You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The XBMC thread - What it is, how it works etc...

Sugar Ape

Yea. It's a joke. "Pay through the nose and get less choice and control, please".

It's ridiculous that half the world can watch any game in the league if they want but not the people who actually live here. 

If they actually found a way to kill off all of the streams I'd just not bother watching anyway. No way on earth am I paying Sky sixty odd quid a month to be able to watch the odd Liverpool game. 

The Premier League would be much better served going with something along the lines of MLB.tv and doing it themselves rather than the current setup. 

It's ridiculous that half the world can watch any game in the league if they want but not the people who actually live here. 

If they actually found a way to kill off all of the streams I'd just not bother watching anyway. No way on earth am I paying Sky sixty odd quid a month to be able to watch the odd Liverpool game. 

The Premier League would be much better served going with something along the lines of MLB.tv and doing it themselves rather than the current setup. 

I'd imagine they will over the next few seasons. They have to adapt to the evolving market. people don't want to pay for 600 channels to watch 1 for 90mins a week.

I'd imagine they will over the next few seasons. They have to adapt to the evolving market. people don't want to pay for 600 channels to watch 1 for 90mins a week.

I think once they have played out the string on the regular TV money it will be the logical next step.

They are. My plex has now gone from the now box.

Can one of you fuckers recommend what the best devise is for streaming please. Are the Roku 3 boxes any good ?

I only use a Firestick and know next to nothing about android boxes and other streaming devices but I'm pretty sure I've read that you can't put Kodi onto a Roku stick/box. Plex will be fine on it but if you want both you might have to look at getting something else.

I have recently started using kodi on my tablet and I have been very impressed by it so I have decided to buy a box; this box in fact.

64ec7a9a783e3cc00a358943aec84963.jpg

This box has 2Gb ram and 16GB ROM as the other boxes in the price range had only half of each. I was looking at a more expensive box but a reviewer said they were pretty pointless as the cheaper ones could do the job just as well and I don't really want to have to pay more than I have to.

While reading the comments I noticed a lot of people complaining about the remotes and they advised to buy keyboard mouse thing.

I am going to buy this one.

54d9afd2881f4bcebc60d491800293ba.jpg

Will this be compatible?

Does anyone have any info that I have overlooked?

I don't reckon it's worth spending more than around 40 quid for a Raspberry Pi 3 myself. Runs Kodi just fine. There's no point in spending 200 quid on an Nvidia Shield unless you want it for gaming as well. If you do go for a cheaper Android box though make sure it has a recent version of Android or it won't run the newer Kodi.

You can also use your phone or tablet as a remote. If you have an Android try out Yatse, it's free and works great.

If you get a Pi your telly remote will more than likely work with it as well.

Definitely compatible, just plug your wireless dongle into the box and you're away.

Personally, I'm not a great fan of that style of remote, generally I think simpler is better. I bought a Minix Neo A2, much smaller, easy to use in the dark, has a keyboard on the back.

Horses for courses I guess.

I don't reckon it's worth spending more than around 40 quid for a Raspberry Pi 3 myself. Runs Kodi just fine. There's no point in spending 200 quid on an Nvidia Shield unless you want it for gaming as well. If you do go for a cheaper Android box though make sure it has a recent version of Android or it won't run the newer Kodi.

You can also use your phone or tablet as a remote. If you have an Android try out Yatse, it's free and works great.

If you get a Pi your telly remote will more than likely work with it as well.

It doesn't say that kodi is installed it just says Android 6.0.

Also noticed the seller us in China do may swerve it.

Edit: can you recommend a good box for me don't trust that seller on Amazon and couldn't be arsed waiting for it to arrive from China.

Kodi 17 requires Android 5.0 so that box should be fine.

I don't use an Android box myself as I prefer using a Raspberry Pi. Cheap, tiny, more stable than Kodi on Android and stays up to date. I had no problems at all when Kodi updated to 17 whereas a lot of Android users seemed to be having issues.

Carvalho Diablo can probably recommend a decent cheap Android box if you would prefer one to a Pi.

• Upvote 1

Kodi 17 requires Android 5.0 so that box should be fine.

I don't use an Android box myself as I prefer using a Raspberry Pi. Cheap, tiny, more stable than Kodi on Android and stays up to date. I had no problems at all when Kodi updated to 17 whereas a lot of Android users seemed to be having issues.

Carvalho Diablo can probably recommend a decent cheap Android box if you would prefer one to a Pi.

Just had a quick look on Amazon and the kodi boxes seem a little less hassle but thanks I will ask CD when he's on next.

It doesn't say that kodi is installed it just says Android 6.0.

Also noticed the seller us in China do may swerve it.

Edit: can you recommend a good box for me don't trust that seller on Amazon and couldn't be arsed waiting for it to arrive from China.

This is my main box, it's fantastic. I paid the extra for the 1tb hard drive and copied across 13000 songs from my iPod memory.

Runs all the 4k stuff flawlessly and the guarantee next day delivery.

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/product/stream-tv-box-ebox-t8-v4-tv-box-latest-kodi-smart-tv-box/