Quantcast
Bit coins - Page 3 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rico1304

Bit coins

They'll end up like a collapsed pyramid scheme. Those who get in and out quick will make money, the poor suckers holding them at the end will be royally fucked.

="bri" post="3634711" timestamp="1389121614"]how do you invest in lite coins?

https://btc-e.com

Swerve bitcoins for now. I sold mine after the China incident reduced their value dramatically but I'd bought them very early on. Probably should have hung in there but such is life.

Litecoin is worth an investment, or not, if they fall / fail you won't lose much at this point.

The hardest part in the UK is actually buying them as cash can only be deposited in nonreversible transfers, so no PayPal or credit card.

Once you get the coins and they are held on the exchange (btc-e is the most reputable) transfer them to your wallet (software on your machine) back them up to an external hard drive and put it somewhere safe.

Or a landfill site in Newport

I have been to Newport, its fair to say we didnt stop long.

Its grimmer than Luton and thsts only a small step up from Watford.

I have been to Newport, its fair to say we didnt stop long.

Its grimmer than Luton and thsts only a small step up from Watford.

It's paradise compared to Port Talbot

So what your saying it I need to tamper with the data center at work and become a miner

Years back I worked at a software house where the sys admin claimed he had put bitcoin miners on the companies server blades.  He's not loaded now so I imagine it was bollocks.  He could have made a fortune.  

Blade servers now are all CPU power so no good for harvesting bitcoins or any coin really.  Early on people would use cloud based computational-power-for-hire places like Amazon web services or rackspace because the profit from the coins was more than the cost of hiring them, but now it is not efficient.

This is what a decent litecoin mining machine looks like:

1482-75-Graphic-Mine-mod.jpg

It is essentially as many high-spec overclocked graphics cards hooked to a motherboard and as many fans as can keep the hardware from failing.

I've been mining dogecoins for the lulz lately.  The UI for the wallet is amazing...

739.png

Maybe this should be moved to tech nerdy, because I am asperging out here.  I fucking love technology.

I took the lad to an ice cream parlour and the odious, cretin bus boy working there decided to regail me with a 30 minute tale of how he bought a bitcoin, awful business. When i was reading the posts about them on this thread I was putting his face with your names, KINELL.

I used to Jaden to an ice cream parour around 7 years ago, the fella one day came out and started going on about bitcoins and how they were going to be the future, naturally I thought he was a fucking lunatic and ignored.

Yeah, you told us this 3 years ago.

• Upvote 1

I read through a whole thread not long back on the GF, can't remember what it was - something about diets I think - and it was interesting to see the amount of times people come on and say pretty much exactly the same thing a year or two apart.