You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

On 24/05/2022 at 11:54, Code said:

For as bad as he’s been?

He’ s scored 9 goals and got 6 assists in 19 starts (25 games) the second half of the season. 

Luis Diaz, who everyone rightly think has been brilliant, he has scored 6 goals and got 4 assists in 17 starts (25 games) in the same period.

The different standard Salah is judge on compared with other players, both within our own fanbase and by journalists is frankly ridiculous.

Salah has not been poor the second half of the season, he’s just not been on «the out of this world» level he was the first half of the season.

AA40DEAE-E069-45D1-A403-8A57B588DD92.jpeg

DC6C67BF-5B40-491E-9AF5-D007ACDA97F3.jpeg

Diaz isn't asking for 400k+/week, allegedly 

I think him leaving on a free next season after one last hurrah season where he'll have more rest coming in from a summer where he doesn't have football and the World Cup he doesn't have to go to, plus the motivation for him to get as big a deal as possible, is probably the best situation for all parties.

I think he'll be great next season and then we can all go our seperate ways.

But if he's to leave on a free, we should extend Mané, you'd think.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

If he goes on a free, so be it. He's repaid his transfer fee, and then some.

Regardless, questions must be asked about why we have such difficulty retaining top class talent, despite being the top ranked team in world football.

MONEY MONEY MONEEEEEYYYY!!.

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Personally I think his comments today was saying he won't be sold this summer .... As in the club can want to sell all it wants, but he's going nowhere. 

This is why I've never loved after Torres.

4 hours ago, Strontium said:

Regardless, questions must be asked about why we have such difficulty retaining top class talent, despite being the top ranked team in world football.

Well it's either this way or simply using our budget up buying journeymen who are just glorified championship players. The other way is to become just another Man City and play footballer manager for real with a bottomless pit of a budget.

4 hours ago, Strontium said:

In some cases it's just curiosity to try a different way of life elsewhere.  They aren't like you and me, particularly in Salahs case he's a bloke that's lived in Egypt, Basel, London, Florence, Rome, Liverpool all before the age of 30, he's got people to move his shit for him, all school stressors sorted for him, I'd move all the time probably. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

In some cases it's just curiosity to try a different way of life elsewhere.  They aren't like you and me, particularly in Salahs case he's a bloke that's lived in Egypt, Basel, London, Florence, Rome, Liverpool all before the age of 30, he's got people to move his shit for him, all school stressors sorted for him, I'd move all the time probably. 

You'd think he'd want a steady school for his kids though,rather than tutors following them around the world. At 30 these lads are planning their retirement and spending more time with their families.

What he said today was he’d be at Anfield for at least another season.

That still leaves room for a contract to be negotiated through the summer, as he has repeatedly said, to be fair to him, he’s wanted to concentrate on the football while there’s still things to be won.

I thought he was a bit subdued during the walk round on Sunday, probably understandably given we’d just missed the league title, and I expect that a summer off for them all (who are staying) and any players joining would hopefully see the league attacked in the same way a we did in 2020 with hopefully the same result but this time celebrated properly.

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I think us normals put too much emphasis on the money. If someone offered us, say, 50% more to go somewhere else, then we'd go in a heartbeat, because that would mean something to us. It would make a real difference to our lives. But if you're already being paid, say, £150,000 every fucking week, why would more money be attractive? What would you do with it that you can't already do? How would it make your life better?

• Upvote 1