WhiskeyJar

Mohamed Salah

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah still only 33 so will have another contract  in him. Reckon he plays till he's 36/37. Wouldn't be shocked if we have told him he can go after 2 years of the deal

It’s a sensible compromise from both sides imo, and I’m no fan of the owners. 

But offering the reported higher wages but over a shorter contract makes perfect sense. 

And as you say there’s still another contract in the future for Mo either with us or stupid money elsewhere. 

Credit to the club/owners and Mo for making this work. 

Get in. Get the fuck in!

Delighted. 

Pay Virgil when the time comes as well. Salah, Virgil and Allison are the ones.

Offal - Klopp's reaction

Jürgen Klopp believes Mohamed Salah's finest years are still to come after the Egyptian committed his future to Liverpool with a new long-term contract.

Having scored 156 goals in 254 appearances since joining the Reds in the summer of 2017, Salah today penned fresh terms to ensure his incredible Anfield spell will continue further.

The 30-year-old was named PFA Players’ Player of the Year and FWA Footballer of the Year following a 2021-22 campaign in which he netted 31 times to help Liverpool lift the Emirates FA Cup and Carabao Cup while also finishing runners-up in the Premier League and Champions League.

Klopp hailed the news of Salah’s renewal as the best decision for both club and player, outlining why he expects the No.11 to only enhance his repertoire in the seasons ahead.

“This is a special treat for our supporters to enjoy their weekend even more. I’m sure there will be some celebrations for this news tonight,” the manager told Liverpoolfc.com.

“Really pleased – really, really pleased. It’s the best decision for us and best decision for him. He belongs with us I think. This is his club now.

“Of course it has taken a little time but that’s absolutely OK and the best things are always worth waiting for anyway. Mo is one of the best players in the world; it’s only normal there are things to sort when you are at his level. So big credit to Julian Ward and Mike Gordon for guiding us to this destination.

“I have no doubt Mo’s best years are still to come. And that’s saying something, because the first five seasons here have been the stuff of legend.

“Fitness-wise, he’s a machine – in the most incredible shape. He works hard on it and he gets his rewards. His ability and his skill level gets higher each season, and his decision-making has gone to another level also.

“He is adored by his teammates. As coaches we know we work with someone special. And the supporters have crowned him a king. So, very cool.

“It is just great news. It makes me smile thinking about it. He stays with us for longer and it means we can achieve more together.”

Delighted by the news but can I say the whole announcement on Twitter is one for the shiteness of modern football.   

20 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Still sounds like the future that doesn't it?

"Space: 2025" 

20-25 sounds like the age requirement for Leonardo Di Caprio's next girlfriend.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Looks like Joyce tweet is a typo. 

Guardian saying contract runs until Salah turns 33, in 2025. 

That would make sense as its 2022 and he is signing for 3 years.

Wasn’t expecting that at all! Great news, well done all. 

I liked him putting on the new shirt, that’s all we needed to see!