You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

Nothing's changed. Those comments are basically the same as the other 3 interviews he's given about the subject. 

Either they'll meet in the middle and he'll extend or we'll use him to fund our next transfers. Or he's staying and going for free next year, but I'd find that unlikely. There's the Michael Owen esque analysis. Staying, sold or going for free. 

If his demands are genuinely reasonable but his contract isn't extended then FSG will face a storm of criticism. Mo isn't Wijnaldum (no disrespect to Wijnaldum).

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks we're hoping for a record breaking bid from PSG.

35 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

It’s more expectation for me at this point. First big summer signing to get booed on his Anfield ‘debut’ and every game thereafter?

I dunno if he'd get booed. It would probably be well managed to give enough love. I don't even hate sterling as a footballer, but he's fucking miles of mo. It would be a disaster, not forgetting what mo would add to city. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Why? Both refusing to sign new deals. Both 12 months from the end of their contract this summer. Sterling has been dripping his love for Liverpool in various interviews over the last 6 months or so. 

I honestly don't think Mo would go there. He's above that. We won't pay what Sterling wants either. 

We certainly wouldn't pay the wages Sterling would be looking for.

As for Mo going to City - I never thought Torres would have left us for Chelsea back in 2010 - granted we are in a stronger place now - but if we can't do a deal to keep the best player in the world at our club and City show him a huge contract offer with the ambition to be the best club in Europe its not a reach to see that move happen. 

Its a big moment in FSG ownership of us how they handle this situation with Salah.

29 minutes ago, Mark M said:

We certainly wouldn't pay the wages Sterling would be looking for.

As for Mo going to City - I never thought Torres would have left us for Chelsea back in 2010 - granted we are in a stronger place now - but if we can't do a deal to keep the best player in the world at our club and City show him a huge contract offer with the ambition to be the best club in Europe its not a reach to see that move happen. 

Its a big moment in FSG ownership of us how they handle this situation with Salah.

I think it can be put as simply as: Lose him, lose us. 

• Upvote 1

Can't see there being much uproar against FSG if Salah goes.  The PR machine will go into overdrive to blame the player and it will work like it always does.

FSG are sitting pretty for as long as Klopp is here at least 

• Upvote 3

I've never been one of the #FSGOut brigade, I'm not their biggest fan but there's much worse owners out there. So I was more #FSGInButDoBetterInFutureYouYankCunts. 

I will never forgive them for this though, there's no spin or sincere apology video they could release that would make letting one of our greatest ever players leave be OK. 

The fans want him to stay, Mo wants to stay, the team wants him to stay, the manager wants him to stay, but the spreadsheet jockeys think they know better. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Moo said:

Can't see there being much uproar against FSG if Salah goes.  The PR machine will go into overdrive to blame the player and it will work like it always does.

I just can't see how FSG can spin this in their favour with Salah. 

With the likes of Torres and Suarez etc they wanted to actively leave the club FSG made them hand a transfer request in first so they could make sure they were completely covered in how they handled the moves which is fair enough.

Salah is publicly asking to stay - he's the best player in the world on current form and his numbers are off the charts incredible. 

The only way they can spin this in a positive light is to do a deal with him and sign him up to an extended deal.

54 minutes ago, Chris said:

I honestly don't think Mo would go there. He's above that. We won't pay what Sterling wants either. 

Sterling doesn't have much of a market really imo because of his wages. His form has dipped and he's not starting as many games as he used to. I don't think he's as rated abroad as he is here, so my guess is any move for him would need to be to another English club or maybe Munich as English players seem to be a fashion over there (young ones anyway) - although obviously that might change if he sits it out for a bosman. 

As for Salah not going there. These lads just want to play and get paid what they're worth. He's made it clear he'd like to stay here and the ball is with fsg to make it work financially. If they don't, I think all bets are off. 

5 minutes ago, Mark M said:

I just can't see how FSG can spin this in their favour with Salah. 

With the likes of Torres and Suarez etc they wanted to actively leave the club FSG made them hand a transfer request in first so they could make sure they were completely covered in how they handled the moves which is fair enough.

Salah is publicly asking to stay - he's the best player in the world on current form and his numbers are off the charts incredible. 

The only way they can spin this in a positive light is to do a deal with him and sign him up to an extended deal.

There wouldn't be much to spin. Everyone would be mad regardless of anything they would say. The rationale will simply be; we don't want to pay him what he wants.

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Sterling doesn't have much of a market really imo because of his wages. His form has dipped and he's not starting as many games as he used to. I don't think he's as rated abroad as he is here, so my guess is any move for him would need to be to another English club or maybe Munich as English players seem to be a fashion over there (young ones anyway) - although obviously that might change if he sits it out for a bosman. 

As for Salah not going there. These lads just want to play and get paid what they're worth. He's made it clear he'd like to stay here and the ball is with fsg to make it work financially. If they don't, I think all bets are off. 

If FSG allowed that to happen, we should fucking riot.

23 minutes ago, Moo said:

For me, that'd be the line crossed they couldn't come back from. I've not once uttered FSG Out because compared to what we could have, they're angels. However, this would feel personal. 

33 minutes ago, dave u said:

If FSG allowed that to happen, we should fucking riot.

You know though Dave, the spin will happen and the usual suspects will tell everyone how clever fsg are and everyone will just get on with it. 

31 minutes ago, Chris said:

For me, that'd be the line crossed they couldn't come back from. I've not once uttered FSG Out because compared to what we could have, they're angels. However, this would feel personal. 

I find the fsg out thing funny. I've never seen anyone on here say it and never known anyone in the real world say it. Fsg out is just a Twitter thing. "Fsg are cunts" on the the other hand........ 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Why? Both refusing to sign new deals. Both 12 months from the end of their contract this summer. Sterling has been dripping his love for Liverpool in various interviews over the last 6 months or so. 

Don’t forget the out-of-the-blue articles linking Sterling with us a few months ago. As soon as they started doing the rounds, I was like Susie from Curb Your Enthusiasm whenever she realises Jeff and Larry are up to something foul. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

You know though Dave, the spin will happen and the usual suspects will tell everyone how clever fsg are and everyone will just get on with it.

I think this will be the line for most fans though.

Unless they're planning on bringing in Mbappe on a free for moneyball reasons then there's nothing clever about allowing Salah to leave.