You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

You cant fuck off a club that doesn't agree to pay for you.

You're right. I always thought it was agreed but Chelsea offered him more. Oh well, another one we fucked up. We moved onto Konaplyanka after Salah to Chelsea!

Mohamed Salah has revealed the reason behind his decision to join Chelsea over Liverpool in 2014 – a phonecall from Jose Mourinho.

The Egyptian winger was a long-time transfer target for the Reds during Brendan Rodgers’ reign.

Then at Basel, Salah had looked set to move to Anfield in January 2014, only for the clubs to fail to agree a deal.

He eventually joined Chelsea for £11m, with Liverpool moving on to an ultimately-fruitless pursuit of Ukrainian wide man Yehven Konoplyanka.

“Liverpool had wanted me for a number of months. They had opened talks in October 2013,” Salah told MBC Masr.

“Negotiations took a long time, because Basel rejected more than one offer. They felt the transfer fee was not that high. I was waiting for Liverpool because I really like Liverpool. I was eager to join them.

“But then I received a phone call from Mourinho and that changed everything. He explained the situation to me and told me that he needed me at Chelsea. That was one of the main reasons why I joined Chelsea.

“Mourinho told me that he thought I was a good player and that he wanted me to pick Chelsea.”

Salah’s move to Stamford Bridge failed to work out; he made just 19 appearances for the Londoners, and was loaned to Fiorentina last season before joining Roma permanently basis in the summer. He has since scored 12 goals in 33 games for the Serie A side

He’s not aesthetically pleasing to watch; loose touch, doesn’t really beat his man... However he is very effective, he seems to read attacking situations very well, and his pace is a very good weapon.

He’s been my favourite player to watch this season. Good touch (statistically, better than Mane), good skill, rapid, constantly beating his man down the wing, good end product and will still be settling in the team. Are you sure you’re watching the right player and not doing the whole Lovren/Matip mix up again?

This guy is getting better all the time. He’s a quality player who lights up the match.

• Upvote 1

There is something slightly odd in how he plays, in a good way of course - he seems to take the more unorthodox route or angle to get an outcome and what ever it is that makes him do this - it unsettles the fuck out of defenders and buys him an extra touch.

I guess Its all assisted by his pace of course, but I like how the lad thinks(unorthodoxly), he's always thinking about how he can either get or turn on the blind side of his marker(last nights goal doing just that) and how he can get a shot in or buy himself an extra touch or time. 

Great player and possibly the buy of the season for the entire league. 6 goals in 9 games is a pretty shot hot return thus far.

aRdja has been proven totally wrong about a player once again, so he has to resort to praising him through gritted teeth and caveat that praise with some imaginary flaw.

If Robbie Brady had signed for us and played half as well, he'd be on here crowing citing every stat going.

• Upvote 1

He’s been my favourite player to watch this season. Good touch (statistically, better than Mane), good skill, rapid, constantly beating his man down the wing, good end product and will still be settling in the team. Are you sure you’re watching the right player and not doing the whole Lovren/Matip mix up again?

This guy is getting better all the time. He’s a quality player who lights up the match.

It’s as if Ljungberg was a crap player. I was giving the man a compliment!

He’s virtually nothing at all like Ljungberg in any capacity.

Diminituve, rapid, hard working, winger who plays on the right, not overly blessed with technique but more than makes up for it by being very effective. Btw, I like Salah, I’m glad we got him instead of Mahrez, who I preferred at the time.