You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

10 hours ago, niallers said:

I think we should have bought Grealish just to see how they would explain how he magically went from the most fouled player in the league to one of the least.

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I think the rest of the team didn't help him tonight. When Inter were putting 3 or 4 defenders on him, no fucker was going to help him out with an option for an easy ball.

Good point. 

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I think the rest of the team didn't help him tonight. When Inter were putting 3 or 4 defenders on him, no fucker was going to help him out with an option for an easy ball.

Probably because they know it's a waste of time when he just tries to recreate his goals against Watford and City every time he receives the ball.

• Downvote 1

Havent seen the presser so dont know how accurate this is. But, Mo's agent seems to be acting the cunt again regarding what Jurgen has said.

Mo Salah's agent has appeared to laugh off Jurgen Klopp's suggestion that the ball is in Mo Salah's court over a new Liverpool contract. 

The Egyptian has been a sensation during his time at Liverpool and many fans are nervous about the prospect of losing him if terms cannot be agreed. 

Salah's current deal runs until 2023 but the topic of his renewal has been repeatedly brought up this season.

Ahead of this Saturday's early kick-off against Brighton, Klopp was asked whether the club could do any more to tie Salah down on a new contract.

He said: 'Mo definitely expects this club to be ambitious, we were in the last years and we are.

Of course we cannot do much more, that's how it is, I think meanwhile it is Mo's decision, pretty much. 

'I think the club did what the club can do. There's nothing more to say about it from my point of view, it is exactly like it should be at the moment.

'Nothing happened further, so no signing, no rejection or whatever so we just have to wait for that, it's completely fine, there's no rush in this situation.'

But Klopp's words then appeared to be dismissed by Salah's agent Ramy Abass Issa, who simply posted a row of seven crying-with-laughter emojis. 

Salah has scored 19 Premier League goals this season so far to lead the race for the Golden Boot. 

He's also scored eight goals in eight Champions League games to help the Reds into the quarter-finals of the competition. 

Liverpool remain six points behind Manchester City with one game in hand and face a tough challenge against the Seagulls this weekend.

They are on a run of seven successive wins in the league and know only three points will do if they are to keep taking the fight to Pep Guardiola's men.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10602535/Jurgen-Klopp-insists-Liverpool-new-deal-Salah.html

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Its annoying that this is dragging on during the business end of the season.

It feels very much like it's not going to happen now. 

I think klopp has as good as said there there's no deal to be made. We've offered what we've offered and we're just waiting for Mo to officially turn it down. We need to get someone this summer to replace Mo. Not sure how you do that, but we already don't have much in the way of cover for him, so we've just got to get it sorted and try and see if there's a move for Mo so we don't loose him for free. 

Has anyone changed their thoughts on Mo's situation? There was an awful lot of "pay him what he wants" and "I'll never forgive FSG" if they let him go. With the signing of Diaz and the return of Elliott there was universal agreement we had the best squad we have ever had. The people that built that squad are the same ones making a call on Mo, I'm happy to put faith in them.

Something about laughing at Klopp through emojis really grinds at my gears. Its getting like the Sterling situation from 2015 when the agent is being such a prick you would like to tell the player to get rid of him or get fucked.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

The people that built that squad are the same ones making a call on Mo, I'm happy to put faith in them.

Exactly. He has to go some time. As long as we replace him with somebody mega, or several future mega players, then... meh. I hope we keep him, but it's not the end of the club if he won't sign a contract. That said, if it's a case of us just being stinging cunts, then sort it out. It's hard to make a judgement if you don't know the details - as none of us do - so I'll just sit content that the back room staff will get it sorted somehow. 

5 minutes ago, No2 said:

Has anyone changed their thoughts on Mo's situation? There was an awful lot of "pay him what he wants" and "I'll never forgive FSG" if they let him go. With the signing of Diaz and the return of Elliott there was universal agreement we had the best squad we have ever had. The people that built that squad are the same ones making a call on Mo, I'm happy to put faith in them.

Something about laughing at Klopp through emojis really grinds at my gears. Its getting like the Sterling situation from 2015 when the agent is being such a prick you would like to tell the player to get rid of him or get fucked.

I still think the club has to give Mo what he wants. He's a once in an almost generation type of player. Would we find someone to replace him, who knows? But why take the chance?

Ive no time for agents and think they're all twats of the highest order but the one thing I would say is this. If we are to lose Mo, he mustnt go on a free.

The "Salah wants us to be ambitious" thing has always been complete nonsense and Klopp knows it with his comments. If he doesn't sign a new deal, it's simply because he wants to do something new. If that's the case, fine. As always, you don't keep people who want to leave.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The "Salah wants us to be ambitious" thing has always been complete nonsense and Klopp knows it with his comments. If he doesn't sign a new deal, it's simply because he wants to do something new. If that's the case, fine. As always, you don't keep people who want to leave.

Or perhaps he links then clubs ambitions is reflected in paying a salary he believes is market rate and he's deserved. 

43 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Sticking a PL or CL trophy in the cabinet in May will make a mockery of his ambition statements. 

24 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Or perhaps he links then clubs ambitions is reflected in paying a salary he believes is market rate and he's deserved. 

Yes, and that probably, fair enough. It was funny when people thought he wasn't signing because he wanted signings and new contracts for other players, though. Or to be in line to win things. All of which we've done and are in a position of doing. That's what most people thought was meant by ambition. 

Anyway, I said it from the start, he's played a blinder in this with his incalculable number of interviews in the past year where he's discussed his contract situation and put pressure on the club. Like most players that want to leave, it's simply about money and wanting to try something new. If he didn't want to try something new, he'd stay. 

18 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yes, and that probably, fair enough. It was funny when people thought he wasn't signing because he wanted signings and new contracts for other players, though. Or to be in line to win things. All of which we've done and are in a position of doing. That's what most people thought was meant by ambition. 

Anyway, I said it from the start, he's played a blinder in this with his incalculable number of interviews in the past year where he's discussed his contract situation and put pressure on the club. Like most players that want to leave, it's simply about money and wanting to try something new. If he didn't want to try something new, he'd stay. 

Personally I think paying market rate salaries is as relevant as all the other things you mention as a sign of ambition. If you don't pay the market salary to the best players, someone else will. It shouldn't shock anyone that it's more important to the player himself. But equally Salah can look to the likes of Gini and see he may double his money elsewhere, but it could effectively be the end of his top flight career. I think he's more driven than that and he will genuinely want to win and keep winning. 

I'm pretty much accepting he's off at this point. My view all along is if it wasn't done by shortly after afcon, he'd be gone and I've heard nothing today to change that point of view. My worry is where he ends up. We can control it this summer to some extent. But next summer we could see him heading to Abu Dhabi. 

Fuck, looks like this has completely at deadlock.

It’s completely unimaginable that we can’t bring ourselves to play the best player in the world his market value. It would be a hugh admission that we don’t intend to compete at the top tier.

Looks like a complete false economy too, how are you going to find players to replace someone with this output, it’s virtually impossible.

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Personally I think paying market rate salaries is as relevant as all the other things you mention as a sign of ambition. If you don't pay the market salary to the best players, someone else will. It shouldn't shock anyone that it's more important to the player himself. But equally Salah can look to the likes of Gini and see he may double his money elsewhere, but it could effectively be the end of his top flight career. I think he's more driven than that and he will genuinely want to win and keep winning. 

I'm pretty much accepting he's off at this point. My view all along is if it wasn't done by shortly after afcon, he'd be gone and I've heard nothing today to change that point of view. My worry is where he ends up. We can control it this summer to some extent. But next summer we could see him heading to Abu Dhabi. 

Yes, but the thing with that is we've managed to extend Alisson, Fabinho, van Dijk, foreign players in their prime ages with no prior attachment to the club, who are world class at their positions and expect equivalent salaries. Clearly, we're not exactly insulting in our contract offers. This is simply a Salah problem. His age and his demands, alone. If that's the case, no issue. Thanks for everything, and that's it.