Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Mohamed Salah

Recommended Posts

With 20 minutes left in his PL game number 151 for Liverpool, he has now scored 100 PL goals for the club.

 

Legend. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DJLJ said:

Great goal. The miss though 

Would not have been even a talking point had the defence not played like a bunch of drunks for all 3 of their goals.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

His century arrived in just 151 games, quicker than any other Reds player. 

Club legend Roger Hunt was the previous record-holder, having made 100 in 152 appearances, while fellow sharp-shooter Ian Rush needed 168 outings to reach the mark. 

He is also only one of four Liverpool players to have netted 100 times in the Premier League, alongside Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler and Steven Gerrard, and also entered the club's list of top 10 all-time scorers with this latest strike. 

 

 

https://www.goal.com/en/news/salah-makes-liverpool-history-with-100th-premier-league-goal/4rxgfp556htd1qbz1kllou269
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/09/2021 at 21:25, Code said:

 

 

 

His century arrived in just 151 games, quicker than any other Reds player. 

Club legend Roger Hunt was the previous record-holder, having made 100 in 152 appearances.

 

 

Bastard.

 

( Still waiting for a pundit to point out that the guys above him - Shearer Henry et al are all out and out strikers , but no luck so far )

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Bastard.

 

( Still waiting for a pundit to point out that the guys above him - Shearer Henry et al are all out and out strikers , but no luck so far )

Never mind mate he hasn't got a knighthood....oops!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit surprising this unless he didnt throw his hat in the ring. Jurgen announced the players voted for 3 more 'captaincy' players with Wijnaldum leaving and last season's injuries.

 

Mo didnt make the top 6. Players voted Hendo, Milner, van Dijk, Trent, Robbo and Alli.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Simon Hughes has said the club are not negotiating with him at the moment 

That’s not good news.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Simon Hughes has said the club are not negotiating with him at the moment 

Priorities - they're too busy trying to pacify Naby Keita and his contract demands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

It's gonna be hard to convince ourselves he "wasn't that good anyway" when he hands in a transfer request.

But how much are you supposed to pay players? Where will it stop? I imagine almost every first team player will now never have to work after football and most can look forward to wealthy retirements. There has to be a limit and maybe Salah is already at that limit? For once I'd agree with FSG if this is the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

But how much are you supposed to pay players? Where will it stop? I imagine almost every first team player will now never have to work after football and most can look forward to wealthy retirements. There has to be a limit and maybe Salah is already at that limit? For once I'd agree with FSG if this is the case.

I dont have a problem with players earning mega money. The way I see it, they're entertainers in a similar vein to pop stars and others. Why does there have to be a limit? He's selling his skills even if that does make him very, very rich.

 

Is Mo worth 500 grand a week? Not sure but compared to De Bruyne and others reputedly already on 350k+ a week, I think he's worth that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dockers_strike said:

I dont have a problem with players earning mega money. The way I see it, they're entertainers in a similar vein to pop stars and others. Why does there have to be a limit? He's selling his skills even if that does make him very, very rich.

 

Is Mo worth 500 grand a week? Not sure but compared to De Bruyne and others reputedly already on 350k+ a week, I think he's worth that.

Do you want owners such as Abramovich or human rites abusers at City and PSG as that's the only way you can do that nowadays? We have very rich owners and very rich players and I think they all have too much and it has to stop somewhere. I'd like to think it will happen soon. I dont disagree that top players should be paid well either but they are getting paid more than cardiac surgeons and some of the best paid medical minds in the world. Its just ludicrous and has to stop. And fans are the people who can do this yet want players paid more and more. It cant add up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't put him on 500k a week as it would decimate our wage structure and cost us 5x that over the next few years trying to keep up with other players. We don't have an infinite supplily of money. A healthy raise, yea sure. 500k a week is obscene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if it reliably comes out that he is looking for 400k a week and then puts in a transfer request, most folks will feel the same.

 

Lets face it, if he does that he only has a choice of a small handful of potential employers and they will decide his worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I dont have a problem with players earning mega money. The way I see it, they're entertainers in a similar vein to pop stars and others. Why does there have to be a limit? He's selling his skills even if that does make him very, very rich.

 

Is Mo worth 500 grand a week? Not sure but compared to De Bruyne and others reputedly already on 350k+ a week, I think he's worth that.

I'm not having a go at you mate but I didnt answer your question with De Bruyne's wages compared to Salah's. I'd say nobody is worth what De Bruyne's is paid and if FSG say 'no' to that demand then I say fair enough.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Do you want owners such as Abramovich or human rites abusers at City and PSG as that's the only way you can do that nowadays? We have very rich owners and very rich players and I think they all have too much and it has to stop somewhere. I'd like to think it will happen soon. I dont disagree that top players should be paid well either but they are getting paid more than cardiac surgeons and some of the best paid medical minds in the world. Its just ludicrous and has to stop. And fans are the people who can do this yet want players paid more and more. It cant add up.

Haha. My position on Abramovic and similar personally or nationally funding their club is well known and often stated on this site.

 

Abramovic and others model is to pay transfer fees of £100m+ and mega wages to multiple players including squad members by artificially pouring money into their clubs. That's my abhorence with their model rather than earning it (the money).

 

Our model has seen us win both the CL and PL in recent seasons despite the clamour by some to just spend, spend, spend on transfer fees.

 

Does our model mean we'll win the CL and PL almost every year like artificially funded city and chelsea? No, probably not and maybe only once every 5 or so years. You know what, I can live with that rather than be bellyaching, as some do, that we arent 'dominating' like the 2 afore mentioned clubs seem to.

 

Mo cost us £40m+ He's proven he's worth what he's asking. Our wage to turnover ratio is sustainable because we dont pay every 1st team squad member £350k a week or buy multiple players at £100m+ a pop. Our model is sustainable while income continues to rise. Once it's not sustainable, either wages will be trimmed or high transfer worth players will be sold.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'm not having a go at you mate but I didnt answer your question with De Bruyne's wages compared to Salah's. I'd say nobody is worth what De Bruyne's is paid and if FSG say 'no' to that demand then I say fair enough.

Aint having a go at you either but I think there's 2 distinct MO operated by us v Abramovic and Mansour.

 

They see artificially inflating transfer fees and wages as the way to go. Liverpool and their owners operate different and are roundly criticised by some because they dont inject their own cash.

 

Im ok with that. Im ok with players like Mo getting £350k+ a week so long as the club's model supports it.

 

The club decided Wijnaldum wasnt worth what he was asking for and let him move on. That's our model.

 

Even if the club offered Mo £400k a week and he turned that down, I wouldnt begrudge him after what he has brought to the club.

 

That's just the way I see it. Not everyone will though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Haha. My position on Abramovic and similar personally or nationally funding their club is well known and often stated on this site.

 

Abramovic and others model is to pay transfer fees of £100m+ and mega wages to multiple players including squad members by artificially pouring money into their clubs. That's my abhorence with their model rather than earning it (the money).

 

Our model has seen us win both the CL and PL in recent seasons despite the clamour by some to just spend, spend, spend on transfer fees.

 

Does our model mean we'll win the CL and PL almost every year like artificially funded city and chelsea? No, probably not and maybe only once every 5 or so years. You know what, I can live with that rather than be bellyaching, as some do, that we arent 'dominating' like the 2 afore mentioned clubs seem to.

 

Mo cost us £40m+ He's proven he's worth what he's asking. Our wage to turnover ratio is sustainable because we dont pay every 1st team squad member £350k a week or buy multiple players at £100m+ a pop. Our model is sustainable while income continues to rise. Once it's not sustainable, either wages will be trimmed or high transfer worth players will be sold.

 

 

 

Maybe Mo's demands will force him to be the high profile player to be sold as he's asking too much? I personally think that the earnings v wages is common sense but is abused so much it means very little. I think there has to be a structure and it has to be stuck too and if a player asks too much then he's not getting it whoever he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Aint having a go at you either but I think there's 2 distinct MO operated by us v Abramovic and Mansour.

 

They see artificially inflating transfer fees and wages as the way to go. Liverpool and their owners operate different and are roundly criticised by some because they dont inject their own cash.

 

Im ok with that. Im ok with players like Mo getting £350k+ a week so long as the club's model supports it.

 

Even if the club offered Mo £400k a week and he turned that down, I wouldnt begrudge him after what he has brought to the club.

 

That's just the way I see it. Not everyone will though.

Fair argument. But I will add that although Mo bangs the goals in like nobody's business,without VVD and Alisson and others,Mo's contribution would mean little. I mean,people love Fowler and he was a goal machine but during his prime we were so shit at the back that we won little more than a couple of trophies. Players come,players go but the club and fans stay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mo's been at Chelsea, he's knows what cunt clubs look like. We will offer him rates comparable to every other non cunt club in the world, if he doesn't like it then he knows what his options are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×