Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Mohamed Salah

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Haaland still has a lot to prove IMO. One thing doing it in the Bundesliga, have a look at Werner:

His record in the champions league is incredible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its amazing how long it's taken for the general consensus to be that he is irreplaceable.

 

Well done to all involved.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2021 at 22:09, aRdja said:

Muscle memory. Ever since I started supporting the club we’ve always moved on our best players; Macca, Owen, Xabi, Torres, Sterling, Suarez, Coutinho.

 

Gerrard the only exception and only just. 

They all wanted off bar Alonso.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aRdja said:

Haaland still has a lot to prove IMO. One thing doing it in the Bundesliga, have a look at Werner.

Southampton should get him then we can have a good look.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

I reckon we should keep our best players and maybe even add to them.

Yeah.

 

Should have never sold Keegan in order to buy Dalglish, huge mistake. There are zero circumstances in which it makes sense to sell your best players and to pretend otherwise is to admit you hate the Liverbird and everything it stands for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I love Mo and appreciate how important he is for us but if Dortmund offered a straight swap for Haaland right now I'd rip their arm off. 

Can see that point. Haaland is a machine and is a great age.

 

I do think Mo will be world class for another 5 years. He loves his craft and clearly takes great care of himself. Right now, he's the best player in the world. Haaland looks like he can get to that level, but not sure he'll be Mo's level for another while. Different players to be fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mark M said:

His record in the champions league is incredible.

If he hasn't scored against Norwich or Burnley he might as well be playing another sport. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, m0e said:

Its amazing how long it's taken for the general consensus to be that he is irreplaceable.

 

Well done to all involved.


I always thought that between Mane and Salah, Mane would be the more difficult to replace. 

 

IMO, apart from sticking the ball in the back of the net (which is obviously a fantastic attribute to have), I didn’t think he would influence the games enough. 
 

You can say “Scoring is influencing”, which I totally agree with. 
 

When I think of how Mane buzzed round looking for the ball to try and force issues, Mo would be looking to finish them. 
 

Again, nothing wrong with that, but my personal preference (and that’s all it would be) would be he was a bit more like Mane in a creative sense and working harder. 
 

Again, I’m not saying Mo didn’t work hard and didn’t create, I just thought Mane did it more.

 

As a result, previously, if I was asked to chose between the two, I’d have said Mane.

 

While I think stories of Mane’s demise have been greatly exaggerated, I do think Mo looks to have stepped up another couple of levels. IMO, he’s working harder and being more selfless, while retaining that ruthless streak in front of goal.

 

IMO, this is his best all round for us and long may it continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Can see that point. Haaland is a machine and is a great age.

 

I do think Mo will be world class for another 5 years. He loves his craft and clearly takes great care of himself. Right now, he's the best player in the world. Haaland looks like he can get to that level, but not sure he'll be Mo's level for another while. Different players to be fair.


Him and Mane obviously both take fantastic care of themselves.

 

While we should be looking at replacements long term, I still think there is significant mileage left in the pair of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Yeah.

 

Should have never sold Keegan in order to buy Dalglish, huge mistake. There are zero circumstances in which it makes sense to sell your best players and to pretend otherwise is to admit you hate the Liverbird and everything it stands for.

That’s a bit of an ott response to what I posted isn’t it? Fucking hell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, aRdja said:

Haaland still has a lot to prove IMO. One thing doing it in the Bundesliga, have a look at Werner.

I know what you're saying mate but you can just tell with Haaland. He's a beast. God I wish we got him instead of Minamino. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Scott_M said:


Him and Mane obviously both take fantastic care of themselves.

 

While we should be looking at replacements long term, I still think there is significant mileage left in the pair of them. 

Yeah they really do don't they. Sadio's form is picking up again which is great. Both are great pros and seem popular in the dressing room. With new players like Haaland, I guess we won't know until they're here whether they are sound or up their own arse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Yeah they really do don't they. Sadio's form is picking up again which is great. Both are great pros and seem popular in the dressing room. With new players like Haaland, I guess we won't know until they're here whether they are sound or up their own arse.

He's probably sound but I wouldn't be able to look at his face while he's talking to me 

 

a-goomba-from-the-film-or-as-we-like-to-

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haaland is obviously great but we have no shot at him with his agent being who he is and also with the fact that he'd be a departure from our current tactical plan of versatile attackers. Not that this would be inherently bad, but it would switch up the formation and roles of other attackers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Too many of our fans have been brainwashed into going far beyond "wanting new players" and insist on demanding the most expensive players in the world, as if that's the only (or even the best) way to succeed. All this talk of Haaland and Mbappe, etc, is such horseshit. 

Does anyone really believe we're after those players? I don't see anyone suggesting sell Salah to buy these guys. I see them suggesting sell Salah to buy the random players like Sarr and bassouma we're always linked with, with the idea we might get a 2 or 3 for 1. The only ones who mention the likes of mbappe are the fsg flag waving dickheads who go "we're keeping our powder dry for a big one next summer"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Yeah.

 

Should have never sold Keegan in order to buy Dalglish, huge mistake. There are zero circumstances in which it makes sense to sell your best players and to pretend otherwise is to admit you hate the Liverbird and everything it stands for.

 

12 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

They all wanted off bar Alonso.

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Does anyone really believe we're after those players? I don't see anyone suggesting sell Salah to buy these guys. 

I take it you're not on Twitter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×