You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

Echo running the line this morning that Roma are 'pricing' Liverpool out of a move for Salah. Some shite about foreign clubs know PL clubs are awash with money so want to rinse them for all they can.

Seems a reasoned position. But you either accept it and pay over the odds or you dont and walk away. But you'll come to the same obstacle with the next player at a foreign club.

Just get the fucking deal done if the manager wants him.

• Upvote 1

I think it's obscene that Van Dijk and Salah, very good rather than world class footballers, would cost around £100m.

It's a sign of ridiculous and depressing times.

Saints quoting £70m for Van Dijk.

Roma wanting £40m for Salah.

If true, then Id understand not going for them- as you say, both good, but for that money you want top drawer 100%.

Pay the fucking price you scabby fucks. He's obviously going to be a success, his goal scoring record across his career and lightning pace speak for themselves.

Completely agree.

Van Dijk and Salah would both instantly improve our first XI so just pay the money Henry you scruffy cunt.

If true, then Id understand not going for them- as you say, both good, but for that money you want top drawer 100%.

I agree you dont want to be paying £70m for van Dijk. And salah at 40m euros may well be overpriced. But then again, so will the next player with any foreign club. The alternative to salah at Sporting(?) who they are looking at, is already 12m euros more than what Roma want.

Where is the sense in not buying salah at Roma's price in view of that?

English clubs have shitloads of money then think they can be misers when buying players from abroad. Thing is, clubs abroad have wised up to the PL money and want some of it. The problem is not going away, british born players already attract a premium. In some ways, foreign players are just catching up.

I dont Salah is over priced at 40m euro. Hes the best winger series A.

Average premier league wingers with no end product go for similar.

VVD is horribly over priced as is most premier league players so weve a cheek blaming foreign clubs

In a world that Bolaise is worth close to 30ml why the fuck we think Salah could be got for the same i dont know.

Just sign Douglas Costa ffs

Yup, so were saying Salah isnt worth that but our shite like Sturridge and Sakho is because they're premier league players, complete nonsense.

I think it's obscene that Van Dijk and Salah, very good rather than world class footballers, would cost around £100m.

It's a sign of ridiculous and depressing times.

It sure is depressing times.

If Bill Shankly heard that we’re pricing the local fans out of Anfield, yet use all the gate revenue from all 19 PL matches at Anfield to buy one singel rather good central defender he wouldn’t just turn in his grave, he’d dig himself out of it and give someone a much deserved spanking.

• Upvote 2

Welcome to your £1500 kop season ticket and £100 a month sky sports package.

Was thinking the same. Are the people saying "just get the player I don't care how much we pay" also ok with increased ticket prices?

They could of course be expecting the owners to find it out of their own pockets. Fair enough if that's the opinion, but it won't happen with these owners.

Was thinking the same. Are the people saying "just get the player I don't care how much we pay" also ok with increased ticket prices?

They could of course be expecting the owners to find it out of their own pockets. Fair enough if that's the opinion, but it won't happen with these owners.

In a context where these owners have sanctioned the fees, discounting inflation of 35m on Carroll, 20m on Downing, 20m on Markovic, 16m on Balotelli, 20m on Lovren and 32m on Benteke. Excuse me for wanting them to fork out a few more bob for a player who has ripped Serie A apart in the past 2 seasons.

I dont Salah is over priced at 40m euro. Hes the best winger series A.

Average premier league wingers with no end product go for similar.

VVD is horribly over priced as is most premier league players so weve a cheek blaming foreign clubs

I reckon the Grinch was pissed when he wrote that.

We aren't shopping at the top table...we are shopping a tier down and sadly the prices in that tier are still high.....our problem is we will drop down another tier when we do actually buy and still pay big money

'...Good things come to those who don't wait too long'

That's us fucked then

Yeah but dont worry, we're going to negotiate with Sporting for martins whose buy out clause is 52m euros, some 12m euros more than what roma want for salah. Good luck with getting at least 12m euros cut straight off the bat LFC.

January 2014 all over again

It's quite fucking outstanding isn't it.

Not just once but lose out twice to the same fucking player for the same fucking reason three years later.

All our clubs fault can't even blame the player or selling club.

Cunts