You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

The Mirror piece is cliched, but plenty on here were making similar criticisms around Salah in recent months based on his demands. Leaks about how he might move to another English club were much more offensive than anything in that piece.

We’d all be nodding our heads in agreement if the article was about Ronaldo or Pogba.

Anyway, Mo’s been fantastic for us overall, but he sacrificed his form for us with his commitment to Egypt last season. He got everything he wants, now he owes the club and fans some serious improvement again from August.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Code said:

Must be hard for some this.

Funny as fuck really.

You honestly think that? Our most prolific forward has resigned, I don't think I've seen a single poster say he's past it or overpaid,  all there was some who could see the sense in saying no to his demands.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, an tha said:

He must be a manc or bloo. Wtf is he on about??? He has written in such a manner as though Salah should sign a 10 year contract for free and donate whatever he has too. 

Or has he just woken up from a coma after 20 years??

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

It’s possible to be delighted that he’s staying with us while simultaneously despairing at some elements of modern football. 

As i said earlier I can of course as i am sure we all can see what he is getting at and where he is coming from, but he has gone about it very clumsily and very lazily and frankly not very cleverly in that piece.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

As i said earlier I can of course as i am sure we all can see what he is getting at and where he is coming from, but he has gone about it very clumsily and very lazily and frankly not very cleverly in that piece.

Wasn’t really referring to the piece, more the pointed and seemingly authoritative suggestions in the media during the negotiations that he wouldn’t rule out joining another English club. 

Anyway, all academic now as he’s staying. Can’t wait to see him back to his best. 

8 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Wasn’t really referring to the piece, more the pointed and seemingly authoritative suggestions in the media during the negotiations that he wouldn’t rule out joining another English club. 

Anyway, all academic now as he’s staying. Can’t wait to see him back to his best. 

Apologies it wasn't you i meant to quote...and as it goes i agree with you.

I'll know quote the post i meant to!

17 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

He must be a manc or bloo. Wtf is he on about??? He has written in such a manner as though Salah should sign a 10 year contract for free and donate whatever he has too. 

Or has he just woken up from a coma after 20 years??

As i said earlier I can of course as i am sure we all can see what he is getting at and where he is coming from, but he has gone about it very clumsily and very lazily and frankly not very cleverly in that piece.

6 hours ago, aRdja said:

Don’t think that’s right. This is from The Athletics.

When Kevin De Bruyne, a month short of his 30th birthday, agreed a two-year contract extension in May of last year to keep him at Manchester City past his 34th birthday, Salah, with guidance from Abbas, figured they should be aiming for something similar. That is roughly what they got – although there were concessions from both sides because some of his £350k a week is incentivised around performance and achievement.

And this is what the echo say

How Mohamed Salah contract was secured with wages and structure explained

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mohamed-salah-contract-how-julian-24378014#ICID=Android_LFCEchoNewsApp_AppSha

Screenshot_2022-07-02-19-48-20-62_4c5c72e6960e18c72de4bbba26588250.jpg

4 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

He’s definitely a blue, did a stint at the Daily Post years ago. Oliver Holt did as well but he’s actually a Manc who pretends he supports Stockport.

Dunno why I had it in my head he was a manc. With that latest story he must be after a role as head of press for the shite. 

8 hours ago, El Rojo said:

It’s possible to be delighted that he’s staying with us while simultaneously despairing at some elements of modern football. 

Yeah, £350k a week is ridiculous cash, there’s no denying that, but he’s still not even the best paid player in the league with that salary.

There’s so much money in football at the moment and I’d much rather it going to the players. From what I’ve read Mo seems like one of the better guys in football too.

• Upvote 1

If you look at what some other players are making, he deserves the money, but in my opinion it would have also been fine had the club decided not to do it. I like that we have had limits as to what we're willing to give salary wise. The fact football is a complete free for all in terms of what you can pay players is really stupid. Baseball is the same, the contracts are absolutely ridiculous and make no sense. It would be great if there was a salary cap. 

• Downvote 1

A salary cap could not work locally, because players will just move; I'm assuming you aren't advocating for a global salary cap, which would be unworkable due to currency variations, even without getting into the 'which bunch of fucking criminals get to oversee the system' question.

16 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

The soft shite doesn’t see the irony in him getting paid around £200k a year for writing shite like that, I bet he doesn’t see himself as extremely fortunate not to have to worry about the bills. And to get all snotty that Mo is staying at some plush villa, I bet he’s never treated himself to some five star luxury has he? 

Football journalist in shock at the fact top footballers are very well paid is one of the most boring topics they do.

Too right, I couldn’t read it all, what a ridiculous article.

The club is happy with the deal - We know this because they’ve let players go they deemed to be asking too much in the past. 

Salah is happy with the deal - We know this because he’s signed it. 

The fans are happy with the deal - We know this because we want the best players in the world playing for Liverpool. 

Everything else is just noise. 

• Upvote 15