You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

The value is keeping a genuine world class player at the peak of his abilities and keeping a team which has been underinvested in competing for honours.  Salah's value isn't going to drop rapidly anytime soon.  He's a massive asset not only on the pitch but a huge global icon. Whatever FSG have invested personally in the club they are massively ahead in terms of current value and assets.  The tight cunts need to step up.  That isn't just renewing Mo's contract but much more investment in January or next summer. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

8 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

One of the classic commentator clichés about great goalscorers is "you can't afford to give him that much room".

It makes no difference with Salah: get half a dozen defenders to swarm around him and he'll still fucking score.

Which is exactly what he's done against city and Watford.

I caught the end of something earlier (perhaps on Marr reviewing the papers or do motd review the Sunday headlines?) saying Salah's agent is here to sign a 500k per week contract. 

10 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Loving the rumour on the BBC gossip page, Real to offer Liverpool Hazard plus cash for Mo.

An injury prone turd, pass!

Ronaldo’ ego will be bruised ahead of next Sunday. He won’t like all this talk of Mo right now. 

He’ll be like Homer in the Flaming Moe’s episode…

AB09A8B0-CDC0-40C6-875C-90C58D8C3B08.gif

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

A real test of the owners intentions. A failure to pay the current best player in the League if not the world would see him off to somewhere prepared to pay what he's worth and show that the success of their team is secondary to their avarice.

Yep. We’re either in dire straits financially (think Barcelona 2021) or simply no longer a very big club in 2021 - closer to Everton or Leeds than Manchester United or Chelsea - if we’re forced into selling perhaps the world’s best player in spite of him being happy to remain at the club.

It will have a knock-on effect if he’s left to go - if you’re a world class player not currently at the club if’s a sign that Liverpool simply isn’t on your level, and for those that are here at the moment, perhaps it’s a sign that you should have your agent on the lookout for interest from top clubs.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Which is exactly what he's done against city and Watford.

I caught the end of something earlier (perhaps on Marr reviewing the papers or do motd review the Sunday headlines?) saying Salah's agent is here to sign a 500k per week contract. 

I'm glad to see the Echo poo-pooing the rumours of £500k a week, because any player digger their heels in for that much should be told to fuck off.

Salah's been world class since he came here back in 2017 and, right now, he's very probably the best player in world football. He's also a real footballing icon, one of a handful of players that fans of others clubs chat about in awe and that people who have no interest in football know of. I've never been one of those wierdo FSG outers, but if they can't see the value in giving him a good pay rise then they can fuck off.

On another note, I may have spoken out of turn on the recent Suarez or Salah thread when I said I'd rather have Suarez over him for one season.