You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

7 hours ago, etho said:

Think there may be a tactical element to it. There's so much threat on our right from Salah and with Trent that teams are double or tripling up and closing the spaces and angles they work in. They still need to find solutions to that of course. The benefit to is if we get it right to us is it should free up space on the left of the pitch where we are getting more joy, it's just how we switch the play and use the ball effectively to take advantage of that

Yes, please. 

On 12/05/2022 at 20:56, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Well, as it stands it's likely his last game at Anfield against Wolves. 

Fuck knows how he's being allowed to play in two cup finals as a sort of reward for not signing a new contract.  

Really shitty situation we've got ourselves in.  No player contract negotiations should take place during the season.  None. 

It honestly sickens me to read stuff like this. 

The guy has been astounding for us since he signed. Yes he has gone off the boil since Jan (look how much he has played this season) and yes he often fucks up and doesn't pass the ball when he should (he wouldn't be the first), but he's a superstar. Players like him, with his stats, are seriously rare. It pays to be careful what you wish for. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

It honestly sickens me to read stuff like this. 

The guy has been astounding for us since he signed. Yes he has gone off the boil since Jan (look how much he has played this season) and yes he often fucks up and doesn't pass the ball when he should (he wouldn't be the first), but he's a superstar. Players like him, with his stats, are seriously rare. It pays to be careful what you wish for. 

And I think we're fucking lucky that Diaz has hit the ground running.

According to one report, neither he nor Virge is getting a scan, the feeling is so confident that they're okay, which strikes me as highly implausible. Why would you not bother to send them for a scan? Virge said he felt something at the back of his knee - I've never experienced that, but surely, given his hellish injury last year, that is something you check really ultra-carefully? Mo seemed upbeat but again, aggravate a groin strain and you could end up like Gerrard, being dogged by it for ages. Hopefully they can both rest until the final and get lots of physio, but we can't send out two players unless they're deffo sure not to break down.

59 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

According to one report, neither he nor Virge is getting a scan, the feeling is so confident that they're okay, which strikes me as highly implausible. Why would you not bother to send them for a scan? Virge said he felt something at the back of his knee - I've never experienced that, but surely, given his hellish injury last year, that is something you check really ultra-carefully? Mo seemed upbeat but again, aggravate a groin strain and you could end up like Gerrard, being dogged by it for ages. Hopefully they can both rest until the final and get lots of physio, but we can't send out two players unless they're deffo sure not to break down.

Judging from the comments that have come from players and Klopp and their parts in the post match presentations/celebrations etc...i don't think Salah or VVD have injuries that are of a concern.

You don't have injured players climbing up loads of steps at wembley and all the rest... 

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Judging from the comments that have come from players and Klopp and their parts in the post match presentations/celebrations etc...i don't think Salah or VVD have injuries that are of a concern.

You don't have injured players climbing up loads of steps at wembley and all the rest... 

No, and you don't have players with injured acls being told to stamp their foot by...oh, hang on... With all due respect, I don't think walking up some steps is proof of anything other than walking up some steps.

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Fabinho is the main worry, I think the other lads will be sound.

I agree. From sitting on my arse and looking at the TV, my considered judgement of their muscular and tendon sttate of health is...A-okay. Nurse, please bring in my next BUPA patient.

4 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

No, and you don't have players with injured acls being told to stamp their foot by...oh, hang on... With all due respect, I don't think walking up some steps is proof of anything other than walking up some steps.

All i am saying is if either had injuries that were a big worry i just don't think they would have been in the celebrations etc as they were.

VVD was dancing on the pitch...

Time will tell i suppose...but my feel is both will be fine and available for wolves.

• Like 1

Don’t think celebrations are taken into account though they did move freely.

Klopp seemed bullish as do the players and we took the sensible precautions to aide their recovery.

Cotton wool time for these guys, shit loads of physio, massage etc etc. we’ve all the tools for deep tissue work so it’ll be intense recovery. We’ll get our monies worth out of the AXA facilities here.

51 minutes ago, suzy said:

Thought he looked a bit miserable collecting  his Golden Boot but I guess he was disappointed we hadn’t won the league.

And of course he didn't win it outright and considering how far ahead he was, that's probably gutting. 

8 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

I've got his summer training schedule all worked out:

1. Practice kicking the ball with your right foot.

2. See above.

That's it.

I wouldn't bank on him being here. Madrid have an mbappe sized hole in their plans. I can't believe they won't be looking at mo and/or mane considering their contract situations.