You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The XBMC thread - What it is, how it works etc...

Sugar Ape

Have you installed istream like in the video Cloggy posted? That's all you'll need for any TV programmes or movies.

No not yet, I will get on it later.

Just been on to Sky because mu internet is only running at 3mpbs so they are sending someone out to fix it, so it hits between 8mbps. No wonder HD lags. They have also said fibre will be available soon, which will be miles bettet.

Installed iStream today, it's fantastic, cheers Cloggy.

Just one minor thing though, and I'm missing something obvious it seems, but where is the back button if you click into something? I'm having to use my keyboard to go back every time I click into something.

I have this problem with the Raspberry Pi and my TV remote. Pressing the simplink button makes the remote work with the Pi but I can not go back. Think I have to change some settings somewhere but there are loads of apps that turn your phone/tablet into a remote. Yatse is probably the best one.

Back on the Hudl is the normal back button, on the ATV2 it is the menu button. Just tried PC and the right mouse seems to bring you out of istream itself. Left click on the bit with two dots on the top of each list seems to go back one.

What are you using?

Yeah there will deffo be a way, it's just pissing me off trying to work it out. I'm having to open the downloads folder, hit install then open every time I use it.

I just don't know why an icon hasn't showed up, but I suppose it's not an app so I don't know where it is.

Video devil add on. So I've heard like.

I've put XBMC on my new tablet, runs great but it won't put the icon on the tablet so I'm having to go through all kinds of shenanigans every time I want to open it.

Fuck sticks.

I have it installed on my Xperia Z too, but nothing will play for me. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

It's frustrating me I've gotta admit. It won't play any comics I try and put on it either. The comics will only go on when I convert them to ePub and any comic apps I download won't play them.

They supposedly don't accept returns on them, but I might just send it back and say the screen flickers and but a galaxy tab and be done with it. Obviously not as good galaxy tabs but they'll play just about anything you throw on it no problem.

Weird that it won't install properly. No idea why sorry. You could always have a look and/or ask here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-tablet-z

The only thing I have ever used for comics was Perfect Viewer which was great with a dirt cheap Chinese Zenithink tablet. Just stick cbz or cbr files on it and point Perfect viewer at them.

That's exactly what I've been trying to use mate, Perfect Viewer. It will only let me put cbz or cbr files on if I've converted them to ePub and then it won't open them, neither will a few other comic readers I've tried.

It just seems really awkward to put anything on it. Like I said, they don't accept returns on electrical goods, but I think I'm going to blag it's faulty and shout at them until I get my own way if they won't accept the return.

Also is there anyway to do a factory reset or anything?

You shouldn't have to factory reset it, just follow the instructions in that vid and it should change your XBMC.

I have it working now, but can't get any live sports on it.

Did you have to install flash player on your Xperia Z?

I haven't tried the live sports on mine, but you probably do need to install flash I'd imagine. To be honest using acestream probably would be better than XBMC anyway, I've found the sports devil add-on to be a bit hit and miss.

• Upvote 1