You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

I wholeheartedly endorse signing that Samedi chap who Soton wanted to replace VVD. Spite is the way forward.

Plus if the thing about Tadic having a 13m release clause is true, do that one as well.

Then loan him out to Portsmouth for six months just to piss them off even more, before selling him in the January window for a 10m profit.  I reckon all of that would be just about enough to ensure that bridge is burned forever more and we can never again buy one of their players.

Plus if the thing about Tadic having a 13m release clause is true, do that one as well.

Then loan him out to Portsmouth for six months just to piss them off even more, before selling him in the January window for a 10m profit.  I reckon all of that would be just about enough to ensure that bridge is burned forever more and we can never again buy one of their players.

I'd rather make decisions that actually improve our team and club rather than decisions designed to piss other clubs and their fans off.

• Upvote 1

42 goals conceded so we're slowly improving. We never replaced Sami but it took us about 10 years to replace hansen with sami. Maybe we have him in matip. Mignolet is our keeper like it or not.

There is no upgrade on Mignolet coming this window I agree, Had we splashed out last summer and bought a top keeper then last season would have been significantly better I think most would agree, I have very little doubt the same will be said next summer . And on it goes

Just a general comment on FSG - I agree that we need a big summer here. I think it's fair to say they need to show us more.

I'm a fair minded fella (most unfair people would say this of themselves I suppose!) so I've been reluctant to pile in on the owners along the way. For me they've been OK. However...

We have Klopp and we have finished top four. There are six good teams who will all expect to finish top four next season and they will all invest heavily this summer. We have not invested into the team and squad very much the last couple of years. I can just about go along with that if the intention was to put it all into the league and get top four, before adding more quality so we can fight on multiple fronts.

So, this summer will tell us a great deal. We have a good team, but hardly any depth. This summer will tell us if FSG are content to keep us ticking over, or if they want to take it further than that.

• Upvote 4

Just a general comment on FSG - I agree that we need a big summer here. I think it's fair to say they need to show us more.

I'm a fair minded fella (most unfair people would say this of themselves I suppose!) so I've been reluctant to pile in on the owners along the way. For me they've been OK. However...

We have Klopp and we have finished top four. There are six good teams who will all expect to finish top four next season and they will all invest heavily this summer. We have not invested into the team and squad very much the last couple of years. I can just about go along with that if the intention was to put it all into the league and get top four, before adding more quality so we can fight on multiple fronts.

So, this summer will tell us a great deal. We have a good team, but hardly any depth. This summer will tell us if FSG are content to keep us ticking over, or if they want to take it further than that.

Good post, and I totally agree that if, at the end of the summer, we haven't made major purchases (more than one) to fix some of the holes in our squad, then FSG should come in for major criticism.

What I don't understand is how people have reacted so strongly despite still having over a month to go until pre-season starts.

It seems like the only way they could go about keeping the fans onside would be to buy all of our targets by the end of May.  "Just pay the money and get it done," you hear people say, despite them knowing deep down that it's totally unrealistic.  We can "pay the money and get it done" on Salah, but then there aren't funds left to get Keita and a left back and whoever the VVD replacement is.

After the last few windows I'm suspicious of FSG and if we get to September and we're looking at 10-20m options for crucial positions, then I'm going to let them have it.  But until then I'm going to give them a chance.  At least the players we're being seriously linked with are genuinely excellent, it's not the Luis Alberto and Tiago Ilori-style long shots of past years.

Good post, and I totally agree that if, at the end of the summer, we haven't made major purchases (more than one) to fix some of the holes in our squad, then FSG should come in for major criticism.

What I don't understand is how people have reacted so strongly despite still having over a month to go until pre-season starts.

It seems like the only way they could go about keeping the fans onside would be to buy all of our targets by the end of May.  "Just pay the money and get it done," you hear people say, despite them knowing deep down that it's totally unrealistic.  We can "pay the money and get it done" on Salah, but then there aren't funds left to get Keita and a left back and whoever the VVD replacement is.

After the last few windows I'm suspicious of FSG and if we get to September and we're looking at 10-20m options for crucial positions, then I'm going to let them have it.  But until then I'm going to give them a chance.  At least the players we're being seriously linked with are genuinely excellent, it's not the Luis Alberto and Tiago Ilori-style long shots of past years.

People are reacting as they are because some nobheaded geek at the club fucked up the club's biggest transfer if only in monetary terms never mind playing staff. Then we have the manager saying the owners hav never told him this or that player is too expensive, yet we are all still waiting for the salah deal to go through because the same owners wont sanction the deal at or closer to what Roma want.

It's a good job no other club look interested in salah because batshit pound to a penny, they'd have done the deal under our noses.

To compound that, the club is supposedly looking at Martins from sporting as an alternative to salah yet this lad has a 60m euro buy out clause, some 20m more than Roma want for salah. Someone tell me where's the logic in that?

Maybe Klopp fueled my expectations too much by saying the hard work with the transfers was all done. He obviously didnt mean LFC's negotiations with the selling clubs, did he?

• Upvote 1

Ha I forgot about Klopp saying all the hard work had been done, the cheeky little bastard.

It's not a knee jerk reaction specifically aimed at this transfer window. People are reacting to year upon year or farce and fuck ups under FSG. Hysterical Vaginas or not its not a completely unwarranted reaction by the fans.

• Upvote 4

Ha I forgot about Klopp saying all the hard work had been done, the cheeky little bastard.

It's not a knee jerk reaction specifically aimed at this transfer window. People are reacting to year upon year or farce and fuck ups under FSG. Hysterical Vaginas or not its not a completely unwarranted reaction by the fans.

No its not especially when we are winning fuck all and Spurs have sprinted past us in the pecking order,

He also said he wished the transfer window was over before it started. Maybe he knew how it was gonna go.

• Upvote 1