You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

Honestly don't know how you could watch that game yesterday and be asking what else does Salah offer if he doesn't score. He was our main threat. He had his full back terrified. His decision making is very good for a winger and commits players. He's been a fucking great signing so far.

• Upvote 4

Honestly don't know how you could watch that game yesterday and be asking what else does Salah offer if he doesn't score. He was our main threat. He had his full back terrified. His decision making is very good for a winger and commits players. He's been a fucking great signing so far.

Not surprised by anything anymore. The way some people see the game makes me want the drugs they're on. 

• Upvote 1

I half agree with you but he didn't score, or really work De Gea tbh. Also he didn't lay it on a plate for anyone else which given he was running rings around them at the back was frustrating. What he did do was to scare them and pin them back enabling us to dominate the game for spells , A pity his good play wasn't rewarded with a win which is partly his fault if we're being truly objective.  

I agree. I thought he was excellent on Saturday, for me, that was his best game for us. He had Darmian terrified. He made some great runs through the middle and picked out a good pass at the end of them. His touch and control were excellent throughout the match (he did tire towards the end but that was to be expected). He rarely wasted the ball while he was on the pitch.

I had no problem with him taking that ball off Coutinho and shooting. Maybe he should have scored but he only had a split second to get the shot off and he wasn't far wide. 

I also thought he was much stronger on the ball and resilient to the shithouse tackling of united's ogar's. I hope he can keep up this level of performance and prove everything i said was wrong earlier in the thread. I'd rather he play like Saturday than score the odd goal because i think that kind of performance benefits the team more and will help us win more games over a season. 

• Upvote 1

I half agree with you but he didn't score, or really work De Gea tbh. Also he didn't lay it on a plate for anyone else which given he was running rings around them at the back was frustrating. What he did do was to scare them and pin them back enabling us to dominate the game for spells , A pity his good play wasn't rewarded with a win which is partly his fault if we're being truly objective.

That's my point though. Even the best players in the world don't score or assist every single game. When your playing against one of the best defensive managers of all time who is setting up his team to not concede the likelihood is you aren't going to get an easy chances falling to you.

He doesn't go hiding when this is the case. He gets on the ball and does the right thing. He runs at his man and doesn't give the ball away cheaply. In games like that you just try to wear your man down and he did his job doing that. If you can't see that he's doing that and the benefits that doing that offers the team then you're fucking clueless (not aimed at you).

• Upvote 1