You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

Team Talk was a glorified rumour mill with little substance years ago. It seems this article is a mish-mash of rumours rolled into a couple of articles. Make you own minds up!

Michael Edwards might be preparing for his departure from his Kirkby training complex office, but a report claims he is still planning one final – and most welcome – transfer act before he departs Liverpool FC.

Edwards’ contract with the Reds is expiring at the end of the season. There had remained a hope that he would put pen to paper on a new deal at Anfield. But that hope has now been vanquished, with Edwards penning an emotional farewell letter to Liverpool fans.

His successor too has already been decided. Indeed, his assistant Julian Ward will take charge of all Liverpool’s transfer business and existing player contracts from July 1.

However, with just over eight months remaining on his deal, Edwards continues to build on his legacy. Known as the man who brought Mohamed Salah, Alisson Becker and Virgil van Dijk to Anfield, he has played a significant role in their success. He also was the man who negotiated Philippe Coutinho’s giant sale to Barcelona. That deal alone will net the Reds a whopping £142m if all conditions are met.

Clearly he’s not finished there either, with talks to nail ‘Egyptian King’ Salah down to a new deal very much ongoing.

The Egyptian has become the central figure at Anfield this season, but not only for his form. While he may have scored 16 goals in 16 games, such a tally has made his contract situation more pressing.

Indeed, Salah will enter the final year of his current terms this summer. What’s more, the 29-year-old is yet to follow suit with a new deal unlike several teammates.

As for Salah’s situation, his salary has proved the sticking point for Liverpool’s Fenway Sports Group owners. FSG want to reward the forward, but are wary of a drop-off in form in his thirties.

Given how shrewd FSG have been, they fear a lack of return from such a sizeable commitment.

However, TEAMtalk has learned that, on the contrary to some reports, Salah and his agent, Ramy Abbas Issa, are not asking for £500,000 per week.

Nonetheless, Edwards is expected to soon reach an agreement with Salah and his agent. Indeed, an agreement to tie down Salah to a new deal will be hugely welcomed by Liverpool supporters given his massive importance to their side.

And that’s a scenario Kevin Phillips can see happening in what could prove Edwards’ final act in the job.

“There’s no doubt about it, he will want to sort that contract out before he leaves. He will be desperate to get it sorted and I’m sure he will,” Phillips told Football Insider. “I think some people would say his time at Liverpool would be tarnished if Salah doesn’t sign a new deal and leaves at the end of the season. I certainly don’t see it like that.

“He’s amazing at what he does, and done an amazing job in my eyes in terms of player recruitment. You cannot take that away from him.”

Sadio Mane also wants huge new Liverpool deal

Trent Alexander-Arnold celebrating with Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah

Sadio Mane is demanding a new contract on a potentially similar level to Salah, according to a report.

The pair have proved two of Jurgen Klopp’s best signings since arriving in 2016 and 2017, respectively. While some of their goals will go down as their most crucial, the fact that they have both scored 100 for the Reds is a true reflection of their importance.

Indeed, Mane and Salah helped guide Liverpool to Champions League glory in 2019 and the Premier League title in 2020.

On Saturday, meanwhile, they both scored – and combined – in the 4-0 rout of Arsenal. However, according to Goal, Mane’s contract has become the ‘elephant in the room’ for the club.

While Salah’s demands have received a lot of traction, the report claims that his strike partner is making similar demands.

Goal points out that Mane’s situation mirrors his fellow forward’s; he is 29 years old and soon enters the final 18 months of his contract. Like Salah, Mane wants recognition for his standout service in Klopp’s team.

https://www.teamtalk.com/liverpool/revealed-huge-final-transfer-act-michael-edwards-leave-liverpool-fans-ecstacy

Loved his goal tonight, the defender marking him was doing a great job staying tight and keeping Mo quiet so I thought it just wasn't going to be his night. Then a clever little 1-2 with Hendo and a second later he loses his man, creates himself a ton of space slots it in and leaves a couple of other defenders on their arses while he's at it.

2 hours ago, Caramac said:

ZSyarw9.gif

oIX09yz.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Aventus said:

Loved his goal tonight, the defender marking him was doing a great job staying tight and keeping Mo quiet so I thought it just wasn't going to be his night. Then a clever little 1-2 with Hendo and a second later he loses his man, creates himself a ton of space slots it in and leaves a couple of other defenders on their arses while he's at it.

That goal is alright, I suppose.

ken-barlow-must-not-fap.gif

6 hours ago, Aventus said:

To paraphrase Ian Healey,former Australian wicket keeper,speaking about his ex team mate Shane Warne 'You know what he's going to do but you can do f**k all about it.'

On 17/11/2021 at 19:47, aRdja said:

I’ve yet to see a Spanish football club that I like. Real, Barca, Atletico have awful culture on and off the pitch. The Spanish FA really need to do something drastic IMO, as they’ll be losing a lot of fans if it keeps going.

They've been like that for years, don't know why you think it will suddenly stop people watching now.

There is no accounting for taste, people used to pay money voluntarily so they could watch Stoke under Pulis for instance.

I'd rather cut my own balls off with a rusty spoon than watch that shit, but just like the having beans on a breakfast, it shows the world is full of sick fucks.