WhiskeyJar

Mohamed Salah

The Salah will be sold stories are a result of how we have previously behaved in terms of not really spending money and our very small net spend over a while now...We need to prove the theory/idea is wrong and then it will go away in future.

This is a big statement period for the club either way....

51 minutes ago, fungus said:

We've been down this path before, does anyone really think Salah is going to sign a new contract?

Which previous major players said that they wanted to stay and that most of the details were agreed, before fucking off?

50 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Which previous major players said that they wanted to stay and that most of the details were agreed, before fucking off?

https://metro.co.uk/2015/02/24/raheem-sterling-hints-new-liverpool-contract-close-to-being-signed-5076967/

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/mar/25/javier-mascherano-contract-liverpool

• Upvote 1

On 30/01/2022 at 21:16, fungus said:

Well, if it's happened twice in 12 years, it's inevitably going to happen with Salah. I'd best go and buy a shirt with his name on, so I can burn it on Twitter.

Look how excited Virgil is. "He's back, the main man".

That's why I always say our top players would absolutely be thrilled to have Mo sign a new contract. They wont be thinking, "this fucker is on 350k a week now". They'll just be made up that he is still at the club.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

On 08/02/2022 at 12:50, Supremolad said:

Look how excited Virgil is. "He's back, the main man".

That's why I always say our top players would absolutely be thrilled to have Mo sign a new contract. They wont be thinking, "this fucker is on 350k a week now". They'll just be made up that he is still at the club.

Exactly; and if he leaves and our form tails off, the better players will be considering their own futures. Why would a Van Dijk or Alisson want to waste vital years at a club that cannot / isn’t willing to do what it takes to compete? Even a local player like TAA, which many years ahead of him, can’t necessarily be expected to stay if the club can’t maintain a place in the upper echelons.

15 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Exactly; and if he leaves and our form tails off, the better players will be considering their own futures. Why would a Van Dijk or Alisson want to waste vital years at a club that cannot / isn’t willing to do what it takes to compete? Even a local player like TAA, which many years ahead of him, can’t necessarily be expected to stay if the club can’t maintain a place in the upper echelons.

Not sure Virgil, Alli and a few others would leave just because Mo does in the scenario you mention. As Ive said, Im not on that hill that says Mo's off like some suggest. And there's still the question of who the club would bring in anyway.

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

And there's still the question of who the club would bring in anyway.

My guess would be that fella Bupkis from Greece or the Spanish winger Nadie.