You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

4 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Ah, this explains the contract stalemate - it was racism all along:

“Salah has to realise that he is African, so they will not treat him like the Europeans, and they will not give him the best contract like the others, the same thing happened to me when I was at Liverpool, they told me not to go to my country to play with my national team.

(We obviously told him to not bother playing for us as well).

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2022/03/29/liverpool-flop-claims-some-reds-stars-receive-preferential-treatment-over-salah-after-weighing-in-on-potential-real-madrid-move/

Aubemyang was on 350k a week at Arsenal 

On 27/03/2022 at 02:15, an tha said:

Wilson is a good journo, but none of the journo’s who actually cover us have said Salah is after £400k. I’d argue they’d hear from the club first if that’s what he was after. 

We can easily afford to go up to £350/375k a week. It’ll depend on if the owners want to pay it or not. 

He's definitely getting to experience what it's like to play for a team who are incapable of creating space for him--hell, they can't even get the ball to him.

That won't be the case with any of his potential destinations, of course. But still a reminder of just how perfectly he fits into the system at LFC.

45 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Wilson is a good journo, but none of the journo’s who actually cover us have said Salah is after £400k. I’d argue they’d hear from the club first if that’s what he was after. 

We can easily afford to go up to £350/375k a week. It’ll depend on if the owners want to pay it or not. 

Salah is arguably the world's best player at present (he's certainly in the conversation for being it) But the question is is it worth breaking (and if so by just how much) the wage structure for him....If he potentially starts to earn a lot more than the likes of VVD and Allison (players who are every bit as important as Salah) that will potentially open a can of worms if they then ask for the gap to be closed or parity.... 

Any new really top drawer players we may want to bring in will be then probably after a similar wage too.

I'm pretty sure we can afford to pay one player 400K a week too (not saying Salah is asking for that but using it as potential highest he might be) and seems to be sort of figure we may be looking at when people say 'give Salah what he wants' - but the question is should we?

Personally i am at peace with him going - like every other great player who has ever left he will be replaced/team will evolve and I trust our current management team to retool us successfully if he does indeed go.

31 minutes ago, an tha said:

Salah is arguably the world's best player at present (he's certainly in the conversation for being it) But the question is is it worth breaking (and if so by just how much) the wage structure for him....If he potentially starts to earn a lot more than the likes of VVD and Allison (players who are every bit as important as Salah) that will potentially open a can of worms if they then ask for the gap to be closed or parity.... 

Any new really top drawer players we may want to bring in will be then probably after a similar wage too.

I'm pretty sure we can afford to pay one player 400K a week too (not saying Salah is asking for that but using it as potential highest he might be) and seems to be sort of figure we may be looking at when people say 'give Salah what he wants' - but the question is should we?

Personally i am at peace with him going - like every other great player who has ever left he will be replaced/team will evolve and I trust our current management team to retool us successfully if he does indeed go.

I’m not saying to give Salah whatever he wants. 

I appreciate we can’t compare our finances with City and Chelsea (previous to the village idiot having his assets frozen). So lets look at United who we have virtually the same turnover and profit as. 

They have 7 players on more money than Salah. We can afford him and other top players on top wages. 

We’ll see if the owners are prepared to do that or not. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

I’m not saying to give Salah whatever he wants. 

I appreciate we can’t compare our finances with City and Chelsea (previous to the village idiot having his assets frozen). So lets look at United who we have virtually the same turnover and profit as. 

They have 7 players on more money than Salah. We can afford him and other top players on top wages. 

We’ll see if the owners are prepared to do that or not. 

I never said you were, pal - but there are some on here and social media generally who have.

Of course none of us know what he does want... 

As for wage structure/what we pay compared to mancs et al - its been discussed to death and it is what it is....we seem to be doing ok with it.

33 minutes ago, an tha said:

I

As for wage structure/what we pay compared to mancs et al - its been discussed to death and it is what it is....we seem to be doing ok with it.

Agreed.

Mo is a great player, I hope it’s sorted and he stays. I’d also suggest a club that has scored 100+ goals this season must also be doing something right in an attacking sense. He benefits as much from us as we do from him.

Unlike how were with Suarez, we’re not a one man team anymore. We’ll find it easier to replace him.

1 hour ago, Dynamite said:

His penalty for Egypt in the shootout this evening might shave a few thousand per week off any demands...

It was a shit pen from him, nothing to do with the lazers. Sadio is the man in Africa now. Egyptian keepers are a joke feigning injury with any contact. 

I don't care if mo goes now as this contract business is boring now and we've replaced top players for years now. Nobody is bigger than the club. 

• Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, Butch said:

It was a shit pen from him, nothing to do with the lazers. Sadio is the man in Africa now. Egyptian keepers are a joke feigning injury with any contact. 

I don't care if mo goes now as this contract business is boring now and we've replaced top players for years now. Nobody is bigger than the club. 

F5owPjX7FmATWBevqx85qM-320-80.jpg.034b6fc70141594f7ff9ac2c04f72c5c.jpg

Until the European Club Association grows a pair, we havent any choice letting players end up being treated like this. And even then, players are going to demand to be released.

Im surprised there was no extending tunnel cover for this and it looks like the Egypt players were pelted with the laser pens!

Given the amount of missiles being thrown onto the pitch at football grounds immediately following the actions of our dignified neighbours a couple of months ago, and given the propensity for many football supporters to be thick as fuck, I wonder how long it will take for laser pens to show up at prem games this season?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mgw100 said:

Gotta feel for Mo there. That's tough to take given how he would have felt missing that pen and losing the game. 

They've been overachieving for years off the back of him and his ability and status. It's time they got back to their true level. 

Maybe if he didnt have nagging contract talks and a cunt of an agent hanging over him he'd have scored his penalty?