You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The XBMC thread - What it is, how it works etc...

Sugar Ape

I’ve been watching Seinfeld on The Oath. The best RD links it threw up had Spanish subtitles that couldn’t be removed. Then the other day all the links were all of a sudden ‘uncached torrents’

I ended up choosing one to load and as I was waiting I logged into my Debrid account on my phone and I could see in my profile the torrent loading to the their site in real time. Took ages though and it wasn’t something I was prepared to do for every episode. 

Went onto Seren instead and there was actually fuck loads of links and it just chooses the best one and automatically plays it. Speaking of Seren, I never knew that it had a similar feature to Netflix/iplayer where it auto plays the next episode. That’s pretty fucking cool for a Kodi add on. 

And after all that bollocks I’ve just found out that Seinfeld is actually coming to Netflix next week anyway. 

• Upvote 1

On 22/09/2021 at 17:40, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve been watching Seinfeld on The Oath. The best RD links it threw up had Spanish subtitles that couldn’t be removed. Then the other day all the links were all of a sudden ‘uncached torrents’

I ended up choosing one to load and as I was waiting I logged into my Debrid account on my phone and I could see in my profile the torrent loading to the their site in real time. Took ages though and it wasn’t something I was prepared to do for every episode. 

Went onto Seren instead and there was actually fuck loads of links and it just chooses the best one and automatically plays it. Speaking of Seren, I never knew that it had a similar feature to Netflix/iplayer where it auto plays the next episode. That’s pretty fucking cool for a Kodi add on. 

And after all that bollocks I’ve just found out that Seinfeld is actually coming to Netflix next week anyway. 

I'm still using Shadow. Pretty reliable, will add seren as well though based on your recommendation.

• 4 weeks later...

Afternoon, I’ve just got a Real Debrid and it’s working ok.

Been using The Crew but on the second episode of the show I want to watch I keep getting "Saving torrent to Real Debrid Cloud queued" and it stays like this for minutes. I switched to cached torrent s only but same issue? 

Any help appreciated.

54 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

Afternoon, I’ve just got a Real Debrid and it’s working ok.

Been using The Crew but on the second episode of the show I want to watch I keep getting "Saving torrent to Real Debrid Cloud queued" and it stays like this for minutes. I switched to cached torrent s only but same issue? 

Any help appreciated.

Have a look at my post at the top of the page. What’s happening is you’re clicking ‘uncached torrents’. When you do that it starts to install the torrent to your profile and you can see it in real time when you log into Debrid. 

You need to be clicking the links with ‘cached torrent’ links or ones with no torrent involved. 

If I were you I’d use Seren. It works a bit differently but it seems to bring up more links. Even then, avoid anything with ‘uncached torrent’ underneath. 

I’ve never used The Crew but I can vouch for The Oath and Fen, which along with Seren all connect to Debrid. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Have a look at my post at the top of the page. What’s happening is you’re clicking ‘uncached torrents’. When you do that it starts to install the torrent to your profile and you can see it in real time when you log into Debrid. 

You need to be clicking the links with ‘cached torrent’ links or ones with no torrent involved. 

If I were you I’d use Seren. It works a bit differently but it seems to bring up more links. Even then, avoid anything with ‘uncached torrent’ underneath. 

I’ve never used The Crew but I can vouch for The Oath and Fen, which along with Seren all connect to Debrid. 

Cheers mate, just getting back into the Kodi after using IPTV for series and films. I’m clicking web links for what I’m watching now and it’s top quality. Going to add the add on you mention. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

Got FEN working well. Got Seren installed with RD linked and authorised.

Tried to search for a film and it came back “ seems you have no providers installed”.

Reddit explanation doesn’t really explain what to do. Any tips here? 

Seren is unique afaik in that you need to pre-install your own scraper pack.

Here's a screenshot from Reddit of how to do it...

Screenshot_20211028-103021.png

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

If you’re watching TV shows on Seren, it auto plays the next episode. Obviously that’s something you take for granted on things like Netflix & iPlayer, but as a Kodi feature it brings it kicking & screaming into the 2020’s. 

You can actually turn the auto-play feature on and off inside the settings if you wish. I prefer it off tbh because I like to have a look at the file sizes before I choose to play one. I always prefer a larger 1080 over a 4k HDR; bigger file sizes usually mean better picture quality.

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Fen should already be good to go btw.

I prefer to use Fen for tv shows and Seren for movies, their scrapers seem best suited to those ends imo (although there is a huge amount of crossover / duplication).

Best of luck and let us know how you get on.

Thanks, mate, yeah Fen is boxed off. Will sort Seren. Ta for the info. 

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

You can actually turn the auto-play feature on and off inside the settings if you wish. I prefer it off tbh because I like to have a look at the file sizes before I choose to play one. I always prefer a larger 1080 over a 4k HDR; bigger file sizes usually mean better picture quality.

That may well be true mate but you’ve been saying nasty things about Succession and as such I’m not sure our eyes are seeing the same things anymore. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorted now. For anyone that doesn't know:

Settings (Make sure you change the access to 'Expert' at the bottom) then Downloads>Enable Downloads and then you have to click on TV Shows and Movies separately in the same download settings menu and choose the download path for each.

Then long click the movie/TV link that you want (The Real Debrid links) and you'll have the option to download.

Makes it easier if you are going somewhere with bad/no internet access.

VLC player will automatically find anything you download and plays the files no matter the format.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Have to say, the Venom add-on, with Trakt & Debrid is an absolutely sensational piece of programming. I reckon it’s the best I’ve ever used. 

So fast, great links, unbelievable. 

Gonna add that.

charmed-me-the-office.gif

• Upvote 1

I had Kodi 3 years or so back but the buffering was ridiculous and ended up jibbing it.

I've seen people going on about Real Debrid sorting that out so I'm looking at that.

As far as VPN's are concerned, I know they're more or less essential, but like Real Debrid, I've never used them. 

The IPTV we use says not to use a VPN and yet I know some on here use both IPTV and Kodi, so for someone not very tech savvy, what's what?

I’ve never used a VPN for streaming, except one time briefly when a free one was necessary for some IPTV sub. 

What’s the point? Do you think the police are gonna come calling because you’re watching Kodi and hooky streams? There’d be no time for the courts to process anything else if they went after all the people streaming. 

Maybe if you’re hosting IPTV or developing a Kodi add-on you’d have reasons to be careful, but for what we’re using it for… Nah. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve never used a VPN for streaming, except one time briefly when a free one was necessary for some IPTV sub. 

What’s the point? Do you think the police are gonna come calling because you’re watching Kodi and hooky streams? There’d be no time for the courts to process anything else if they went after all the people streaming. 

Maybe if you’re hosting IPTV or developing a Kodi add-on you’d have reasons to be careful, but for what we’re using it for… Nah. 

Straight to the point. 

Cheers Mate!

• Upvote 1