You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

I dont know about every media outlet saying we'll sell Mo. The other day it was Liverpool were comfortable about him staying the next 12 months.

The story originates from the s*n and has been picked up by the daily wail. No doubt others repeating it.

End of the day, who hasnt thought about selling Mo if he wont sign?

40 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

If we lose Salah and Mane in this window, I think we drop out of being a team that can win the title and could be scrapping for 4th place again next season. 

No matter who we sell we won't need to worry about not making 4th. 

We'd certainly be miles behind man city, but the drop off after that is huge. 

8 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Every media outlet now saying we will let him go for 60m. Looks like another strategic leak from the club.

He has to agree to go. Not sure he will. His comment before the CL final about definetly being here next season and subsequent leak about him being prepared to go to another PL club sounded more like him trying to pressure us.

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

With all of this can we agree on one thing?

It is about the money.

It always was, and we were never paying it. Same as we will talk about Bellingham but as the next year goes on you'll start to hear how the wages and fee just don't add up and better value will be had elsewhere. 

We are at risk of falling into the pack once Salah goes. Jota form fell off a cliff second half of last year,looked more the player we saw at Wolves than the first 18 months we saw with us. Nunez,Carvalho Elliot,Jones all very unproven at this level. As good as he is Diaz doesnt look a 20 goal a season player. No doubting Klopp but there's only so often you can find players like Salah and Mane at them prices that don't rock the boat a year later wanting more wages. 

I'm not anti FSG but we yet again seem to be the only club that constantly says we can't afford X. I don't doubt that without Covid they'd probably have sold both by now to fund a new forward line. But it's going to be hard to keep trying to stay ahead of everyone else with the stats/scouting. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

With all of this can we agree on one thing?

It is about the money.

It was always pretty comical when he made that statement.

What else could it possibly have been about?

"Better sporting project?" Er, where? "Better fans?" Where? "More money?" Oh, yeah, that one makes sense, I'm sure PSG or Real will pay you more than Liverpool.

36 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

It always was, and we were never paying it. Same as we will talk about Bellingham but as the next year goes on you'll start to hear how the wages and fee just don't add up and better value will be had elsewhere. 

We are at risk of falling into the pack once Salah goes. Jota form fell off a cliff second half of last year,looked more the player we saw at Wolves than the first 18 months we saw with us. Nunez,Carvalho Elliot,Jones all very unproven at this level. As good as he is Diaz doesnt look a 20 goal a season player. No doubting Klopp but there's only so often you can find players like Salah and Mane at them prices that don't rock the boat a year later wanting more wages. 

I'm not anti FSG but we yet again seem to be the only club that constantly says we can't afford X. I don't doubt that without Covid they'd probably have sold both by now to fund a new forward line. But it's going to be hard to keep trying to stay ahead of everyone else with the stats/scouting. 

None of Firmino, Mané or Salah were really quote unquote "proven" when we got them either, though. If you buy players wanting them to peak with you, by definition, those players won't be all that proven.

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

We definitely need to keep Salah for at least one more year. Starting next year without Mane AND without Salah would be disastrous. Just give him what he wants you tight cunts. 

Yeah and get Alisson,Virg,Thiago etc knocking on the door wanting a move or pay rise

11 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

If we lose Salah and Mane in this window, I think we drop out of being a team that can win the title and could be scrapping for 4th place again next season. 

Not sure about not getting fourth, but agree that we’d struggle to win the title with what would effectively be a new attack 

Still, he was fucking awful for the last three months of the season and his self-declared revenge against Real was non-existent. He sacrificed his previously brilliant performances for us by giving everything and more to Egypt. 

He needs to hit the ground running in August and tell his agent to shut the fuck up.