You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

He looks like he's got a basement full of fucked children.

Are you talking about Salah or Kadyrov? The answer should be more far more obvious than it is.

(I hope you're talking about Kadryov)

I'm not even going to pretend I know anything about this. I'm no body language expert but I am not able to tell how you'd know he's really uncomfortable with it.

As I say I know nothing about this political situation.

In any interview I’ve ever seen him he’s got a beaming smile on his face no matter the situation but there he has the look about him that he’d rather be somewhere else and he doesn’t smile. I’m no body language expert either but even I can see from that video he doesn’t seem comfortable at all.

Top dog in Africa, Egypt was too disappointing in this tournament. Our man was very much in the wrong team, silver lining for him being he will have ample time to recuperate and go again.  

He's had an horrific month, between the injury, Egypt's poor showing and being made a political pawn. He must be drained in every way possible.

He'll also have a month less to prepare for the season than most of our players, given that we thankfully have relatively few at the World Cup. He'll need to be managed well so that he isn't running on empty by October.

He's had an horrific month, between the injury, Egypt's poor showing and being made a political pawn. He must be drained in every way possible.

He'll also have a month less to prepare for the season than most of our players, given that we thankfully have relatively few at the World Cup. He'll need to be managed well so that he isn't running on empty by October.

He'll get (i think) 3 weeks off now - pretty sure that is the Klopp standard with the world cup lads and pretty much be back for pre season training around 17th July which then gives him a nearly a month to get sharp and ready for season.

Dead on i'd say

I'd be more worried about Firmino or Mane being out there until deep into the comp and then having their 3 weeks off and not being ready for start of season...although of course a lot of players from our rivals are gonna face similar problems.

He'll get (i think) 3 weeks off now - pretty sure that is the Klopp standard with the world cup lads and pretty much be back for pre season training around 17th July which then gives him a nearly a month to get sharp and ready for season.

Dead on i'd say

I'd be more worried about Firmino or Mane being out there until deep into the comp and then having their 3 weeks off and not being ready for start of season...although of course a lot of players from our rivals are gonna face similar problems.

We're fortunate in one sense that we could name a solid 1-8 (thought it includes Karius or Mignolet) with two new big money midfield signings but without any World Cup representatives.

Unfortunate that Salah/Mane/Firmino will all have had extra mileage, though.  We badly need a player of a similar level at that end to share the load.

We're fortunate in one sense that we could name a solid 1-8 (thought it includes Karius or Mignolet) with two new big money midfield signings but without any World Cup representatives.

Unfortunate that Salah/Mane/Firmino will all have had extra mileage, though. We badly need a player of a similar level at that end to share the load.

You'd like to think that we aren't gonna fuck about with Solanke and Ings et al again this year...and will be adding more depth/quality.

Sturridge and Origi too - we have 4 strikers on the books who are all rubbish, surely we need at least two players to replace these 4.

You'd like to think so especially given the wages Sturridge is on...get rid and free the wages up.

Personally i still think Origi would have offered more than Solanke last season (not saying either are good enough mind) and would prefer to see Solanke loaned out this season to see if there is any hope for him, Ings, Sturridge and Origi sold and as you say something resembling decent first team ready quality for a team challenging for the title brought in with the proceeds.

Liverpool star Mo Salah met Egypt fans outside his house after his home address was leaked.

A report on Goal.com claims that the Egypt star “embraced a huge crowd of supporters that appeared outside his house” amid speculation he could retire from international football.

ADVERTISING

The Egyptian Football Association were forced to release a statement insisting that Salah has never discussed international retirement with them.

Speculation, not helped by a series of cryptic tweets from the Liverpool forward’s agent, has been growing the 26-year-old is set to quit his national team after their disappointing World Cup came to an end against Saudia Arabia on Monday.

Salah’s relationship with the EFA was strained leading up to the tournament with a sponsorship row taking focus away from preparations while he is reportedly disappointed at how he has been used for political gain by administrators.

The 26-year-old had his address leaked on Facebook, the report claims, and his street was quickly overrun by cars full of expectant fans.

Admirably, the former Roma star came out to meet supporters, taking pictures and signing autographs.