You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

13 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Vietnam: Hold my beer.

Who else would play on the right? Bobby is injured, and Sadio is rocking it in the centre with Luis the same on the left. Jurgen doesn’t exactly have backup for Mo in big games. 

Less talking about revenge & playing Madrid and more concentrating on scoring goals again & playing better would help.

His drop in form since the Afcon has been hidden by Diaz & Mane for the most part. 

• Upvote 1

Less talking about revenge & playing Madrid and more concentrating on scoring goals again & playing better would help.

His drop in form since the Afcon has been hidden by Diaz & Mane for the most part. 

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Doesn't fasting impact the Muslim lads? Needs some turkey rasher sandwiches the wee man. 

They stopped fasting over a week ago and he was still shite at the weekend. He's just overplayed and in a rut.

3 hours ago, Mark M said:

It's actually worked out well that Salah was great in the first half of the season and Mane and Diaz have been great in the second half. It would be worse if they were all off form at the same time.

1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

It's actually worked out well that Salah was great in the first half of the season and Mane and Diaz have been great in the second half. It would be worse if they were all off form at the same time.

We could really have done with him not being shite yesterday. 

Just now, Mark M said:

Thats a big dip in form alright - out of Interest how many of those 7 goals are Pens do you know ?

Just now, Mark M said:

Thats a big dip in form alright - out of Interest how many of those 7 goals are Pens do you know ?

I don't....not many i'd say....we don't seem to get many.

6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

You just don't see city players making such bad decisions over and over again like this

https://t.co/UZyHreUOOp

In a tight game where there were no spaces because they had everyone behind the ball and 6 across the back at times....that's quite damning. 

I remember one or two of those situations live, especially the first and last one. He really should have passed, we would have had much clearer shots on goal and probably 3 points in the bag. 

On 09/05/2022 at 11:15, Section_31 said:

Doesn't fasting impact the Muslim lads? Needs some turkey rasher sandwiches the wee man. 

Read this in a Big Jim McDonald voice. Might read everything in a Big Jim McDonald voice from now on.

28 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

In a tight game where there were no spaces because they had everyone behind the ball and 6 across the back at times....that's quite damning. 

I remember one or two of those situations live, especially the first and last one. He really should have passed, we would have had much clearer shots on goal and probably 3 points in the bag. 

Early on in a season one might indulge him and wait for him to regain form, but this is the time when we simply must win games and score as many goals as we can, and he's just wasting too many chances. But this whole thread is operating like some 1960s tape loop happening. You either simplify his game by moving him over to the left or you rest him. Otherwise you get the collective neurosis the team used to suffer when Michael Owen wasn't scoring - everyone wastes chances trying to set up chances for him so that he stops wasting chances.

I hope klopp had a word with Salah over some of his decision making in recent games. 100 percent I get that top players are ambitious and back themselves but the team comes first and the best option should always be the first option. He's incredible, I think his poor return since the afcon is on his mind and he's trying too hard for himself.

• Upvote 1