You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

33 minutes ago, No2 said:

Stick the right amount of money on a contract and those problems all go away.

Perhaps. Putting the money in would be an illustration of their commitment to wanting to have the services of the very best footballers. but salah does strike me as a man who is on a mission to win all he can. i have no doubt if he signs for us for say 4 years, his intention would be to be in a team challenging for the PL and CL every year he is here. Every time the lad talks, he is so focussed on achieving, i think that is very clear. Money obviously plays a massive part. But I do think this lad is driven by achievements and his legacy. 

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

He wants to stay pending the ambition of the owners, they were his words. If he just wanted to stay, the contract would be signed. There's nothing wrong with him being smart enough to know this is a good place to play football (for a bunch of reasons) and realising the biggest risk to it being a good place to play is FSG and what will happen if/when klopp leaves half way through his new contract. Honestly I think it's shows he and his agent know what most fans say, we're a great team, but we massively punch above the budget provided by fsg. 

That's not what he said. I thought we cleared that up? Read the argument between me and m0e. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

That's not what he said. I thought we cleared that up? Read the argument between me and m0e. 

It is what he said though. 

"There are things like the ambition of the team and the coach and what he wants to do with the team and the players he wants. These are all important points when making the decision."

54 minutes ago, m0e said:

It's a tough one. Suarez only signed when he was given a release clause. 

We don't do that anymore. 

If he signs and FSG decide 4th is good enough for them, he's fucked. 

Like I said, I think Mo's angling for some assurance than Jurgen will be manager for the period of the new contract and that players wanted will be signed.

But I think Mo's playing a dangerous game if he is holding out for that especially as only Jurgen knows if he will sign a further contract.

There's only a handful of clubs who could sign Mo if he's serious about winning major trophies. Personally, I dont think Barcelona are going to be competing for major trophies in the next 2 or 3 years.

Can he be sure Real and Barcelona are going to sign all the players they target especially in the next 2 or 3 years? Is he really thinking he could sign for city, chelsea or even newcastle if they offered him a big enough wedge?

Does he really want to play in the Bundesliga, Serie A or Ligue Un?

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It is what he said though. 

"There are things like the ambition of the team and the coach and what he wants to do with the team and the players he wants. These are all important points when making the decision."

No, it isn't. Read the interview and look with what context he's saying that. 

34 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Like I said, I think Mo's angling for some assurance than Jurgen will be manager for the period of the new contract and that players wanted will be signed.

But I think Mo's playing a dangerous game if he is holding out for that especially as only Jurgen knows if he will sign a further contract.

There's only a handful of clubs who could sign Mo if he's serious about winning major trophies. Personally, I dont think Barcelona are going to be competing for major trophies in the next 2 or 3 years.

Can he be sure Real and Barcelona are going to sign all the players they target especially in the next 2 or 3 years? Is he really thinking he could sign for city, chelsea or even newcastle if they offered him a big enough wedge?

Does he really want to play in the Bundesliga, Serie A or Ligue Un?

I think it's a pretty safe bet that Real Madrid will be competing for all major trophies for a while yet. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, m0e said:

I think it's a pretty safe bet that Real Madrid will be competing for all major trophies for a while yet. 

In Spain, yes. Champions League, Im not so certain given the debt they also have even if the Spanish football authorities have leant over backwards for them, again, giving them by far the biggest spending 'cap' of any Spanish team.

Also, if Mo can be said to have fluttered his eybrows at any club recently, it is Barcelona. The only way they are signing him is on a free and, in my view, there's no way FSG will let that happen.

12 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Just thinking about him getting in people's faces. I don't remember ever a player getting in his face trying to wind him up. I can't even remember a game where he's been targeted and booted off the park come to think of it. Is he that good the can't even give him a boot? 

He’s had a couple of players in his face while he was trying to take some pens this year. That’s all I can remember.