You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

So Mo Salah wanted Mane to leave and then he'd sign a new deal?

Nunez, Salah, Jota and Diaz with Bobby bringing up the rear. Happy days.

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I went to @dave u with a proposal for a revealer video of me ultimately signing a new six month sub with the forum.

I’ll be honest here - I’m not convinced he believed in the project. His loss. 

Six months? No wonder he didn't go for it. It's the full monty extension that gets tongues wagging. 

3 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

I think that's more on FSG than Salah.

Mane deciding to move on was probably a factor too. There is no way we could have allowed them both to leave in the space of twelve months for around 40 million in total transfer fees. 

I reckon it was the length of contract, Salah publicly said the issue wasn’t the money, so i reckon we would’ve been happy for him to earn £350k in our wage structure given he’s arguably our best player but Salah wanted a long term contract. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I went to @dave u with a proposal for a revealer video of me ultimately signing a new six month sub with the forum.

I’ll be honest here - I’m not convinced he believed in the project. His loss. 

I was convinced you were going to go over to RedCafe considering that picture of Alex Fergusons ear you've got on your profile.

Glad to hear you are staying though.

That's the real big news of the day for me.

• Upvote 1

On 09/06/2022 at 23:08, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Another decent season will see him overtake some big names, possibly into our top 5 goalscorers of all time.

If he fucks off after that, it will be a mistake. I don't believe he will be as happy in his football or his family life as he could be if he stays here. Still, his agent will make a big heap of cash, so that's the main thing.

Screenshot_2022-06-09-23-05-21-00_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

He now looks set to overtake Gerrard's total goals - possibly Liddell's and, at a push, Hodgson's - before he leaves.

8 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

He now looks set to overtake Gerrard's total goals - possibly Liddell's and, at a push, Hodgson's - before he leaves.

Yeah you wouldn't be shocked to see him get passed hodgson. I do wonder if he will get slightly less chances playing with a player in a more traditional 9 position. Not that I'm expecting Nunez to be an Alan shearer or anything, but I do think he'll  use a lot of spaces further forward that firmino, Jota and to some extent mane didn't. 

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah you wouldn't be shocked to see him get passed hodgson. I do wonder if he will get slightly less chances playing with a player in a more traditional 9 position. Not that I'm expecting Nunez to be an Alan shearer or anything, but I do think he'll  use a lot of spaces further forward that firmino, Jota and to some extent mane didn't. 

It’s interesting watching the YouTube clips though that he seems to have a natural tendency to drift left; which if starting central could actually have the effect of making more room for Salah to run into?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

It’s interesting watching the YouTube clips though that he seems to have a natural tendency to drift left; which if starting central could actually have the effect of making more room for Salah to run into?

Yeah, maybe. But I did wonder though if Mo might operate a little deeper like we saw at times in the 2nd half of the season when mane was doing that job. I can't help but feel what we got out Mane for that 2nd part of the season and the shape we adopted is a little glimpse towards how we'll shape up with Nunez. 

What a wanker.

B57CD982-25B5-4F9E-B106-234975042412.jpeg

Given what they’ve paid in wages on players like Sanchez, Sancho & Pogba, all who gave have offered fuck all, it’s a very bizarre take on a player who contributes massively each season.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

What a wanker.

B57CD982-25B5-4F9E-B106-234975042412.jpeg

Given what they’ve paid in wages on players like Sanchez, Sancho & Pogba, all who gave have offered fuck all, it’s a very bizarre take on a player who contributes massively each season.

Yeh Gary , hows the De-Jong deal going mate 

13 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

If he were a new signing, I'd be:

ecstatic at adding such a talent to the squad;

pleased at the clear indication that LFC are not only attractive to the best in the game, but capable of signing them.

Best result possible.

This was my thoughts. Imagine he was already playing somewhere else and we had just signed him on a free. I'd be fucking buzzing.