Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Mohamed Salah

Recommended Posts

Always a wonderful idea by either party to play these things out in public with leaks when a compromise hasn’t yet been reached. Classy and dignified. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I think that Mo will sign a new contract, unless he is asking for ridiculous money. As overjoyed as I'll be, I'd be a bit concerned that FSG will look to sell on a few players and will put Mo out as the big signing of 2022 to the fans. 

 

I think our squad depth looks a lot better thanks to Elliott, Jones, Kelleher and Tsimikas, but we really need a bit of investment this summer. We won't always get lucky with lads like that being able to bulk up the squad because that's down to Jurgen and a world class coaching and scouting network.

 

I don't like FSG but they make more right than wrong decisions. The concern is that in the next few years say when Jurgen goes, their model won't be compatible with winning trophies, unless they change. I don't think they will thanks to the idiots at Uefa and the FA who have essentially allowed states to run football clubs. They like winning trophies sure they do, but they like running a sustainable business. 

 

The next 12 months will tell me a lot about where they are at. I mean I loved Gini who was a top class player who I wanted to stay, but Mo is the best player in the world. If we keep the band together and bring in say Bellingham for 100 million, that indicates they really mean business here rather than waiting to sell and spend as little up to that point when the golden goose appears.

Good post Ronnie lad.

 

I dont have issues with FSG. That's not to say I dont recognise when they get things wrong. They generally correct them and I find the argument that they make too many (mistakes) tedious.

 

I think Mo is the class of player you have to push the boat out for. I liked Gini but I just dont think he was in that class where you give them 'what they want.' Mo clearly is worth it.

 

Agents are always the worm in the negotiations. Has Mo said to him he wants to stay but only on condition that his weekly wedge begins with a '4' or set 350k a week as his target? Guess we wont know until it comes out in the wash.

 

Would I give Mo 400k or more a week? It's easy for me to say yeah. I can also see the club's view that he may warrant that for the next 2 years, maybe 3 but what about the 4th?

 

No one likes a pay cut but surely even top players have to recognise if they arent worth 400k a week in 4 years time, that could or should be a contractual condition?

 

On the flip side, the clubs Mo could go to in 2 years time seems somewhat limited. Would Real want him in 2 years never mind give him 400k a week? PSG, is he really going to want to play in a 1 club league (sorry Arnaud!)? I really cant see him going to another PL club. Newcastle in 2 years? Hmmm, still think it's doubtful.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

They're quoting Joyce as the source, yet he's not said anything on his own account yet.

It's probably from that old fashioned thing called a newspaper. I don't subscribe, so this is all I can see. 

 

 

Screenshot_20211023-130151.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

The trouble is with the idea of asking for stupid money, everyone's definition of that will be very different. To all of us and probably Mo too, this is an emotional choice as well as economical - this is not unreasonable, the sport is emotional, it's why we all love it so much. As fans we see a player we don't want to go, he's the best in the world. Mo isn't stupid, he knows his value outside the club, can see salaries others achieve elsewhere and has his own boss saying he's the best in the world.

 

It would seem very obvious where money is concerned, the last thing fsg are is emotional. Most of their most high profile fuck ups here are money driven, because they're greedy cunts. Perhaps I'm wrong and it's emotional to them too, milking every last cent is a badge of honour and their version of winning, but they're just playing a different sport. 

 

Mo has stepped it up in the past week. We've had these words. We had his very visible meeting with his agent (does anyone think it was an accident that ends up on the press?). And it wasn't very long ago his agent was chucking out tweets. He clearly is pushing to get it done. Perhaps his agent is pushing while his stock is highest.

 

The entire front 3's contracts are out at the end of next season. Surely this is the one we have to nail down and take a bit of a gamble on? I know they won't want to pay what he wants..they won't want to give that to a player of his age. But open your fucking eyes and watch the lad play and fuck the spreadsheets off for 5 minutes. 

Agree with all that.

 

Fsg will make a calculated choice for what is best for them. That normally ties in with what is best for us, but not always. 

 

I do think in Mo's case, they could make an exception to the rule because unlike Gini, who was a top class player to be fair, Mo is on a different level. Equally, they might sell him for a shitload and look to appease us with say Bellingham and another very good player and spin it that they are building the next great Liverpool team. The logical choice from my point of view as an emotional fan is to keep Mo and buy Bellinghan and some shit hot striker as well next summer. Who knows what they might do.

 

They aren't daft people though. They know selling Mo could bite them in the arse in terms of their golden goose of Champions League because as last season showed, an outstanding team can fall rapidly in the wrong set of circumstamces. They know that by winning trophies, they get better sponsorship let alone prize money. Mo is the best player in the world right now. He's worth it so hopefully they don't think of the spreadsheets.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Good post Ronnie lad.

 

I dont have issues with FSG. That's not to say I dont recognise when they get things wrong. They generally correct them and I find the argument that they make too many (mistakes) tedious.

 

I think Mo is the class of player you have to push the boat out for. I liked Gini but I just dont think he was in that class where you give them 'what they want.' Mo clearly is worth it.

 

Agents are always the worm in the negotiations. Has Mo said to him he wants to stay but only on condition that his weekly wedge begins with a '4' or set 350k a week as his target? Guess we wont know until it comes out in the wash.

 

Would I give Mo 400k or more a week? It's easy for me to say yeah. I can also see the club's view that he may warrant that for the next 2 years, maybe 3 but what about the 4th?

 

No one likes a pay cut but surely even top players have to recognise if they arent worth 400k a week in 4 years time, that could or should be a contractual condition?

 

On the flip side, the clubs Mo could go to in 2 years time seems somewhat limited. Would Real want him in 2 years never mind give him 400k a week? PSG, is he really going to want to play in a 1 club league (sorry Arnaud!)? I really cant see him going to another PL club. Newcastle in 2 years? Hmmm, still think it's doubtful.

 

Good post that Docker. 

 

One thing though about Mo - he is an absolute fitness fanatic so unless he is hit by a bad injury, hard to see him not being in top shape. Word is he is up at 5 or something doing yoga every morning.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to see him leave at all, but I'd accept it if we replaced him with someone like Mbappe, but you just know we'll sell him and replace him with no one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Boss said:

I don't want to see him leave at all, but I'd accept it if we replaced him with someone like Mbappe, but you just know we'll sell him and replace him with no one. 

What would cause you to think that? Remember how we got the best when suarez left? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FSG are probably already regretting the Hendo and Virgil extensions, so Mo will get the fall out from that.

 

He’ll be off to PSG at the end of the season when M’Bappe goes to Real Madrid, or Madrid if they can’t get M’Bappe.

 

There’ll be loads of leaks to the press about his agent demanding £500 grand a week and a 6 year contract that we just couldn’t match.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Failure to keep Mo would be an epic failure on behalf of FSG.  It just doesn't make sense on any level.  Footballing or Business. I very much doubt he'll get 400k a week but a compromise will surely be agreed. De Gea is on 300k+ at United & he's a fucking keeper.  Mo should be offered something similar & if he is I'm confident he would accept. 

 

Getting Mo to sign a new deal has to be a priority but investment is still needed in the squad. FSG need to step up and if they want to protect their 'investment' they need to start spending some fucking money. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

FSG are probably already regretting the Hendo and Virgil extensions, so Mo will get the fall out from that.

 

He’ll be off to PSG at the end of the season when M’Bappe goes to Real Madrid, or Madrid if they can’t get M’Bappe.

 

There’ll be loads of leaks to the press about his agent demanding £500 grand a week and a 6 year contract that we just couldn’t match.

I think you're right. They seemed coerced into extending Henderson because it would have sunk morale and Klopp really wanted it. van Dijk was risky because of his knee. I find it hard to believe they'll give Salah such a salary at this point. Unless they're coerced into doing it again. It's hard because I really don't think they want a 33-34 year old Salah on 400k per week, but not giving him that while he's hovering over world football playing the best football in his career sounds stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no way on earth we're paying him that kind of money, and personally I don't want us to. He's on a shitload of cash already, he's at the top of his game, and it's downhill now from here.

 

I'm sick of the wages in football anyway, ruined the fucking game, a family man or woman even on a decent wedge can rarely afford to go now the prices are that stupid, and all football agents should be fired in to the sun (Mino Raiola first)!

 

Love Mo, he's been amazing, but I think it's a fait accompli that he's gone next summer.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He'll get his 400k, only next summer.

 

And late in the summer too.

 

12 months on 200k a week = £10 million saved

 

That's how these cunts think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really though, it's genius from him to give that interview at this time and say he wants to stay when he's also playing so well. Absolutely everyone is one his side. PR masterclass 101. 

 

Unfortunately, it's also nonsense. This "I want to stay but it's up to the club" thing. Like no, if you want to stay so bad, you can sign a contract, stay at a top club with a top manager where you became a world wide sensation and earn a pretty big salary. But something tells me if a club that could offer him more money gave him a contract, he would consider it. And no harm to him, because everyone would blame the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

FSG are probably already regretting the Hendo and Virgil extensions, so Mo will get the fall out from that.

 

He’ll be off to PSG at the end of the season when M’Bappe goes to Real Madrid, or Madrid if they can’t get M’Bappe.

 

There’ll be loads of leaks to the press about his agent demanding £500 grand a week and a 6 year contract that we just couldn’t match.

Sorry but what evidence is there that anyone at the club is regretting Hendo and Virgil's contract extension?!

 

Personally, I think there's more chance of Mo ending up at Newcastle than PSG. And Id say even that chance is vanishingly small.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Sorry but what evidence is there that anyone at the club is regretting Hendo and Virgil's contract extension?!

 

Personally, I think there's more chance of Mo ending up at Newcastle than PSG. And Id say even that chance is vanishingly small.

I was on a conference call with John and Mike last Thursday.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, m0e said:

He'll get his 400k, only next summer.

 

And late in the summer too.

 

12 months on 200k a week = £10 million saved

 

That's how these cunts think.

Could be something in this. Why do it now when they could do it later. Saves a lot of money to do it next summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Freddo said:

Could be something in this. Why do it now when they could do it later. Saves a lot of money to do it next summer. 

Aye.

 

It also gives them a chance to trim the squad.

 

Milner's contract is up, Keita and Ox are surely done, with Phillips, Origi and Minamino almost certainly leaving too.

 

All that gives us Mo's payrise comfortably, plus room for 2 or 3 quality additions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Really though, it's genius from him to give that interview at this time and say he wants to stay when he's also playing so well. Absolutely everyone is one his side. PR masterclass 101. 

 

Unfortunately, it's also nonsense. This "I want to stay but it's up to the club" thing. Like no, if you want to stay so bad, you can sign a contract, stay at a top club with a top manager where you became a world wide sensation and earn a pretty big salary. But something tells me if a club that could offer him more money gave him a contract, he would consider it. And no harm to him, because everyone would blame the club. 

Who stays in their job when they're offered double to work elsewhere? Nobody is expecting us to be able to find a salary that's unachievable. Of course we need to get him near the top of the premier league pay league and if we don't, it's absolutely a club decision. It's not like he's some local lad with ties to the city or the club, he's already here because of the salary and platform the club gave him. Make no mistake, he wouldn't be here had we offered him less than he could have earnt at roma. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Freddo said:

Could be something in this. Why do it now when they could do it later. Saves a lot of money to do it next summer. 

Because salah's team will have a number financially they want to achieve by 2025 or whichever date they're aiming to. I think if we slip a year, their ask may we'll go up as he gets closer to a bosman. I don't think it's a simple plan to just sit tight till next summer. I'm convinced if this is not done within a few weeks of the next transfer window closing, he's off on a bosman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Who stays in their job when they're offered double to work elsewhere? Nobody is expecting us to be able to find a salary that's unachievable. Of course we need to get him near the top of the premier league pay league and if we don't, it's absolutely a club decision. It's not like he's some local lad with ties to the city or the club, he's already here because of the salary and platform the club gave him. Make no mistake, he wouldn't be here had we offered him less than he could have earnt at roma. 

I don't know, that's up to the person. But in football, when you have clubs like PSG and City who can offer unlimited means, it's a bit rich to ask for a salary that is at least 100k more than anyone at his current club earns but then say he wants to stay. Not exactly congruous. He knows we'd struggle to give him that.

 

He may think he deserves that but what that is is a signal to clubs like PSG. "Hey, come offer me this, the club I'm at doesn't give out this kind of money". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2021 at 12:59, 3 Stacks said:

I don't know, that's up to the person. But in football, when you have clubs like PSG and City who can offer unlimited means, it's a bit rich to ask for a salary that is at least 100k more than anyone at his current club earns. He may think he deserves that but what that is is a signal to clubs like PSG. "Hey, come offer me this, the club I'm at doesn't give out this kind of money". 

There's a club we're playing this afternoon who are not an oil club, are servicing aquisitional debt and pay an enormous dividend to shareholders who are probably bigger cunts than our overlords in Boston. They are managing to pay significant wages as we see below. We have most of our squad secured on long term deals aside from our "front 3" all on wages below what we can see there - with the posible exception ov vvd and Salah himself earning maybe more than rashford. If you don't think we can afford a 400k salary for one player who is a genuine world talent, probanly the best in the world right now, then you are kidding yourself. Of course we can afford it. If we don't, it's because we don't want to afford it. 

 

 

 

 Screenshot_20211024-130325.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×