Quantcast
The XBMC thread - What it is, how it works etc... - Page 47 - TNF - Techy Nerd Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sugar Ape

The XBMC thread - What it is, how it works etc...

Done and dusted, loaded the apps on to both Kodi and Freetelly.

Sport ch are a bit hit and miss but the movies/series etc are easy to load plus one can choose your own source which is good. Muchos Gracious. 

Kodi is fucking wank for live football. At least the free add ons are. The novelty has well and truly worn off after spending the last 3 matches mostly looking for working links.

Wank.

Balls.

Titty fuck.

Sportsmania. Well worth £26 for 6 months.

I know I've heard people say its good but 'good' can vary from person to person. Can you clarify before I make the plunge please?

Does it get rid of buffering?

How often do streams cut out?

Do you have to try lots of different ones or is it just go to sportsmania > choose match > watch?

Are there many matches they don't get (I mean many of OUR matches, don't get the time to watch any else these days)

Thanks.

It's very good. I think, for the 4 months that I have been using it, I've had less than 5 occasions where the stream has crashed. Don't often suffer from buffering but I have fibre at home so it will depend on your connection and the quality that you're streaming

For the more high profile matches, there is usually at least 4 streams to chose from, often more but for our game against Derby, I think there were only 2. I've found the US broadcasts to be the better ones, Fox Sport I think.

Accessing them is easy. There is a "Game zone" at the top of the selection which will have the pre selected broadcasts but if what you want to watch isn't there, then just scroll down to the calendar and you should easily be able to find what you want to watch

Once you subscribe as well, you'll get access to all of the other sports (boxing, MMA etc) so for a small fee upfront, great value.

So I have the Pi B+ and it's very good. Has anyone else here owned the B+ and then the Pi 2 or 3, and if so what was the most noticeable difference when running KODI?

I had assumed that the B+ was the reason for some of the poor perfomrance issues when streaming the football etc, but having sportsmania has kind of proved me wrong there as streams are immaculate. So I looked at my amazon cart with the Pi 3 in it, and am wondering whether its worth the £29?

That NJM add on doesn't work for me. Got SportsDevil tonight and managed to get a crap enough stream but it had to do. Time for Sports Mania.

All the free add ons seem to have gone to shit over the last few weeks. When I first started using Kodi late last year everything was easy to find good links for, including the Saturday 3pm's and boxing PPV's.

I bit the bullet and signed up to Sportsmania myself. It's a quid a week so there's nothing to lose really.

• Upvote 1

All the free add ons seem to have gone to shit over the last few weeks. When I first started using Kodi late last year everything was easy to find good links for, including the Saturday 3pm's and boxing PPV's.

I bit the bullet and signed up to Sportsmania myself. It's a quid a week so there's nothing to lose really.

Tell me more about this Sportsmania.

Tell me more about this Sportsmania.

Got to sportsmania.eu and subscribe to a package and also download the sportsmania kodi app. You just need a username and password and you are away.

• Upvote 1

How do you set up an add on to play your own music and videos from laptop to kodi on the telly?

You don't need an add on for it you just need to set up sharing between the laptop and the Kodi device. There's a few ways of doing it but the best two are going to be using SMB or UPnP.

This is an easier read than the Kodi site but contains the links to both methods

https://m.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/3iv49w/how_do_i_share_media_from_my_pc_to_kodi_on_a/

You don't need an add on for it you just need to set up sharing between the laptop and the Kodi device. There's a few ways of doing it but the best two are going to be using SMB or UPnP.

This is an easier read than the Kodi site but contains the links to both methods

https://m.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/3iv49w/how_do_i_share_media_from_my_pc_to_kodi_on_a/

Thanks mate. Will take a look.