You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

His century arrived in just 151 games, quicker than any other Reds player. 

Club legend Roger Hunt was the previous record-holder, having made 100 in 152 appearances, while fellow sharp-shooter Ian Rush needed 168 outings to reach the mark. 

He is also only one of four Liverpool players to have netted 100 times in the Premier League, alongside Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler and Steven Gerrard, and also entered the club's list of top 10 all-time scorers with this latest strike. 

https://www.goal.com/en/news/salah-makes-liverpool-history-with-100th-premier-league-goal/4rxgfp556htd1qbz1kllou269

On 25/09/2021 at 21:25, Code said:

His century arrived in just 151 games, quicker than any other Reds player. 

Club legend Roger Hunt was the previous record-holder, having made 100 in 152 appearances.

Bastard.

( Still waiting for a pundit to point out that the guys above him - Shearer Henry et al are all out and out strikers , but no luck so far )

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

It's gonna be hard to convince ourselves he "wasn't that good anyway" when he hands in a transfer request.

But how much are you supposed to pay players? Where will it stop? I imagine almost every first team player will now never have to work after football and most can look forward to wealthy retirements. There has to be a limit and maybe Salah is already at that limit? For once I'd agree with FSG if this is the case.

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

But how much are you supposed to pay players? Where will it stop? I imagine almost every first team player will now never have to work after football and most can look forward to wealthy retirements. There has to be a limit and maybe Salah is already at that limit? For once I'd agree with FSG if this is the case.

I dont have a problem with players earning mega money. The way I see it, they're entertainers in a similar vein to pop stars and others. Why does there have to be a limit? He's selling his skills even if that does make him very, very rich.

Is Mo worth 500 grand a week? Not sure but compared to De Bruyne and others reputedly already on 350k+ a week, I think he's worth that.

Just now, dockers_strike said:

I dont have a problem with players earning mega money. The way I see it, they're entertainers in a similar vein to pop stars and others. Why does there have to be a limit? He's selling his skills even if that does make him very, very rich.

Is Mo worth 500 grand a week? Not sure but compared to De Bruyne and others reputedly already on 350k+ a week, I think he's worth that.

Do you want owners such as Abramovich or human rites abusers at City and PSG as that's the only way you can do that nowadays? We have very rich owners and very rich players and I think they all have too much and it has to stop somewhere. I'd like to think it will happen soon. I dont disagree that top players should be paid well either but they are getting paid more than cardiac surgeons and some of the best paid medical minds in the world. Its just ludicrous and has to stop. And fans are the people who can do this yet want players paid more and more. It cant add up.

10 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I'm not having a go at you mate but I didnt answer your question with De Bruyne's wages compared to Salah's. I'd say nobody is worth what De Bruyne's is paid and if FSG say 'no' to that demand then I say fair enough.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Do you want owners such as Abramovich or human rites abusers at City and PSG as that's the only way you can do that nowadays? We have very rich owners and very rich players and I think they all have too much and it has to stop somewhere. I'd like to think it will happen soon. I dont disagree that top players should be paid well either but they are getting paid more than cardiac surgeons and some of the best paid medical minds in the world. Its just ludicrous and has to stop. And fans are the people who can do this yet want players paid more and more. It cant add up.

Haha. My position on Abramovic and similar personally or nationally funding their club is well known and often stated on this site.

Abramovic and others model is to pay transfer fees of £100m+ and mega wages to multiple players including squad members by artificially pouring money into their clubs. That's my abhorence with their model rather than earning it (the money).

Our model has seen us win both the CL and PL in recent seasons despite the clamour by some to just spend, spend, spend on transfer fees.

Does our model mean we'll win the CL and PL almost every year like artificially funded city and chelsea? No, probably not and maybe only once every 5 or so years. You know what, I can live with that rather than be bellyaching, as some do, that we arent 'dominating' like the 2 afore mentioned clubs seem to.

Mo cost us £40m+ He's proven he's worth what he's asking. Our wage to turnover ratio is sustainable because we dont pay every 1st team squad member £350k a week or buy multiple players at £100m+ a pop. Our model is sustainable while income continues to rise. Once it's not sustainable, either wages will be trimmed or high transfer worth players will be sold.

21 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'm not having a go at you mate but I didnt answer your question with De Bruyne's wages compared to Salah's. I'd say nobody is worth what De Bruyne's is paid and if FSG say 'no' to that demand then I say fair enough.

Aint having a go at you either but I think there's 2 distinct MO operated by us v Abramovic and Mansour.

They see artificially inflating transfer fees and wages as the way to go. Liverpool and their owners operate different and are roundly criticised by some because they dont inject their own cash.

Im ok with that. Im ok with players like Mo getting £350k+ a week so long as the club's model supports it.

The club decided Wijnaldum wasnt worth what he was asking for and let him move on. That's our model.

Even if the club offered Mo £400k a week and he turned that down, I wouldnt begrudge him after what he has brought to the club.

That's just the way I see it. Not everyone will though.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Haha. My position on Abramovic and similar personally or nationally funding their club is well known and often stated on this site.

Abramovic and others model is to pay transfer fees of £100m+ and mega wages to multiple players including squad members by artificially pouring money into their clubs. That's my abhorence with their model rather than earning it (the money).

Our model has seen us win both the CL and PL in recent seasons despite the clamour by some to just spend, spend, spend on transfer fees.

Does our model mean we'll win the CL and PL almost every year like artificially funded city and chelsea? No, probably not and maybe only once every 5 or so years. You know what, I can live with that rather than be bellyaching, as some do, that we arent 'dominating' like the 2 afore mentioned clubs seem to.

Mo cost us £40m+ He's proven he's worth what he's asking. Our wage to turnover ratio is sustainable because we dont pay every 1st team squad member £350k a week or buy multiple players at £100m+ a pop. Our model is sustainable while income continues to rise. Once it's not sustainable, either wages will be trimmed or high transfer worth players will be sold.

Maybe Mo's demands will force him to be the high profile player to be sold as he's asking too much? I personally think that the earnings v wages is common sense but is abused so much it means very little. I think there has to be a structure and it has to be stuck too and if a player asks too much then he's not getting it whoever he is.

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Aint having a go at you either but I think there's 2 distinct MO operated by us v Abramovic and Mansour.

They see artificially inflating transfer fees and wages as the way to go. Liverpool and their owners operate different and are roundly criticised by some because they dont inject their own cash.

Im ok with that. Im ok with players like Mo getting £350k+ a week so long as the club's model supports it.

Even if the club offered Mo £400k a week and he turned that down, I wouldnt begrudge him after what he has brought to the club.

That's just the way I see it. Not everyone will though.

Fair argument. But I will add that although Mo bangs the goals in like nobody's business,without VVD and Alisson and others,Mo's contribution would mean little. I mean,people love Fowler and he was a goal machine but during his prime we were so shit at the back that we won little more than a couple of trophies. Players come,players go but the club and fans stay.