You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

I willl be delighted if Mo scores as many goals next season as he did in the one just ended. But I do not think we should put too much expectation on him to be the new team carrier. I hope the shoulder injury does not affect him too much but once your shoulder starts popping out it can causerepeat injuries.

I willl be delighted if Mo scores as many goals next season as he did in the one just ended. But I do not think we should put too much expectation on him to be the new team carrier. I hope the shoulder injury does not affect him too much but once your shoulder starts popping out it can causerepeat injuries.

He’s gonna win us the league by February.

What’s all this talk I’ve been reading about Salah is basically being held hostage by the Egyptian FA and government?

Something to do with them wanting to tarnish his name and control him. Ramzan Kadyrov giving him citizenship is all part of it apparently. They’ve stopped him talking to his agent aswell. We need to get him away from there as soon as possible.

He's become popular to an uncomfortable degree. Don't know how he sleeps at night.

On the bloody corpses of Chechen homosexuals, it seems.

Hopefully there is an element of coercion here, because if it's done willingly, that's extremely worrying.

Hopefully there is an element of coercion here, because if it's done willingly, that's extremely worrying.

What would you do if your in a Chechen hotel and he turns up?

Probably not in the best long term interests to tell him to fuck off

Worrying how? That he's secretly a gay and jew hater? He's clearly become some sort of political pawn in the Muslim world. If you mean worrying for him and his psyche, then yeah I agree.

Worrying how? That he's secretly a gay and jew hater? He's clearly become some sort of political pawn in the Muslim world. If you mean worrying for him and his psyche, then yeah I agree.

As I said, it would be worrying if he was cozying up to Kadyrov willingly. Pretty clear I thought.

Something was clearly up before the World Cup but I reckon his desire to appear probably won out. Now he’s probably thinking fuck them. Nobody really cares about the African nations cup and I don’t think they’d stand a chance of winning it anyway. The World Cup 4 years away.

He seems to have a lot of national pride, so I doubt it's a decision he'd make without a great deal of thought, all the little Egyptian kids that look up to him etc.

But it seems like their FA are trying to milk and squeeze as much out him as they can to the point they're just blatantly taking the piss out of him. Especially with the whole image rights thing, using him in adverts without his permission.

He seems to have a lot of national pride, so I doubt it's a decision he'd make without a great deal of thought, all the little Egyptian kids that look up to him etc.

But it seems like their FA are trying to milk and squeeze as much out him as they can to the point they're just blatantly taking the piss out of him. Especially with the whole image rights thing, using him in adverts without his permission.

It’s not even them trying to squeeze everything out of him it’s the fact they are making him do things that they know is going to seriously damage his reputation and image. Watch the video of him getting Chechen citizenship and you can see how uncomfortable he is and he knows it’s completely the wrong thing to be doing but what you meant to do when your FA and a crazy person tells you your going to have citizenship? The rest of the squad are sat down at tables and he’s on a stage with that crazy bastard, it’s all to make Kadyrov look better and Egypt are letting him be used as political tool, apparently he hasn’t been allowed any contact with anyone including his agent which is bizarre in itself. It’s a fucked situation and the sooner he’s back the better.

It’s not even them trying to squeeze everything out of him it’s the fact they are making him do things that they know is going to seriously damage his reputation and image. Watch the video of him getting Chechen citizenship and you can see how uncomfortable he is and he knows it’s completely the wrong thing to be doing but what you meant to do when your FA and a crazy person tells you your going to have citizenship? The rest of the squad are sat down at tables and he’s on a stage with that crazy bastard, it’s all to make Kadyrov look better and Egypt are letting him be used as political tool, apparently he hasn’t been allowed any contact with anyone including his agent which is bizarre in itself. It’s a fucked situation and the sooner he’s back the better.

Yeah that's fucked up, didn't know about all of that.

Agreed, it's a fucking murky world the politics in that region, so the sooner Mo gets the hell away from it all and just gets back to playing football, the better for him and for us.

I'm not even going to pretend I know anything about this. I'm no body language expert but I am not able to tell how you'd know he's really uncomfortable with it.

As I say I know nothing about this political situation.