You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

Just now, JohnnyH said:

He’ll have a good summer break and then he’ll have a good mid-season break too when then World Cup is on. I think he could have a big season next year, and then he can leave on a free. 

I'd rather sell in the summer than let him go on a free.

14 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Shite last night his comments came back to bite him. 

Against any other keeper he would have scored two goals.

Salah was pretty good last night, best attacking player on the pitch. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Given how he's played for months that was more obvious than us not scoring after our initial 30min period last night.

Like Gini before him let him go and earn the stupid money he wants elsewhere.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Mark M said:

Comments make little difference. It's wise to avoid them, but whether you win or lose rests on how well you play on the pitch. Words coming out of your mouth days or weeks before a game have no actual impact on that game. Football still, in 2022, seems to encourage people to believe in omens, gods, the power of spells, jinxes, appeals to the heavens, etc etc. The whole sport needs to grow up.

3 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Comments make little difference. It's wise to avoid them, but whether you win or lose rests on how well you play on the pitch. Words coming out of your mouth days or weeks before a game have no actual impact on that game. Football still, in 2022, seems to encourage people to believe in omens, gods, the power of spells, jinxes, appeals to the heavens, etc etc. The whole sport needs to grow up.

Agreed. Don't know so many people worry about what he said. It's irrelevant what he said, all that matters is the performance. I am sure Salah didn't think about the words everytime a chance came his way.

The only difference was he said it whilst other players didn't. Either way they would have gone in with full motivation to beat them, it just didn't happen.

It's not realistic to expect him to sustain the level he was producing early in the season, but when he's not in that goalscoring form it exposes a lot of the flaws in his game. Like constantly giving the ball away or miscontrolling it. 

He doesn't play himself back into form by doing the simple things well but instead tries to force things like dribble through players trying to replicate those goals he scored in the beginning of the season, which then compounds the problem.

I'd rather sell than let him go on a free 

Both the club & player need to go into next season with clear minds.  Either sort a new contract out in the summer or agree that he leaves on a free next summer and have a long term plan in mind.  Let Mo have his mind free of shit, a good rest in the summer and without the world cup as well he has his best ever season for us before leaving.

With the likelihood of Mane leaving this summer It'd be a huge task to replace both (even if we got decent money for them)  If Mo leaves next season it'll have been a 2 year gradual break up of a front 3 that for 3 years performed exceptionally and with such amazing consistency. 

15 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I expect us losing will only increase his desperation to get away, perhaps for one of the guaranteed trophy clubs. The last nine months or so suggest that he isn’t really one for introspection. 

He was quite clear in the press conference before the Madrid game that he was staying at Liverpool next season.

The big problem with staying another season and not signing an extension is that we know he's off. The extra pressure and speculation wont help anybody. His game dropped off big time due to the AFCON and transfer speculation and isnt it that come Jan 1st he could sign terms with another club? This can't be helpful to anybody. 

I’m fine with him staying next season and then leaving. We’ve had our moneys worth and we can’t say he hasn’t put his heart and soul into the team. He’ll do the same next season too, he’s driven.  It’s up to the club to plan accordingly which they should be doing now. 

I want him to stay next season, as i think with a rest and a mid season break too, he is the best chance of keeping close to Man City.

All of this talk of us needing to sell him may be right but i imagine Salah and his agent want the £100 million, or whatever, going into their pockets rather than the clubs so may have to just swallow that.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The big problem with staying another season and not signing an extension is that we know he's off. The extra pressure and speculation wont help anybody. His game dropped off big time due to the AFCON and transfer speculation and isnt it that come Jan 1st he could sign terms with another club? This can't be helpful to anybody. 

Yeah, everytime he fluffs a chance people will get on his case. It's a distraction we don't need if we're going to rebuild. 

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Agreed. Everytime he fails to chase the ball people will say he is worried about getting injured. 

I blame that cunt Mbappe.

He still gets into great positions and creates chances,he just hasn't been putting them away as much. It's obvious other stuff has distracted him,the contract itself of course but who knows what else given his status in his homeland and Africa in general. His agent has certainly not helped his cause but a lot of agents are not dissimilar in the modern game. I have resigned myself to him leaving and not being a 10 year old kid it makes no difference to me as a person,but it would be better all round if he/his agent just said 'I'm leaving at the end of next season and that was it.' It's just going to continue next season and keep effecting his form and maybe the team as a whole.