You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The XBMC thread - What it is, how it works etc...

Sugar Ape

Cunt companies. Some poor fucker trying to make a few quid on eBay gets lifted for selling whats already there, what hundreds of thousands of people are already doing. Cunts. what about the websites showing people how to do it? What about the builders of the add-ons themselves. What about the people uploading the copyrighted content onto the servers?

I have no sympathy for dickheads selling overpriced boxes on Ebay or wherever that they spent 5 minutes putting a build on and then advertise it including copyrighted logos.

No problem with ticket touts either then?

What? There is literally no comparison. There isn't a limited supply of boxes. People can buy unloaded boxes. People can load them and undercut the other sellers. Buyers can learn to do it themselves if they wish. It's just one of those things. To the technically minded like ourselves, it's not worth it. To some, it is, just to get over the line. Depends where your starting point is.

The key is not advertising it too openly. The authorities know they can't stop it, but just like with all forms of piracy - from VHS and tapes to streaming - someone looking to make a quid always goes and states it too brazenly and they're made an example of, which leads to people getting scared and sometimes the tech manufacturers chickening out too.

Half the ads on Gumtree for old consoles that are capable of emulation are dancing around what's going on, but only a fool would say "I'll bung a bunch of hooky games on there for an extra tenner".

On a side note, I own all the games for my original Xbox that's got Coinops on it, and I never taped the chart show off the radio onto cassette whilst editing out Bruno Brooks. Never.

It seems the sports broadcasters are feeling the pinch. I don't know if its scare tactics but there seems to be more attention in the media lately about Kodi etc. Has anyone had a letter from their broadband provider along the lines of illegal downloads ? I only ask because another forum I use has plenty of people who say they have.

I'm just wondering if there could be any implications for Dave due to people sharing links to live football on TLW ?

It seems the sports broadcasters are feeling the pinch. I don't know if its scare tactics but there seems to be more attention in the media lately about Kodi etc. Has anyone had a letter from their broadband provider along the lines of illegal downloads ? I only ask because another forum I use has plenty of people who say they have.

I'm just wondering if there could be any implications for Dave due to people sharing links to live football on TLW ?

Nope, none, never. Virgin Media.

Sportsmania

Does anybody know how to contact these fuckers as I've been charged twice for a 3 month subscription,

I tried to renewed and put my bank details in and it came up error I then went back out checked my online status and it still said subscription had expired. So went back in put details in again and it worked but have noticed they've charged me twice and can't seem to find any way of contacting them.

Sportsmania

Does anybody know how to contact these fuckers as I've been charged twice for a 3 month subscription,

I tried to renewed and put my bank details in and it came up error I then went back out checked my online status and it still said subscription had expired. So went back in put details in again and it worked but have noticed they've charged me twice and can't seem to find any way of contacting them.

Message them on their Facebook group. Seen similar queries. One of the admin will contact you, they seem to respond quite quick.

Email contact - themaniateam005@gmail.com

Twitter page here - @SportsMania005

• Upvote 1