You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The XBMC thread - What it is, how it works etc...

Sugar Ape

Trakt is a personal library account, it helps you organise and keep track of all your films and tv shows you've been watching. It's free and you install it and connect / authorise / link it un exactly the same way as you would the StreamTvBox app. It's really good.

Real Debrid is a French website, no app, but you again you authorise it in the same way.

RD is a paid account that carries loads of high quality streams. Costs about £12 for 6 months. I've used Real Debrid for about a year and it does enhance your viewing experience by making things much quicker and less if a chew on.

One thing though, because the RD guys are French, I found their website to be a bit confusing. Defo worth persevering with though, and 50p per month ? No brainer imo.

Mind you, you can use Kodi without either RD or Trakt, but I like them both.

I see what you mean about that streamtv account.

Once you have the app downloaded you can't create an account from there.

Is this why you need another device to create an account and to have open so you can login?

• Upvote 1

Premiumize is an alternative to Real Debrid.

https://www.premiumize.me

I haven't used either of them but they are both supposed to be decent.

Trakt.tv is well worth setting up an account for. Well handy if you hear about something you want to see and just add it to Trakt on your phone then it will be there waiting for you on your Kodi watch list later.

• Upvote 1

If you google INSTALL STREAMTVBOX ON KODI, it'll bring up a number of links how to do it. Just like installing Exodus, Phoenix or any other app really.

Once it's installed you would then need to put it to one side. Instead, you now go to the STvB website, create an account, and then (if you so choose), buy a subscription from the range they gave in offer. Start with a short one to test the service and see if you want to shell out on their longer packages. I think a years sub costs around £75.

Also on the STVB website is their list of channels supplied, there are a ton of them, loads of hd, all the sport.

Now, once you've bought a sub, go back to the STVB Kodi app, don't open it but instead you right click on it, open the settings, click in authorise account...it will give you a PIN code.

Go straight back to the STVB website to authorise your app. You type the PIN in and a message will be displayed (on both the Android box STVB app and on the STVB website) telling you that your accounts have been successfully authorised and linked.

Close the website (or you can now watch your channels from the website if you wish), and head back over to the STVB Kodi app. Open it up just like Exodus it any other, and voila, ready to rumble.

I'm watching Sunderland v Man U right now through STVB in Kodi. 720p, hasn't buffered once.

STVB us just my personal sub of choice, and Sportsmania / SmoothStreams or any of the others might be just as good, but I've subscribed for 11 months and it's been mostly excellent. Watched last nights UFC, all the footy, American Footy, occasional Ice Hockey, LFC TV, it's hardly ever let me down.

• Upvote 1

LOF ?

It's more the service formerly known as LiveOnlineFooty these days but I've been with them since they were called that.

They limit the number of subscribers so the servers don't get swamped which is what seemed to be the problem with Sportsmania.

They have been promising to open up registration again but I think that has been there all season and they still haven't done it.

The channel listing on Kodi has been wrong for years now but damn it's cheap.

• Upvote 1

It's more the service formerly known as LiveOnlineFooty these days but I've been with them since they were called that.

They limit the number of subscribers so the servers don't get swamped which is what seemed to be the problem with Sportsmania.

They have been promising to open up registration again but I think that has been there all season and they still haven't done it.

I have an app on my phone called Live Football on TV and it always carries a list of channels worldwide that are covering matches. Great as a fall back point of reference.

• Upvote 1

I have an app on my phone called Live Football on TV and it always carries a list of channels worldwide that are covering matches. Great as a fall back point of reference.

I have a few links from LiveOnSat saved to my home screen which can be handy for finding which channels to look for

Boxing

http://liveonsat.com/los.other_boxing.php

Footy

http://liveonsat.com/daily.php

• Upvote 1

I keep seeing VPN mentioned on here. What is it ?

Oh and it looks like those Virgin cunts have blocked mobdro.

Virtual private network.

It's useful for avoiding geoblocking and also for privacy reasons. Handy for stuff like accessing iplayer from abroad or using torrents anonymously.

I don't have one right now but didn't bother using it for Kodi when I did. Most of the Kodi advice sites will recommend using one but that's mainly because they get paid if you use their link.

If your ISP does start blocking sites, however, they would be a useful way of getting around it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network

• Upvote 1

do you get a weird little box in the middle of the screen where it's blurry? I PM'd him ages ago and he said he was fixing it, but never changed 

The sound doesn't seem to match the videos is this the videos or is there a setting I need to change?

3 things you can do :

1. Press back on your remote. Rewind 10 seconds and it usually "re-syncs" the audio and video tracks.

2. Reload the stream or try a different stream.

3. Press enter / select button as your stream is playing. Select the speaker / audio symbol. Try knocking your audio soundtrack forward / backwards by playing around with the audio offset. Bit off a faff on this I find.

• Upvote 1

do you get a weird little box in the middle of the screen where it's blurry? I PM'd him ages ago and he said he was fixing it, but never changed

Yes. Hardly notice it now to be fair but thanks for reminding me. It's in a really weird place to be blocking a logo so fuck knows what it is.

I'm having problems with Kodi today.

It's not picking up an IP address at all, never had an issue on the networking side with it before.

Could this be something with Virgin blocking it through the Hub? I rarely use external access as I typically download most stuff and run it from a NAS drive, mainly I only run out games through it through sportsebooks. 

Edit: Ignore me it's now decided to pick up the network for no apparent reason.