Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Mohamed Salah

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The quote is; "coach and the players he wants". The context is, he says "there are not just financial considerations" (when a club decides to re-sign a player).

 

All he's saying is; the coach wanting you still is a factor in a club re-signing a player. Yeah, no shit. 

 

I don't get what there is to imply. It's all very obvious stuff. There's nothing about "other contracts" in there. 

He mentions "the coach" and "the players he wants" under the context of "the ambitions of the team".

 

You say it has nothing to do with who we buy.

 

I say it has everything to do with who we buy.

 

And who we buy is determined by what we are willing to pay them, which is also directly linked to what we are prepared to pay him.

 

Hence, other players contracts.

 

Edit- you seem to be implying that Klopp may not want him based on his demands?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, m0e said:

He mentions "the coach" and "the players he wants" under the context of "the ambitions of the team".

 

You say it has nothing to do with who we buy.

 

I say it has everything to do with who we buy.

 

And who we buy is determined by what we are willing to pay them, which is also directly linked to what we are prepared to pay him.

 

Hence, other players contracts.

Haha OK. Like I said, you twisted a very simple statement into something else entirely. Fair play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Haha OK. Like I said, you twisted a very simple statement into something else entirely. Fair play. 

I don't know about twisting anything, I'm just trying to understand the stand off.

 

It's clearly about money; and I think if we've made our position clear that we can't afford his demands, then it makes sense that we won't be meeting the demands of other (potential) superstars.

 

I think you've oversimplified it, and I think you know you have by the "No shit" comment you made in your own analysis.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, m0e said:

I don't know about twisting anything, I'm just trying to understand the stand off.

 

It's clearly about money; and I think if we've made our position clear that we can't afford his demands, then it makes sense that we won't be meeting the demands of other (potential) superstars.

 

I think you've oversimplified it, and I think you know you have by the "No shit" comment you made I'm your own analysis.

It is simple. Read the interview again. It's nothing but platitudes about why a club would decide to re-sign a player or not. There's nothing in there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 3 Stacks said:

It is simple. Read the interview again. It's nothing but platitudes about why a club would decide to re-sign a player or not. There's nothing in there. 

Fair play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 “I read what was said about Xavi’s interest to sign me.

 

"This is something that makes me happy that a team like Barcelona is interested in me, but I’m happy in Liverpool and we will see what happens in the future.

 

“At the moment, I prefer to stay in the Premier League as it’s the strongest league in the world."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FSG.

Give him what he wants. Stop being skin flints.
 Get Klopp to extend his contract if at all possible, sign some quality players and get out there and twat everybody!  Become the most dominant team ever seen.

 

or fade into the past again & become a footnote on the history of English & European football. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fungus said:

Aww bless, people actually think he's not going to run his contract down and leave on a free?!

If he does that it won't be because he choose that.

That would be FSG's choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen that article in the Echo. Seems to me Mo is saying they arent a million miles away as regards his financial package. But, it also reads to me he wants assurances Jurgen is going to be manager for the majority if not all the length of a new contract and that players Jurgen and his backroom identify as targets, get brought in if the manager wants them at the club.

 

I dont have any fears Mo is signing for another PL club after what he said previously. No way is Mo leaving on a free either in my opinion.

 

Mo has a good hand but, is he really going to fold and hope Barcelona or even Real come in for him? He's seen it go tits up for Phil and his 'dream move' and I think Mbappe is Real's real target.

 

Could he go to Bayern or PSG and win a one horse league? No, I think he wouldnt see that as a challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't need this shit in public, sit down like grown ups and work out a deal or don't. He's a brilliant footballer but he isn't Suarez or Torres, there is no barrel we need to bend over, we have several other world class players this time and the money to replace him with another one.

 

Everyone wants him to stay but if his demands are oil club demands leave him at it, go enjoy the empty plastic seats. Is he worth twice what Van Dijk is worth? Four times what Trent is getting? He's not and that's the bottom line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, No2 said:

We don't need this shit in public, sit down like grown ups and work out a deal or don't. He's a brilliant footballer but he isn't Suarez or Torres, there is no barrel we need to bend over, we have several other world class players this time and the money to replace him with another one.

He's the star of this world class team, just like they were of 2 decent teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, m0e said:

What's that supposed to mean?

He isn't a one man team, it won't all crumble if he leaves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, No2 said:

He isn't a one man team, it won't all crumble if he leaves. 

See my comment above.

 

Nothing crumbled when Torres left. That happened when Alonso left, and people said the same shit then as you just did about replacing him.

 

And what about when we passed on Anelka?

 

This isn't a computer game. The balance of the side is massively reliant on Mo, and he's irreplaceable in terms of the way we've set up.

 

On top of that, Mane and Firmino have their contracts up at the same time.

 

The only way this isn't a problem is if we have clear plans to replace all 3, which means we'd probably need a more conventional #9 to make up for Mo's lost goals.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It is simple. Read the interview again. It's nothing but platitudes about why a club would decide to re-sign a player or not. There's nothing in there. 

I just watched the interview (I speak Arabic by the way) and you were right about the simple nature of the quotes.

 

I'm happy that there was no hidden message.

 

He was asked how a footballer would go about making the decision to choose a club, and he was clearly speaking in general terms.

 

What he was clear on was that he wants to feel that we are doing all we can to convince him to stay, and to "show that we are prepared to do anything" to keep him.

 

He said that this is "for me personally, an important point".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, m0e said:

See my comment above.

 

Nothing crumbled when Torres left. That happened when Alonso left, and people said the same shit then as you just did about replacing him.

 

And what about when we passed on Anelka?

 

This isn't a computer game. The balance of the side is massively reliant on Mo, and he's irreplaceable in terms of the way we've set up.

 

On top of that, Mane and Firmino have their contracts up at the same time.

 

The only way this isn't a problem is if we have clear plans to replace all 3, which means we'd probably need a more conventional #9 to make up for Mo's lost goals.

All I'm saying is Mo doesn't have the hand he thinks he does, if he thinks he's worth twice what Van Dijk is then he's in for a surprise. I'm not getting emotionally involved in any player when we're talking about the numbers we are here.  He's going to earn in a week what the average man earns in 10 years, I'm not going to bat for him so he make it 15 years. I just don't care enough about any player. Just get someone to replace him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, m0e said:

I just watched the interview (I speak Arabic by the way) and you were right about the simple nature of the quotes.

 

I'm happy that there was no hidden message.

 

He was asked how a footballer would go about making the decision to choose a club, and he was clearly speaking in general terms.

 

What he was clear on was that he wants to feel that we are doing all we can to convince him to stay, and to "show that we are prepared to do anything" to keep him.

 

He said that this is "for me personally, an important point".

Bit arrogant, no?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fungus said:

Bit arrogant, no?

I suppose it depends on how you want to read into it.

 

Stevie G asked to leave for similar reasons. McManaman did leave for that very reason.

 

These are the 1% of the 1% in their chosen field.

 

I won't claim to know anything about what drives them, or what they value the most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, No2 said:

All I'm saying is Mo doesn't have the hand he thinks he does, if he thinks he's worth twice what Van Dijk is then he's in for a surprise. I'm not getting emotionally involved in any player when we're talking about the numbers we are here.  He's going to earn in a week what the average man earns in 10 years, I'm not going to bat for him so he make it 15 years. I just don't care enough about any player. Just get someone to replace him.

Same for Suarez and Torres, surely?

 

I'm not quite sure about what your point is. It's not your money, and what money the club have will be spent anyway, Mo or no Mo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fungus said:

Bit arrogant, no?

He's leveraging the importance he has and the love the fans have for him/the disdain a lot of fans have about the owners and he's doing it publicly multiple times. It's devious and few will pull him up on it, but fair play, he's in the position to do it. I just wish he'd not repeat it every month or so in a series of interviews. It's getting annoying. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×