You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

The entire attack is less good than last season, we've gone from 90 goals to 40-50 (the commentator mentioned it last night). 

Ehh?

We have scored 75 goals in the league so far - the greatest team on turf has 83.

Last year we scored 84 in the league, on pace to equal or better that.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Fucking teachers pet. 

My favourite part of last night apart from the goals was Mo tracking back to left-back to win the ball off a corner. 

That was absolutely boss. I cheered that like I would a goal 

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Ehh?

We have scored 75 goals in the league so far - the greatest team on turf has 83.

Last year we scored 84 in the league, on pace to equal or better that.

Salah, Mane and Firmino scored 55 PL goals last season.

This season they have scored 47 PL goals.

We still have 5 games left.

Last season they had 24 assists, Salah 10, Firmino 7 and Mane 7.

This season they have 14 assists, Salah 7, Firmino 6 and Mane 1.

I'm telling you, Mane must be pissed off with Salah for not creating stuff for him and the others.

Last season Mane assisted Salah with 6 goals and the Ox assisted Salah with 5 goals, Firmino got 3.

This season Firmino has assisted Salah with 3 goals and Mane has assisted Salah with 1 goal.

So maybe someone should put forward the theory that if Mane actually managed to set up Salah a bit more and the Ox had not been injured, Salah would be close to last seasons numbers in the league.

I've seen worse theories on here.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Code said:

Last season Mane assisted Salah with 6 goals and the Ox assisted Salah with 5 goals, Firmino got 3.

This season Firmino has assisted Salah with 3 goals and Mane has assisted Salah with 1 goal.

So maybe someone should put forward the theory that if Mane actually managed to set up Salah a bit more and the Ox had not been injured, Salah would be close to last seasons numbers in the league.

I won’t argue that there isn’t an Ox-shaped hole in our midfield, no...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Code said:

How about using your eyes instead of some spreadsheet you found on the internet you fucking clown?

Salah has won quite a few penalties this year which are classed as assists aren’t they.  Even that weak header that Lloris and Alderweireld managed to bundle into their own net is down as an assist.  He’s only down as having 9 this season and only 1 of those is in 2019.  It sort of puts the whole of your argument in a state really doesn’t it.  It’s gone from him not passing the ball to people in crucial moments of games and us getting lucky to just not passing the ball until it becomes the only option available and he’s somehow still in control of the ball at any point he’s in the final third.

The theory that Mané has stopped passing to Salah because Salah never passes to Mane because Salah is a greedy cuntis backed up by his assist stats falling through the floor as well but I’m not going to use that stat because you like everyone else can just see it with your own eyes.

• Downvote 1

10 assists, with 2 in 2019.  You've missed out the CL.  Also he only had one league assist in the last couple of months of last season as well (8 in 2018 all comps, so a clear disparity there - but he's undeniably had a run of bad form during that time).  Still I'd question "fallen through the floor" when we're ultimately talking about samples of 16 and 10.

I think both Mane and Salah have shot when the right decision would have been a pass at times, but I'd strongly disagree with anyone calling either of them a "greedy cunt" over it. 

3 minutes ago, Pidge said:

10 assists, with 2 in 2019.  You've missed out the CL.  Also he only had one league assist in the last couple of months of last season as well (8 in 2018 all comps, so a clear disparity there - but he's undeniably had a run of bad form during that time).  Still I'd question "fallen through the floor" when we're ultimately talking about samples of 16 and 10.

I think both Mane and Salah have shot when the right decision would have been a pass at times, but I'd strongly disagree with anyone calling either of them a "greedy cunt" over it. 

My point was that stats are a fucking nonsense, especially when you’re clearly handpicking shit to defend your position.  Anyone can do it as I proved.  It’s meant you’ve had to go out and find some stats to nonsense my stats.  Although you conveniently ignored the point about assist stats not necessarily meaning he’s passing the ball at all as they count for fouls and own goals as well.  And originally the point that was being discussed was Salah not passing the ball.

Use your own eyes and make a decision or opinion based on that.  In my opinion Mane’s first thought isn’t always a greedy cunt thought.  He played Salah in the other week in an exact situation Mo has completely ignored him on countless occasions.  Salah went on to miss with a shit finish.  Mane has had runs of being greedy himself and did it last season and he was rightly called out for it.  Personally I think he didn’t make those greedy decisions intentionally and you could see it in the following games when he started passing it when he should have shot.  That’s never happened with Mo.  He hasn’t blinked when it’s been pointed out he should have passed because game in game out he is carrying on doing it.

Once again though this point is fuck all to do with assists.  As a better example Mane scored a header the other week from a Mo cross against Bayern I think it was.  The cross came because he literally didn’t have another option.  That isn’t suddenly meaning he’s not greedy but in the eyes of idiots who don’t understand football and just look at spreadsheets at the end of a game it confirms what a great team player Salah is.  It’s fucking stupid and should be called out for what it is.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Grinch said:

What a daft cunt.   His first reaction to Mo's goal against Southampton was "greedy bastard"   Which tells you all you need to know. 

It was a joke you silly twat.  You’re like an Everton fan.  You’re now remembering one line posts from about 2 weeks ago.  I’m living in your head permanently rent free.

6 minutes ago, The Guest said:

It was a joke you silly twat.  You’re like an Everton fan.  You’re now remembering one line posts from about 2 weeks ago.  I’m living in your head permanently rent free.

Of course it was, you must be joking now too you're talking so much bollocks. 

But we both know it's cause one of the best players in the league has put your nose out of joint by becoming the fastest in history to 50 league goals for the club.   You were wrong, deal with it. 

28 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Of course it was, you must be joking now too you're talking so much bollocks. 

But we both know it's cause one of the best players in the league has put your nose out of joint by becoming the fastest in history to 50 league goals for the club.   You were wrong, deal with it. 

What are you on about you fucking lunatic?

7 minutes ago, The Guest said:

My point was that stats are a fucking nonsense, especially when you’re clearly handpicking shit to defend your position.  Anyone can do it as I proved.  It’s meant you’ve had to go out and find some stats to nonsense my stats.  Although you conveniently ignored the point about assist stats not necessarily meaning he’s passing the ball at all as they count for fouls and own goals as well.  And originally the point that was being discussed was Salah not passing the ball.

Use your own eyes and make a decision or opinion based on that.  In my opinion Mane’s first thought isn’t always a greedy cunt thought.  He played Salah in the other week in an exact situation Mo has completely ignored him on countless occasions.  Salah went on to miss with a shit finish.  Mane has had runs of being greedy himself and did it last season and he was rightly called out for it.  Personally I think he didn’t make those greedy decisions intentionally and you could see it in the following games when he started passing it when he should have shot.  That’s never happened with Mo.  He hasn’t blinked when it’s been pointed out he should have passed because game in game out he is carrying on doing it.

Once again though this point is fuck all to do with assists.  As a better example Mane scored a header the other week from a Mo cross against Bayern I think it was.  The cross came because he literally didn’t have another option.  That isn’t suddenly meaning he’s not greedy but in the eyes of idiots who don’t understand football and just look at spreadsheets at the end of a game it confirms what a great team player Salah is.  It’s fucking stupid and should be called out for what it is.

You didn't prove anything, nor did I nonsense your stats.  I corrected them and added to them, because I felt - rather than prove anything - they didn't quite support the conclusion.

Stats generally aren't how people form opinions, it's a bit condescending to assume that.  Stats are more how people test their opinions and speculate on what has caused, or what might fix, an issue that they've noticed (in this case, by using their eyes).

Yes, stats can be cherry-picked, but it's probably best to challenge that by highlighting the gaps and limitations in the stats rather than calling the poster a "fucking clown", especially when the sum result of your eye test is calling one player a cunt and then rationalising the actions of another player for doing the exact same thing (getting greedier when needing a goal).

Regardless of whether you think he's a great team player is irrelevant, he's a great player for our team.  As evidenced by us being boss.

• Upvote 1

You fucking negged it as well didn’t you Grinch you fucking sad cunt.  Absolutely brilliant.  I love how raging you must have been when you seen it.  Neg away I love that it gets under your skin so much.

I’d been moaning about him being a greedy cunt and he goes one on one with a defender and scored a crucial goal in which there was no realistic chance to pass the ball.  I called him a greedy cunt and you took it seriously.  I fucking love it.  I bet you had to wipe the spit from your phone screen to hit the button properly didn’t you.  HAHAHA.  Fucking tragic.