You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

21 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I can see why the club might choose to offer him maybe 2 more than he has now and a maybe 20% lift like vvd is reported to have had. 

This is it.

The flip side is if he is looking for a 400k base wage plus toppers he has narrowed his potential employer list down to about 6 - and the timing would need to be right for him, and them. We have seen a couple top players take a pay cut while moving on a free. He would be 31 and hoping it lines up. I think he will sign here tbh.

11 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

This is it.

The flip side is if he is looking for a 400k base wage plus toppers he has narrowed his potential employer list down to about 6 - and the timing would need to be right for him, and them. We have seen a couple top players take a pay cut while moving on a free. He would be 31 and hoping it lines up. I think he will sign here tbh.

I think he'll probably stay too. But if we get past the end of the next transfer window without making a deal, I suspect we're in a spot of trouble. 

53 minutes ago, Daisy said:

FSG look like they are fucking this up too. Should have been sold in the summer if they not giving him a contract 

Sold where? Bottom line here is we don't want to see him at another English club. Only PSG and Real Madrid have the budget otherwise. Madrid are saving what money they have for mbappe. Psg are loaded with players, but might want to do something if they lose mbappe next year. All we can do here is sit tight, enjoy his last 2 years and hope at some point Salah's options mean his best choice is remaining with us. And with the mbappe situation coming to a head next summer, it might nudge real or psg into action if we can't get a deal done. 

The first little move he made to go around whichever one of them it was who dove in, and then the shot in off the post with his wrong foot....

I mentioned in the "Other Football" thread how shite the finishing has been in the matches I've watched lately. In part due to players afraid to take clear chances with their wrong foot.

If there's better out there, I haven't seen it.

57 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Best player in the world for me right now.

No doubt in my mind. Absolutely top drawer. 

I’ll say this too. The relationship between we the fans and Mo is part of the reason he is so good. To not shine and get opportunities to develop at previous clubs says it all.  We’ve nurtured him, and allowed him to develop his natural game in the right atmosphere. Like previous top strikers we’ve had, we are definitely getting, and will continue to get the best out of Mo. When he goes, eventually, he’ll be leaving his best days behind him. This is a classic ‘holy trinity’ moment. 

After the anthem and Sir Roger tribute, how could the legend of Mo Salah not manifest itself today?

Get the fucking deal done ffs.

1 hour ago, A_S said:

Re-name the soon-to-be-new stand at the AR end the 'Mo Salah Stand'

Everton, Spurs, Roma, and now City...he really does take the piss down that end! 

He’s not too shabby at the Kop end either!

One of our greatest ever players.

• Upvote 1