You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

1 hour ago, alles ist gut said:

A salary cap could not work locally, because players will just move; I'm assuming you aren't advocating for a global salary cap, which would be unworkable due to currency variations, even without getting into the 'which bunch of fucking criminals get to oversee the system' question.

Clubs would find a way round it.

We've already seen it with Man City paying Mancini a seperate consultancy fee whilst he was managing them. 

34 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

The club is happy with the deal - We know this because they’ve let players go they deemed to be asking too much in the past. 

Salah is happy with the deal - We know this because he’s signed it. 

The fans are happy with the deal - We know this because we want the best players in the world playing for Liverpool. 

Everything else is just noise. 

Jurgen?

38 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Clubs would find a way round it.

We've already seen it with Man City paying Mancini a seperate consultancy fee whilst he was managing them. 

And they probably pay all kinds of others, they've just tightened up their cyber security now. We only know of the shit they've done in the past because of footyleaks. Same over at Chelsea, we're now only just finding out bad financial practices were in place there because of the sale of the club. 

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

And they probably pay all kinds of others, they've just tightened up their cyber security now. We only know of the shit they've done in the past because of footyleaks. Same over at Chelsea, we're now only just finding out bad financial practices were in place there because of the sale of the club. 

Another example of how dodgy they are that i saw the other day. 

23 hours ago, Scott_M said:

What a wanker.

B57CD982-25B5-4F9E-B106-234975042412.jpeg

Given what they’ve paid in wages on players like Sanchez, Sancho & Pogba, all who gave have offered fuck all, it’s a very bizarre take on a player who contributes massively each season.

Yeh, I think we know which club has been played here

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, aRdja said:

Yeah, £350k a week is ridiculous cash, there’s no denying that, but he’s still not even the best paid player in the league with that salary.

There’s so much money in football at the moment and I’d much rather it going to the players. From what I’ve read Mo seems like one of the better guys in football too.

I’m not arsed about the money - it’s not me paying it. Give him double that for all I care.

Some of the leaks/bargaining ploys about how he’d be open to staying in England with another club if he didn’t get what he wanted leave a sour taste, though. 

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

And yet that doesn't even make the mainstream media. It's astonishing the control they have. They're like a footballing version of this Tory government. 

Yeah the British media is an absolute disgrace these days - totally bought and paid for.

• Upvote 1

Neville is a scumbag, amazes me how many people give him the time of day. He almost certainly helped prompt a copper to get his head split open by their animal fans, his mates can get away with anything too, while the people he doesn't like get slagged off to high heaven, with club employees fearing for their families' safety as a result. He's a complete and utter twat.

Also, imagine laughing at Liverpool signing up one of the top five players in the world to a new contract while your own club is now considered a step down from Spurs.

• Upvote 10

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Neville is a scumbag, amazes me how many people give him the time of day. He almost certainly helped prompt a copper to get his head split open by their animal fans, his mates can get away with anything too, while the people he doesn't like get slagged off to high heaven, with club employees fearing for their families' safety as a result. He's a complete and utter twat.

Also, imagine laughing at Liverpool signing up one of the top five players in the world to a new contract while your own club is now considered a step down from Brentford.

Edited for accuracy 

• Upvote 6

18 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Also, imagine laughing at Liverpool signing up one of the top five players in the world to a new contract while your own club is now considered a step down from Spurs.

Apart from all that though…

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How good was it seeing him fly past defenders and use his right foot to put in dangerous balls.

I counted at least 3 that were on the money.

That's another dimension he's added that's going to change everything for us this season in terms of predictably, particularly with Nunez here now.

It's like when Owen learned how to shoot with his left.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, m0e said:

How good was it seeing him fly past defenders and use his right foot to put in dangerous balls.

I counted at least 3 that were on the money.

That's another dimension he's added that's going to change everything for us this season in terms of predictably, particularly with Nunez here now.

It's like when Owen learned how to shoot with his left.

Hopefully the break/contract signing has rejuvenated him. We will be a different beast upfront this season with the physicality of Nunez and Diaz terrorising defenders. Salah and Nunez will get the goals, Diaz will create the space and panic.

Salah contract and AFCON finish was a major part of us missing out on the big two competitions. His form dipped and just the wrong time,especially with Jota form falling off a cliff after his injury. The midfield was the other factor, playing injured and on fumes the last two months. 

This year we really need to get back to winning games and killing them off in the last half hour like the year we won it. Games every 3/4 days up to Xmas will stretch parts of our squad. No real replacements for Thiago,Fabinho. And I'd expect Nunes to have a dip at some point. The extra intensity will make it a long season for him. 

On the brightside Salah,Diaz,Kostas,Robbo,Milner,Elliot,Carvalho,Matip will all get a month off to recharge. 

So will Nabby amd Ox but they will probably be injured either wsr