Quantcast
The XBMC thread - What it is, how it works etc... - Page 38 - TNF - Techy Nerd Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sugar Ape

The XBMC thread - What it is, how it works etc...

Thanks, seemed to work. Still haven't found one as good as woody was ill not complain. Now to get an app that mutes Michael Owens voice.

Has anybody set up one of those TV guide add ons? Does it involve loads of messing about?

Ivue works great. I think you have to follow them on Facebook now though. They still haven't given me a new password but it's working on the generic one.

You can choose from the addons that work with it or save channels from other addons as favourites and then link to them.

First thing to do with it is turn off the hundreds of shite channels that you'll never actually watch.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-ivue-tv-guide-kodi-xbmc/

When I try to watch HD streams of movies/shows they end up buffering constantly despite my average internet speed of between 55mbps and 120mbps?

Surely they should be running HD easily with those speeds?

When I try to watch HD streams of movies/shows they end up buffering constantly despite my average internet speed of between 55mbps and 120mbps?

Surely they should be running HD easily with those speeds?

I think it's more dependent on how many are trying to access/watch the stream.

Ok,i fucking virgin media off early in about 10 days. Whats the best (easiest) thing to buy to see freeview tv and possibly make sure i dont happen to stream anything else. Im shit at this stuff so if its pre installed all the better.

You will still get freeview through you box.

Bought a Raspberry Pi 3 with Kodi pre-loaded on to the sd card. Possibly the best money I have ever spent.

Installed exodus on it, sync'd it with a trakt account, and bought a real debrid subscription for £13 every 6 months, which supposedly gives you access to better quality streams. The ones I've tried so far have been top notch.

I've tried a few footy streams but they seemed a bit hit and miss, so I took a punt on sportsmania for £26 for 6 months. Stream quality so far has been pretty much perfect.

Overall, for 70 odd quid a year for everything I want to watch is a bargain. I'm not in the least bit techy, but with a bit of googling, setting it up was a piece of piss. Just wondering now if I should set up a VPN.

Ivue works great. I think you have to follow them on Facebook now though. They still haven't given me a new password but it's working on the generic one.

You can choose from the addons that work with it or save channels from other addons as favourites and then link to them.

First thing to do with it is turn off the hundreds of shite channels that you'll never actually watch.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-ivue-tv-guide-kodi-xbmc/

Nice one, Cloggy. I'll have a look at it next weekend. Can I just sync it up to whatever add ons I already use? Read something about that Renegades wanting you to add loads more add ons for it to work. It would slow the fire stick down considerably if I put them on top of what I already have.

Nice one, Cloggy. I'll have a look at it next weekend. Can I just sync it up to whatever add ons I already use? Read something about that Renegades wanting you to add loads more add ons for it to work. It would slow the fire stick down considerably if I put them on top of what I already have.

It's easier with the addons it likes but you can always save stuff to favourites and use it that way.

Renegades seems alright as well but I haven't used it much. I wouldn't bother paying for any. I don't see how Dixie needs to pay for listings when the others don't.

I watched a game through NJM yesterday. The quality on my stick was terrible with it sticking and dragging its way through, but the exact same stream on my laptop was as close to HD as I could have wished for. My cache was cleared on the stick too, any ideas why the difference?

I watched a game through NJM yesterday. The quality on my stick was terrible with it sticking and dragging its way through, but the exact same stream on my laptop was as close to HD as I could have wished for. My cache was cleared on the stick too, any ideas why the difference?

Same here the quaility on my stick has been terrible to and has been the few weeks

Try turning off hardware acceleration in settings (need to change settings to expert first).

You might need to clear cache and reboot after it.

Done all that Cloggypops, but there was no change. Disappointed.

Just installing the box

Ive got the main menu applications/live/kodo etc

Where should all the preloaded channels be?

I cant seem to find anything

All sorted just need to see if there is a shortcut links to apps?

Watch first 10mins of deadpool

Crystal clear no bugfering. Just pissed off it took me so long to jump onboard

All sorted just need to see if there is a shortcut links to apps?

Watch first 10mins of deadpool

Crystal clear no bugfering. Just pissed off it took me so long to jump onboard

Get installing all the ones that were suggested mate. You'll like it much more.