Quantcast
Mohamed Salah - Page 233 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Mohamed Salah

Another game, another goal.

Rememeber when people wanted to sell Salah and argued that Mane was the better player. 

Those were the days. 

4D7F7DC1-9A3E-4A68-B724-D5A452FAF53F.jpeg

• Upvote 2

To produce the kind of numbers Owen and Torres did for us in their pomp - four seasons in a row - really is pretty special. I'd be gutted if he went in the summer, he's a fucking brilliant player.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Wouldn’t blame him for moving, character assassinated as the biggest cheat in the game by the cockney / manc media plus a portion of our fan base who seem completely non-plussed by him. Pound for pound has to be one of our best ever buys.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Code said:

Rememeber when people wanted to sell Salah and argued that Mane was the better player. 

Those were the days. 

It was a complete and utter, Boris Johnson level aberration of a notion when they were both firing on all cylinders, now it should be a bannable offence. If he leaves in the summer and we fail to sign either Mbappe or Haaland it will have been a disastrous window regardless of what else happens. 

Every fucking bit as pivotal to our success over the two and a half seasons prior to this one as Van Dijk.

On 10/04/2021 at 20:54, Code said:

Those were the days. 

I admit I was one of them. I admit now I was wrong but when they are both in form there isn’t a lot between the two. 
I suppose Salah’s consistency has been incredible in comparison, which is absolutely massive. But opinions change quickly, and fans forget quickly too. Mane and Firminio in form were unbelievable but it’s hard to remember until you watch the old matches, particularly when overwhelmed with disappointment by how they played recently.

Although as I say, I see now Salah is the one.

Mo Salah is a great player. He is turning 30 soon and if we have to sell, now is the right time. For 150 million we could do a massive squad rebuild and improve the team. Who ever thought  Salah would develop into such a great player? There are hundreds out there, don't weep. And don't ask who, because you wouldn't know. 

7 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'd like him to go.  

I dunno, I'm a massive cock, but I embrace the merry-go-round, you can't fight it. 

But just think that with Kane and Mbappe likely to move it will prove unlikely a big bidder will emerge. 

PSG will need a replacement. 

47 minutes ago, therevivalist said:

Mo Salah is a great player. He is turning 30 soon and if we have to sell, now is the right time. For 150 million we could do a massive squad rebuild and improve the team. Who ever thought  Salah would develop into such a great player? There are hundreds out there, don't weep. And don't ask who, because you wouldn't know. 

How about we let him turn 29 first?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, therevivalist said:

Who's paying 150m for him? Nobody can afford haaland and he's at the start of his career and not "the end" as you would seem to think. We've got a player who's smashing all the records there's ever been at anfield. The lad is 28. The lad is fit as anyone in football and virtually never gets injured. He'll have a career as long as Ronaldo. 

On 10/04/2021 at 20:54, Code said:

Those were the days. 

Some fans still want to sell him. It's fucking astonishing. One of the few bright spots of this abomination of a season. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think he'll sign a new contract at some point. Not exactly an old man is he and his numbers and consistency are incredible. I also think he'd want to stay. 

I’m not sure Moneyball considerations are enough justification to get rid of our best player this season. 

Another major factor with Salah is that, assault on the pitch aside, he doesn’t seem to pick up knocks.