You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm sure someone said that wedding was a few months back but if thats recent and he has got Covid then its his fault and the club need to fine the fuck out of him as a result. 

Imagine getting paid thousands of pounds a day to stay fit and play a match twice a week then you let yourself get injured/ill by being a fucking moron. 

His brother's wedding was 3 days ago. Im no expert but I thought it took at least 5 days after contact with any infected persons to return a positive test.

He could quite as easily picked it up in Liverpool.

8 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Still shaking my head that all the clubs in Europe havent kicked off (no pun intended) over FIFA insistance that international football goes on and players must be released during this pandemic.

Is it that much different to the Champions League games?

I know there are more players and they are going further afield, which obviously increases risk, but how much more dramatic is the risk? 

We’ve got to go to Denmark soon, which isn’t great. New Zealand refused to come here. Swings and roundabouts. 

Just now, Scott_M said:

Is it that much different to the Champions League games?

I know there are more players and they are going further afield, which obviously increases risk, how much more dramatic is the risk? 

We’ve got to go to Denmark soon, which isn’t great. New Zealand refused to come here. Swings and roundabouts. 

In some way it is and some it isnt. Most of Europe has good covid protocols. No disrespect to places in Africa and the rest of the World, but can we be sure theirs are? Also, the CL and EL dont see players scattered all over the globe.

To be frank, Im even surprised the CL and EL are going ahead.

8 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

In some way it is and some it isnt. Most of Europe has good covid protocols. No disrespect to places in Africa and the rest of the World, but can we be sure theirs are? Also, the CL and EL dont see players scattered all over the globe.

No, I get what your saying. Statistically, the UK has the worst death toll in Europe. The North West is currently one of the worst infected areas. 

I fully realise that our MI will most likely be better than African / Asian / South American countries but we can’t blame the rest of the world when, from what we know, the UK is one of the worst places to be. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

His brother's wedding was 3 days ago. Im no expert but I thought it took at least 5 days after contact with any infected persons to return a positive test.

He could quite as easily picked it up in Liverpool.

True but still why is he dancing around singing without even a mask on? 

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

There's places in Africa that have much better covid protocols - and much much lower rates of transmission - than the UK does. Ghana, for example, has had 320 covid deaths total.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Leicester going back 24 hours must help Salah.

Although Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday morning isn’t helpful in general. 

If he had no symptoms then he has to isolate for 10 days from test date....i think??

If so no way he plays v Leicester.

If a 2nd test returns negative, he's in the clear, just like Shaq. The first test is usually that quicker one that is less reliable. The 2nd test is a different protocol and more accurate, if the Egyptian FA are using it.

Not sure Id rule him out of Leicester just yet and would think Liverpool would re test him when he returns but clutching at straws all the same.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, an tha said:

If he had no symptoms then he has to isolate for 10 days from test date....i think??

If so no way he plays v Leicester.

Assuming the test was yesterday (which I get it might have been today), 10 days is the day of the Leicester game. 

If he does play v Leicester, it’ll be on back of zero training for 2+ weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Assuming the test was yesterday (which I get it might have been today), 10 days is the day of the Leicester game. 

If he does play v Leicester, it’ll be on back of zero training for 2+ weeks. 

That zero training is why he won't play, Klopp pretty much operates a no training no playing method doesn't he.... plus he wouldn't be able to leave egypt until that day anyway would he?

If he has it he is out of Leicester and Atalanta will be touch and go.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

That zero training is why he won't play, Klopp pretty much operates a no training no playing method doesn't he.... plus he wouldn't be able to leave egypt until that day anyway would he?

If he has it he is out of Leicester and Atalanta will be touch and go.

If he’s medically cleared for Leicester (ie virus free) he’ll play the majority of the match.

IMO, the only blocker will be virus clearance. 

7 minutes ago, niallers said:

If he's got it and is forced to double quarantine, 10 days there and 14in England, which is a slight possibility, we should tell all the relevant fa's to fuck off, our players aren't going anywhere in future 

He's got it