You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The XBMC thread - What it is, how it works etc...

Sugar Ape

I have lost all my live tv channels and the YouTube link guides how to arent working. It seems vdubt's video has changed from the one shown here as that guide has stopped working,for me at least.

Can anybody help?

http://www.vdubt25.co.uk/2014/11/xbmc-live-tv-temp-url-update.html?m=1

He has a temporary URL for now that is on here.

If you are on twitter it is worth following him. @veedubt25.

My PI stopped working so am having to reinstall in all. I am setting it back up using Raspbmc on my SD card but have completely forgot how to install using my USB stick. I don't mind using OpenElec either but have completely forgot what I am doing!

Can I 'cast' to my Pi using bubble UPNP or something similar? Like a chromecast?

I tried this, and the phone 'saw' the Pi, and attemted to send a video. I just got a "busy" and spinning circle on the TV screen though, and no video played. Any pointers? Anyone else got it working? Im using bubble UPnP.

So it seems Mash Up is no longer. Was trying to install it on my fire tv and getting errors, so opened it on my phone where I already had it and got a goodbye message by the author saying he's closing it down. Sportsdevil looks to have gone the same way.

• 3 weeks later...

My PI stopped working so am having to reinstall in all. I am setting it back up using Raspbmc on my SD card but have completely forgot how to install using my USB stick. I don't mind using OpenElec either but have completely forgot what I am doing!

Missed this. If you are still wanting to set it up with OpenElec and overclocking then the guides on this link are great. They have the downloads you need there as well.

http://www.totalxbmc.tv/newsite/hardware-raspberry-pi/

Went to install this but it's not on the list?

Edit, found it, it's further down under 'W'

Second edit, on enabling, that's not it, just some foreign channels.

That is it. It changed name on my installation and now seems to be a totally different addon altogether. Shame. I guess it could well change again and the other channels may return.
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

A shitload of websites have been blocked again by Virgin, Sky etc... the bastards, and IceFilms which is the main source for my XBMC streams is one of them, which has fucked me up.

I've got Zenmate for Chrome to access sites like KAT and US Netflix etc... but obviously this is no good for XBMC as it is it's own programme.

What's the best solution to this? Pay for a VPN and see if that'll let me access the streams?

A shitload of websites have been blocked again by Virgin, Sky etc... the bastards, and IceFilms which is the main source for my XBMC streams is one of them, which has fucked me up.

I've got Zenmate for Chrome to access sites like KAT and US Netflix etc... but obviously this is no good for XBMC as it is it's own programme.

What's the best solution to this? Pay for a VPN and see if that'll let me access the streams?

Icefilms generally is down. Hopefully it should be back up soon.

Yeah I know, but when it's back up it's still been blocked by the main ISP providers. They actually banned 53 sites including IPTorrents.

These are the 32 blocked by the MPA.

watchseries
watchseries.to
Watchseries-online
Stream TV
Cucirca
Movie25
Iwannawatch
Warez BB
Ice Films
Tehparadox
Heroturko