You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

It'll be a hell of a dilemma if he doesn't sign. Do you sell now, or lose him for nothing? For all those who favour the latter, what if he went to City?

That’s the nightmare scenario. Like I said on the last page, would he just totally piss his legacy here up the wall by doing that?

19 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I’d obviously prefer Mo to stay but if he leaves, so be it. We thrived before Mo Salah and we’ll thrive after him too. You’d think some of these players would look at what happened to the likes of Coutinho and Gini. The grass isn’t always greener and all that.

gettyimages-453727700.jpg

10 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

It'll be a hell of a dilemma if he doesn't sign. Do you sell now, or lose him for nothing? For all those who favour the latter, what if he went to City?

I honestly cannot see Mo going to city. Would they make him higher paid than DeBruyne especially as Kane seems to be their target? I dont think so.

2 hours ago, Boss said:

There's only five players in world football that can replace his goals (Lewandowski, Benzema, Mbappe, Kane and Haaland) and none of them play in his position.

This isn’t true. It’ll be proven false when Mo leaves and we sign a boss player who scores loads of goals and becomes world class. We won’t have been linked to him or ever suspected he’d be a target.

Mo is fantastic and I’d love him to stay but he’s a slave to the system and unless he moves to Kloppo’s next club he won’t be as successful as he is here. Oh and if ambition is his aim then why move to the farmers league?

52 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Spain or Paris bound. 

Real Madrid are signing Mbappe and want Haaland as well. No-one else in Spain has the money.

It's PSG, and has looked that way for about 12 months. They'll need to replace Mbappe, they can pay him £600k p/w or whatever, and Salah can score 237 goals in the league.

I think we'll renew Mane's contract, and just go with him, Jota, Diaz, and Bobby for next season. Origi, obviously, will still be here as well.

I feel there’s an element of Mo’s agent realising he has maybe one more big move left, as he’s 30 and he either has a contract from us that’ll cover any extra that’ll be made from a move to whoever, or he leaves for whoever if we don’t give him the money.

There’s also other factors, one of the commentators let slip the other night that Salah might like to be the first Egyptian to play for Real Madrid, which might mean nothing but might also have an element of truth about it.

He might be aware that we are going to sign players who might compromise his position here (no laughing at the back) or that we might not be signing anyone of note, we aren’t privy to any of this and aren’t likely to be.

He’s won the title here, he’s won the CL here, he has nothing left to prove to us or anyone else about his time here, is it actually unsurprising then he might think it’s time he moved on for his own sake?
I’ve no doubt, although I can’t prove it, he will have been made an improved offer, which is possibly the most we’ve ever offered any player, but if it isn’t enough for his agent then he moves on.

If that is the case then, as has been said, it’s thanks very much Mo, you’re a legend fella, good luck wherever you go, as long as it isn’t when you play us, or if it’s to PSG or City ever.

4 hours ago, No2 said:

Has anyone changed their thoughts on Mo's situation? There was an awful lot of "pay him what he wants" and "I'll never forgive FSG" if they let him go. With the signing of Diaz and the return of Elliott there was universal agreement we had the best squad we have ever had. The people that built that squad are the same ones making a call on Mo, I'm happy to put faith in them.

Something about laughing at Klopp through emojis really grinds at my gears. Its getting like the Sterling situation from 2015 when the agent is being such a prick you would like to tell the player to get rid of him or get fucked.

I'm here as well.  Salah could well have been offered a bit more, but not anymore, and I stand behind Klopp and the club.  

I think Salah needs to realise it's not helping the club.  Fine if he wants to go, he goes with my blessing, what a player.  And I think he does want to be the first Egyptian in a Real Madrid shirt, perhaps he'll be the only Egyptian to play for them, it's the sort of thing that motivates him. 

Putting emotion aside, I don't see a clear way forward for him unless Madrid can clear out a bunch of players.  But then having forward options of Benzema, Mbappe, Vinicius and Salah would firmly reassert their galactico credentials. 

It then gives us £150m+ to spend on that good looking lad at Atletico.

I think City will get Haaland, next season or the season after.

The other night showed Mbappe what he could expect at Madrid, which creates a Salah sized hole at PSG, unless Madrid decide to go for him as well as Mbappe.

We could sign Mbappe…………joking, joking.