You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

He’s doing my head in now. Been a shadow of his former self. Admittedly he set himself a high bar but there’s no way on earth he deserves to be in the team based on recent performances. That’s not even mentioning the wages he’s on. I think sadly it’s probably sensible to try and cash in on him this summer whilst we still can. 

I can forgive the lack of pace or even things not coming off for him but what i cant get my head around is his shooting, for an elite level footballer or any level its has been shocking, shooting like a schoolboy , powder puff shots , scuffed shots , hard to fathom.

Bascombe.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/04/25/mohamed-salah-liverpool-darwin-nunez-transfer-future-slot/

Many will say there is a similar decision to be made on Salah if the Saudis call again. Like Virgil van Dijk and Trent Alexander-Arnold, his contract runs out in the summer of 2025.

The idea of Liverpool saying ‘thanks very much for your legendary work, Mo, but we’d quite like that £100 million now’ is as optimistic and simplistic as it is disrespectful to a player suffering a rare dip.

Whatever Liverpool’s intentions with Salah, it is also no longer their decision to make. Salah holds the aces should he fancy another crack at Champions League football and prefer to increase his signing on fee in the event of an eventual free transfer a year from now.

6 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Bascombe.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/04/25/mohamed-salah-liverpool-darwin-nunez-transfer-future-slot/

Many will say there is a similar decision to be made on Salah if the Saudis call again. Like Virgil van Dijk and Trent Alexander-Arnold, his contract runs out in the summer of 2025.

The idea of Liverpool saying ‘thanks very much for your legendary work, Mo, but we’d quite like that £100 million now’ is as optimistic and simplistic as it is disrespectful to a player suffering a rare dip.

Whatever Liverpool’s intentions with Salah, it is also no longer their decision to make. Salah holds the aces should he fancy another crack at Champions League football and prefer to increase his signing on fee in the event of an eventual free transfer a year from now.

It’s not a ‘rare dip’.

It was an inevitability that many of us warned about because of the ACN.

Literally history repeating itself after 2022, with the club as the big losers.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Bascombe.

Exactly. People saying sell him if the Saudis offer silly money. If he says nah, that's that. For me it's crazy talk getting rid of Salah, he just needs moving from the touchline. He's definitely off form but I've seen enough over 6 years to say, yeah keep Salah, bin Diaz and Nunez.

People really need to get some perspective, maybe this can help.

Lets look at a few attacking players and their contributions since Salah returned from injury 17th of February, two months ago.

Player 1: 9+4 games - 6 goals - 4 assists
Player 2: 14+1 games - 4 goals - 2 assists
Player 3: 11+3 games - 6 goals - 2 assists

Player 4: 10+6 games - 5 goals - 2 assists

Player 5: 13+0 games - 5 goals - 2 assists
Player 6: 6+6 games - 1 goal - 2 assists
Player 7: 4+6 games - 0 goals - 2 assists

Player 8: 13+0 games - 10 goals - 0 assists

Player 9: 8+6 games - 1 goal - 4 assists

Player 10: 8+0 games - 3 goals - 3 assists

Player 11: 8+0 games - 1 goal -1 assist

Player 12: 5+3 games - 1 goal - 1 assist

Player 13: 6+2 games - 2 goals - 2 assists

The players listed are Salah, Nunez, Diaz, Gakpo, Martinelli, Saka, Jesus, Alvarez, Haaland, Kulusevski, Son, Maddison and Johnson.

I wonder if fans of the other top clubs also want to sell all their attacking players as well?

IMG_0692.jpeg

IMG_0693.jpeg

IMG_0694.jpeg

IMG_0695.jpeg

IMG_0696.jpeg

IMG_0697.jpeg

IMG_0698.jpeg

IMG_0699.jpeg

IMG_0700.jpeg

IMG_0701.jpeg

IMG_0702.jpeg

IMG_0703.jpeg

IMG_0704.jpeg

1 minute ago, AHA said:

Not sure how to embed twitter but this is both remarkable and annoying. Some of Mo’s setups from 23/24 and the subsequent misses. Decent strikers and his assists would be ridiculous. It’s easy to forget how good he is when he’s off form. These misses though!

https://x.com/hmz290/status/1783447612039053347?s=61

Ive been saying that for ages.

5 minutes ago, AHA said:

Not sure how to embed twitter but this is both remarkable and annoying. Some of Mo’s setups from 23/24 and the subsequent misses. Decent strikers and his assists would be ridiculous. It’s easy to forget how good he is when he’s off form. These misses though!

https://x.com/hmz290/status/1783447612039053347?s=61

I counted, at least, 10 sitters. 

This is why I’d be selling Diaz and Nunez, restricting Salah’s game time(fewer 90 minutes, more sub appearances) and bringing in two forwards.

for me the discussion isn't really about if salah is better than martinelli or some other chump. they neither have a team set up for them to succeed, fuck off to afcon every 2 years, damaging their own performance in the process or earn what salah does. out of that list code shared, it's only the badly out of form, over paid, freak at city who compare in their importance and cost to their side. we also have to face the reality of he is going to cost us at least £15-20m in wages next season. and then could leave for free. So if someone comes in with a good price, let's say £80m, his cost for 1 season could be £100m. Insane. 

He is clearly not on an upward trajectory. it doesn't matter if he is good sometimes, if he's going to cost us £100m for 1 year, well it's time to let go if there's big money available. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

for me the discussion isn't really about if salah is better than martinelli or some other chump. they neither have a team set up for them to succeed, fuck off to afcon every 2 years, damaging their own performance in the process or earn what salah does. out of that list code shared, it's only the badly out of form, over paid, freak at city who compare in their importance and cost to their side. we also have to face the reality of he is going to cost us at least £15-20m in wages next season. and then could leave for free. So if someone comes in with a good price, let's say £80m, his cost for 1 season could be £100m. Insane. 

He is clearly not on an upward trajectory. it doesn't matter if he is good sometimes, if he's going to cost us £100m for 1 year, well it's time to let go if there's big money available. 

Salah decides though.

We've known it's been time for some time, this has been on the horizon staring at us in the face for the last 2 years.

New manager, new staff, new CEO, new SD = New Liverpool. That means out with the old and in with the new for players too.

1 hour ago, stringvest said:

I can't imagine Mo being here next year.  Like JK, he's out of energy, motivation and inspiration.  It's time.

Giving you a rep here despite your neg for my props to my boy Harvey Elliott earlier.

• Upvote 1

If he wants to sign a 1 year extension then great. Get him off the wing and play him closer to goal. If not and he's willing to leave for the Saudi money then take it. 

Nunez and Jota on the other hand need moved on. Jota injury record is just fucking ridiculous