Quantcast
Mohamed Salah - Page 230 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Mohamed Salah

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I’ve posted this in a match thread but I think there’s bad blood between him and Sadio. Watch the goal celebrations, they barely acknowledge each other. This can’t be helping. 

Interesting to see how some of our fans have turned professional body language experts. It is rare to for anyone to be great mates with every single colleague at work. People just continue to look for every bit of nonsense to fan the flames. You want them kissing or what? There were other players who celebrated that goal with Salah with barely a little pat on the back too. And there are times when both have celebrated with each other in a more enthusiastic fashion.

 

In the same game, both players combined well as they very often do. Salah played a brilliant reverse pass to Mane which only didn't result in a goal because of poor control. They might not be best of mates but they still function well together. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Halcyon Days said:

Put Klopp in charge of Suarez and we’d have won the league. Love Mo but pound for pound Suarez is the best player I’ve seen in red shirt.

 

Image result for john barnes

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Halcyon Days said:

Yep even better than Barnes.

Nah. Barnes was unreal, absolutely unplayable for three seasons and didn't have to resort to any underhand tactics. He also had to put up with a lot more on and off the pitch than Suarez ever did. I'm aware that shouldn't impact their ability as a player, but it's hard to look beyond some of Suarez antics when it comes down to thinking of who is the best ever player we've had. 

 

If it's down to just ability then it's a definitely a close run thing, but there's a lot more to it than that in being thought of as the best ever.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Nah. Barnes was unreal, absolutely unplayable for three seasons and didn't have to resort to any underhand tactics. He also had to put up with a lot more on and off the pitch than Suarez ever did. I'm aware that shouldn't impact their ability as a player, but it's hard to look beyond some of Suarez antics when it comes down to thinking of who is the best ever player we've had. 

 

If it's down to just ability then it's a definitely a close run thing, but there's a lot more to it than that in being thought of as the best ever.

Yeah it’s close, Barnes is a great man a legend but when it comes down to durability, raw skill and absolute will to win it has to be the one man army that Luis was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are loads that have done more for the club, obviously, but Suarez was a better footballer than all of them.

 

He's arguably the best footballer to have ever played professional football in England.

 

Imagine if he'd been quick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

There are loads that have done more for the club, obviously, but Suarez was a better footballer than all of them.

 

He's arguably the best footballer to have ever played professional football in England.

 

Imagine if he'd been quick.

Better than Ronaldo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Better than Ronaldo?

He's the one I was thinking of when I wrote that.

 

I think he was a better player in his time in the UK than Ronaldo was when he was here. Ronaldo improved a lot at Real Madrid.

 

Also, having Tevez and Rooney doing all the donkey work, as well as providing phenomenal service, was leagues ahead of anything Suarez had. Even when we did actually have a good team and he wasn't playing upfront with a 12 year old Sterling and 13 year old Suso.

 

That United side of 2008/2009 was fucking brilliant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

I reckon Suarez is a better footballer, but Ronaldo's freak athletic ability more than makes up for any deficit in talent (not that there's much).

Agreed, but that freak athletic ability was at its peak between about 27 and 31/32 at Real Madrid. Absurd speed, strength, and jumping ability. Football has never seen anything like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

There are loads that have done more for the club, obviously, but Suarez was a better footballer than all of them.

 

He's arguably the best footballer to have ever played professional football in England.

 

Imagine if he'd been quick.


But he wasnt and he scored a lot less goals and get fewer assists than Salah do, even if Salah is a winger and Suarez a striker. 

Salah vs Suarez for Liverpool

 

Salah:

A3341452-7CC8-42B4-A7AE-F2A3AB82EC01.jpeg

 

Suarez:

8B7B212A-2CEB-41A9-9488-CDBB5B1523F2.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Did someone say Liverpool's best pound for pound signing?

 

£33,000. £50 a week salary.

 

Three leagues, a European cup, two UEFA cups and an FA cup. 

 

image.png

 

 

And then funded the signing of Kenny leaving a 57k profit.

 

Moneyballing before those Boston fucks had even heard of it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Code said:


But he wasnt and he scored a lot less goals and get fewer assists than Salah do, even if Salah is a winger and Suarez a striker. 

Salah vs Suarez for Liverpool

 

Salah:

A3341452-7CC8-42B4-A7AE-F2A3AB82EC01.jpeg

 

Suarez:

8B7B212A-2CEB-41A9-9488-CDBB5B1523F2.jpeg

 

Suarez was twice the player Salah is. And he didn't need penalties to get those numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suarez was banned at least 3 times for playing for Liverpool and missed 12 games for his world cup bite, 10 for biting Ivanovic and 8 was it for his run in with evra. That's 30 games, 8 shy of a full PL season. Fantastic player but a liability.

 

So no, overall his worth as a player isnt better than Mo. In my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

 

Suarez was twice the player Salah is. And he didn't need penalties to get those numbers.

Yes, but presumably you don't watch football through the prism of Microsoft Excel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/02/2021 at 09:50, Supremolad said:

Interesting to see how some of our fans have turned professional body language experts. It is rare to for anyone to be great mates with every single colleague at work. People just continue to look for every bit of nonsense to fan the flames. You want them kissing or what? There were other players who celebrated that goal with Salah with barely a little pat on the back too. And there are times when both have celebrated with each other in a more enthusiastic fashion.

 

In the same game, both players combined well as they very often do. Salah played a brilliant reverse pass to Mane which only didn't result in a goal because of poor control. They might not be best of mates but they still function well together. 

The players are being told to keep the celebrations tuned down because of covid. Loads of goals aren't being celebrated and loads of players have talked about the impact of VAR is holding them back on celebrating. I don't know why people worry too much about all this kind of thing. 

 

And as you rightly point out, we have all worked with fellas we're not that keen on anyway. It doesn't stop any of us doing the job or even make us think about changing job. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/02/2021 at 16:43, johnsusername said:

Did someone say Liverpool's best pound for pound signing?

 

£33,000. £50 a week salary.

 

Three leagues, a European cup, two UEFA cups and an FA cup. 

 

image.png

 

And a cheeky little record sell on fee 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

The players are being told to keep the celebrations tuned down because of covid. Loads of goals aren't being celebrated and loads of players have talked about the impact of VAR is holding them back on celebrating. I don't know why people worry too much about all this kind of thing. 

 

And as you rightly point out, we have all worked with fellas we're not that keen on anyway. It doesn't stop any of us doing the job or even make us think about changing job. 

Great to see us making sure we

dont breach the coronavirus guidelines by stopping scoring altogether. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Code sit down before reading on.

 

Salah has been fucking shit, shit against Everton, shit against Brighton, shit against Utd, shit against Burnley and WBA, shit against City. He's been as bad as the others bar West Ham when he played well. He was good at Spurs too but so where the others. At least Manè is involved and working hard when he's shit, Bobby is kicking the ground before shooting but its still more than Salah on his shit days. Salah is just hatching waiting to bump up his numbers. He should be played as a center forward because he's not putting the work in for a winger and is damaging the rest of the side.

 

By shit I mean I had to check the Burnley and WBA team sheets to confirm if he even played, Brighton would have the same but for the early miss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, No2 said:

@Code sit down before reading on.

 

Salah has been fucking shit, shit against Everton, shit against Brighton, shit against Utd, shit against Burnley and WBA, shit against City. He's been as bad as the others bar West Ham when he played well. He was good at Spurs too but so where the others. At least Manè is involved and working hard when he's shit, Bobby is kicking the ground before shooting but its still more than Salah on his shit days. Salah is just hatching waiting to bump up his numbers. He should be played as a center forward because he's not putting the work in for a winger and is damaging the rest of the side.

 

By shit I mean I had to check the Burnley and WBA team sheets to confirm if he even played, Brighton would have the same but for the early miss.

Sadio involved and working hard when he's been shit but Mo's been shit, despite scoring goals?! Dont think so mate. Sadio's been stinking the gaff out as much as Bobby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mane is more involved and tries hard, but doesn't have the quality to make things happen on his own. Salah can be more transparent, but can score goals out of nothing. That's the tale of their seasons. Right now, you'd rather have Salah any day, to be honest. We'd be in the bottom half of the table without him. 

 

Rashford scored a goal yesterday where he dribbled past two players and lashed it in after cutting inside. When's the last time Mane did that? We need those types of goals and moments of individual brilliance because we're shit at the moment. Salah at least gives us that possibility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • It was the gimp, I think. 
    • They’re really milking this deal. 
    • I know there’s no time for two club cunts on here but Sporting just need 4 points to clinch the Premeira. Three years ago they were known as the worst run club in world football, when their president paid supporters to attack players at the training ground. Just goes to show anything is possible and you are never as far away as you think. All done on a shoestring budget, with a rookie manager and a bunch of punk kids. Big Seb Coates finally came good.
    • The irony is that almost every other club would kill to be in the position that City and Chelsea are in.
      Everton would be top of that list, yet proudly spout about how they “called out” the breakaway six and spoke for every other club when they called for sanctions against them. The purpose of those sanctions were to allow themselves to be bumped into a position where they could “qualify” for a European place that they hadn’t actually earned as much as anything else and to claim differently is basically a lie.
      West Ham, Brighton and Crystal Palace, with rent-a-quote chairman Steve Parrish, again pontificating about how these teams should be brought to book, yet wanting to null and void last season to protect themselves against possible relegation whilst saying it was morally wrong to play on given lives were being lost. They refuse to see that in applauding City and Chelsea for breaking away, and back into the Premier League, all that is guaranteeing is they strengthen those clubs with Oligarchs or Oil States as owners to continue dominating every competition they are in, effectively taking the competitiveness away from those very same competitions!
      The ESL wasn’t handled very well in its timing or proposed implementation, but the general idea that it would possibly limit the massive money teams and allow others to challenge them was a sound one, but the blinkers were on from the time the announcement was made and the “little 14”, as opposed to the “big 6”, basically decided to hold onto what they had rather than what they might have had. It won’t go away though and they must know that, even if the current voting regulations in the Premier League give them the whip hand, and effectively a veto, for anything the top teams might want to bring in. A quick look at who has won the major prizes in European competition and domestic leagues over the past few seasons will show them why the current system needs changes to be made. They’re all hypocrites though, and will bury their collective heads in the sand while the really big boys dry bum them.
    • Talk that we have agreed terms with Konate
  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Contributors

  • top casino sites
  • new UK casino
×