Quantcast
Mohamed Salah - Page 7 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Mohamed Salah

shouldn't be getting in a panic about this one just yet, there's plenty of time - we're only just in dune.

Plenty of time for someone else to nip in and snatch him right from under our noses, again, maybe. Sorry, anyone not panicking now is in denile.

• Upvote 1

Looks absolutely boss on youtube, comically quick him and mané running onto Phil's through balls is going to be a joy to behold.

Do you think? He's industrious, he has pace.. he's lacking in a bit of quality though... Did you see him beat a player with a piece of skill once?

Are Southampton in for him?

If he's not good enough for them then he's not good enough for us.

If he's good enough for us next year, he'll sign for Southampton. If he's good enough for us now, he'll sign for Spurs or Dortmund.

Do you think? He's industrious, he has pace.. he's lacking in a bit of quality though... Did you see him beat a player with a piece of skill once?

I don't think that's entirely unfair, he does have a bit of a loose touch.

Still, he's fast, hardworking, scores goals and a decent passer. If you added genius on the ball as well he'd be double the price.

He'd never get a game for Hull or Burnley.

He might thought on loan in a couple of years. We've seen it before.

Not a smart move from him.

Why so? Does it not indicate that he might be willing to put a bit of pressure on Roma to push the deal through?

That seems a curious distinction to make. While I have seen him beat people with skill, I'm not sure I care how he beats people as long as he does beat people. I think he would give us what somebody like Robben gave Chelsea against weaker teams. Yes, he's not a polished player in the way a Robben or Ribery or even Mane is, but he does have the vital attributes, and they stretch beyond pace and industriousness; he certainly has shown enough end product. Now, will we have to overpay for him? Sure, but that seems to be this transfer window's cost of doing any business at all. 

Why so? Does it not indicate that he might be willing to put a bit of pressure on Roma to push the deal through?

Yeah maybe. What do Roma think? Is it going to put their back up and drag this out?

Yeah maybe. What do Roma think? Is it going to put their back up and drag this out?

Suppose that could be true also. Could make them more stubborn. Also makes it easier for them to sell him from a fans viewpoint if they turn on him.

That seems a curious distinction to make. While I have seen him beat people with skill, I'm not sure I care how he beats people as long as he does beat people. I think he would give us what somebody like Robben gave Chelsea against weaker teams. Yes, he's not a polished player in the way a Robben or Ribery or even Mane is, but he does have the vital attributes, and they stretch beyond pace and industriousness; he certainly has shown enough end product. Now, will we have to overpay for him? Sure, but that seems to be this transfer window's cost of doing any business at all.

Pace alone isn't much use against other pacy players or teams defending deep. We have seen plenty of pacey players struggle to make a consistent impact e.g., Aaron Lennon, Mark Gonzalez, Djibril Cisse, etc. However, you can't argue against his stats, I accept that he had a very productive year. I'm still not convinced however that's he's the right player for us.

Pace alone isn't much use against other pacy players or teams defending deep. We have seen plenty of pacey players struggle to make a consistent impact e.g., Aaron Lennon, Mark Gonzalez, Djibril Cisse, etc. However, you can't argue against his stats, I accept that he had a very productive year. I'm still not convinced however that's he's the right player for us.

I'm not necessarily convinced, but then I wasn't with Mane either so I'm OK with trusting Klopp and seeing what happens.