. It accepts Trakt and Real Debrid and works a treat with Fen.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Can anybody help me out?

Got a mate who'd like to watch Summer of Sam but he doesn't have Kodi or the know how to download stuff, does anybody have a link to that movie and what are the best standalone hooky movie sites these days?

Thanks in advance.

Can they use typhoon TV on firestick or android box?