You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

Depends on the club sounds all a bit gini from last year. 

Its definitely aiming at the club to stump up the cash. It's not an innocent "I'll stay as long as Liverpool want me".

But he's entitled to get paid well as he's fucking class. Seems a bit weird to give an interview on it rather than just handle it in house.

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Its definitely aiming at the club to stump up the cash. It's not an innocent "I'll stay as long as Liverpool want me".

But he's entitled to get paid well as he's fucking class. Seems a bit weird to give an interview on it rather than just handle it in house.

Players are giving interviews all the time though aren't they and it's bound to get asked. Even if he knows it's coming, you can't blame him for answering or his answer. 

Surely it’s not whether you do it but how you do it. Barnsey was being paying £10k a week when the next best paid was £2k.  Get Nike to pay him £10m a year in a sponsorship deal and we pay him £300k.

The James song is great but he could rightly get Kennyesque levels of devotion if he committed and we take the only dark cloud away.  Mo would already get in any all time Liverpool 11 and, with another 4 years, would  surely be be in the running as our greatest player ( from someone who saw Kenny score against Newcastle on his doubt).

• Upvote 1

On 19/10/2021 at 16:12, Scott_M said:

Of all the amazing things Mo has done recently, I think maintaining eye contact with the camera here is the most impressive…

863A2DAF-82F0-42F0-8801-05D4F8FEF5C5.jpeg

If Mo didn't go mouthing off this lovely lass would still be on top of the page, so fuck you Mo, there are more important things than scoring in every game.

4 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

"It's not up to me, it's up to the club to pay me £768k per day"

Greedy cunt. Let's get back to the old way, the Liverpool way, sell him and buy someone older, worse and broken.

Sell him and get Borini, Lambert and Balotelli in - get the band back together. 

• Upvote 1

I think that Mo will sign a new contract, unless he is asking for ridiculous money. As overjoyed as I'll be, I'd be a bit concerned that FSG will look to sell on a few players and will put Mo out as the big signing of 2022 to the fans. 

I think our squad depth looks a lot better thanks to Elliott, Jones, Kelleher and Tsimikas, but we really need a bit of investment this summer. We won't always get lucky with lads like that being able to bulk up the squad because that's down to Jurgen and a world class coaching and scouting network.

I don't like FSG but they make more right than wrong decisions. The concern is that in the next few years say when Jurgen goes, their model won't be compatible with winning trophies, unless they change. I don't think they will thanks to the idiots at Uefa and the FA who have essentially allowed states to run football clubs. They like winning trophies sure they do, but they like running a sustainable business. 

The next 12 months will tell me a lot about where they are at. I mean I loved Gini who was a top class player who I wanted to stay, but Mo is the best player in the world. If we keep the band together and bring in say Bellingham for 100 million, that indicates they really mean business here rather than waiting to sell and spend as little up to that point when the golden goose appears.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I think that Mo will sign a new contract, unless he is asking for ridiculous money. As overjoyed as I'll be, I'd be a bit concerned that FSG will look to sell on a few players and will put Mo out as the big signing of 2022 to the fans. 

I think our squad depth looks a lot better thanks to Elliott, Jones, Kelleher and Tsimikas, but we really need a bit of investment this summer. We won't always get lucky with lads like that being able to bulk up the squad because that's down to Jurgen and a world class coaching and scouting network.

I don't like FSG but they make more right than wrong decisions. The concern is that in the next few years say when Jurgen goes, their model won't be compatible with winning trophies, unless they change. I don't think they will thanks to the idiots at Uefa and the FA who have essentially allowed states to run football clubs. They like winning trophies sure they do, but they like running a sustainable business. 

The next 12 months will tell me a lot about where they are at. I mean I loved Gini who was a top class player who I wanted to stay, but Mo is the best player in the world. If we keep the band together and bring in say Bellingham for 100 million, that indicates they really mean business here rather than waiting to sell and spend as little up to that point when the golden goose appears.

The trouble is with the idea of asking for stupid money, everyone's definition of that will be very different. To all of us and probably Mo too, this is an emotional choice as well as economical - this is not unreasonable, the sport is emotional, it's why we all love it so much. As fans we see a player we don't want to go, he's the best in the world. Mo isn't stupid, he knows his value outside the club, can see salaries others achieve elsewhere and has his own boss saying he's the best in the world.

It would seem very obvious where money is concerned, the last thing fsg are is emotional. Most of their most high profile fuck ups here are money driven, because they're greedy cunts. Perhaps I'm wrong and it's emotional to them too, milking every last cent is a badge of honour and their version of winning, but they're just playing a different sport. 

Mo has stepped it up in the past week. We've had these words. We had his very visible meeting with his agent (does anyone think it was an accident that ends up on the press?). And it wasn't very long ago his agent was chucking out tweets. He clearly is pushing to get it done. Perhaps his agent is pushing while his stock is highest.

The entire front 3's contracts are out at the end of next season. Surely this is the one we have to nail down and take a bit of a gamble on? I know they won't want to pay what he wants..they won't want to give that to a player of his age. But open your fucking eyes and watch the lad play and fuck the spreadsheets off for 5 minutes. 

• Upvote 1

I think that Klopp himself's longer term future is linked to the current crop of our top players,especially Mo. I don't see him staying too much longer if he's asked to repeat his first 6 seasons again. The way FSG run the club must be very draining for the manager and being expected to turn youngsters into superstars rather than buying established players is not an easy task and has more misses than hits. I doubt he could repeat what he's done here again if he had to under the current circumstances in top level football.

• Upvote 1

He must be worth a few quid to us commercially as well. He’s one of those amazing players who are good enough to attract those idiots who follow players ahead of teams. As a Moslem with amazing talent, playing in the most followed league in the world, he must attract hundreds of thousands of fans in the Moslem world to select Liverpool as their English club of choice. He’s such a good lad who lives his life as a professional should, he even gets the respect of other English football fans.

It’s a complete no brainer to get him signed up, I’m sure FSG know that and I suspect they are waiting for an opportune moment to get it done and then bask in the glory. I also think Mo believes his best option is to stay with us, as he’s absolutely loved and is playing at the highest level and competing for the top prizes.