You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Baffles me when people have talked about selling him. He's more than a player he's an icon, he's the next generation of Messi/Ronaldo figures alongside Mbappe and Haaland and the likes, he's the guy kids playing footy in the streets are pretending to be. That's priceless.

That type of thinking is all down to fans wanting new players and we've been brainwashed to believe the only way to do it is sell your best players. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Baffles me when people have talked about selling him. He's more than a player he's an icon, he's the next generation of Messi/Ronaldo figures alongside Mbappe and Haaland and the likes, he's the guy kids playing footy in the streets are pretending to be. That's priceless.

Muscle memory. Ever since I started supporting the club we’ve always moved on our best players; Macca, Owen, Xabi, Torres, Sterling, Suarez, Coutinho.

Gerrard the only exception and only just. 

21 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

That type of thinking is all down to fans wanting new players and we've been brainwashed to believe the only way to do it is sell your best players. 

It's not brainwashing. Selling players at the right time and reinvesting intelligently is what 99% of clubs have to do. The talk of selling Salah specifically has always been ridiculous, though, as long as he has wanted to stay.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Red Shift said:

Sorry if this has already been posted. Brilliant! “Sometimes I’m afraid of Trent’s crosses” haha..yeah I can imagine. 

The day you leave, is the day I shed tears of sadness.

Seems a real nice level-headed bloke. Probably wouldn’t be the first name I’d pick to go have a beer with. Hobby: yoga. Fav food: healthy food.

9 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's not brainwashing. Selling players at the right time and reinvesting intelligently is what 99% of clubs have to do. The talk of selling Salah specifically has always been ridiculous, though, as long as he has wanted to stay.

Any Liverpool fan who thinks we should be selling Salah (and there's been calls for that for 2 summer windows on here) is brainwashed. 

44 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Any Liverpool fan who thinks we should be selling Salah (and there's been calls for that for 2 summer windows on here) is brainwashed. 

Probably insecurity thinking he's too good for us. 

Like getting a girlfriend who's way out of your league and you treat her like shit because you think she's going to leave you anyway so it'll hurt less if you force yourself not to get too emotionally attached. 

40 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Like getting a girlfriend who's way out of your league and you treat her like shit because you think she's going to leave you anyway so it'll hurt less if you force yourself not to get too emotionally attached. 

haha!  We don't have any player who is too good for us.  Such a player doesn't exist.

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, aRdja said:

Muscle memory. Ever since I started supporting the club we’ve always moved on our best players; Macca, Owen, Xabi, Torres, Sterling, Suarez, Coutinho.

I think this is exactly what Klopp has identified as the biggest thing that needed to change at the club. Tying down our best players for long term sustained success, rather than reshuffling every 12 months.

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

Ok…No unresolved issues there…

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Obviously no one thinks we should just sell him and that's it.

You only sell a player like Salah if you can replace him with someone as good or better, or significantly younger. And there aren't many players like that, but to suggest there are zero is pretty crazy. Every player has a price at which you'd be foolish not to sell.

Salah would be almost impossible to replace, even in the aggregate, but that isn't the same as totally impossible. You'd sell him to get Mbappe, surely? Or Haaland?

• Downvote 1

On 19/09/2021 at 21:53, Barrington Womble said:

Too many of our fans have been brainwashed into going far beyond "wanting new players" and insist on demanding the most expensive players in the world, as if that's the only (or even the best) way to succeed. All this talk of Haaland and Mbappe, etc, is such horseshit. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Too many of our fans have been brainwashed into going far beyond "wanting new players" and insist on demanding the most expensive players in the world, as if that's the only (or even the best) way to succeed. All this talk of Haaland and Mbappe, etc, is such horseshit. 

They arent coming here. Just pay the man, just do it.

• Upvote 1

If they sell Mo to fund Bellingham and another really talented young player, I think the fans will accept it. Bellingham is going to be one of the best young players in the world. 

If they sell Mo to buy Haaland or Mbappe, the fans will accept it. Personally, Mo is better than both, so as good as those two are, they really need to step up to get up to his level. Mo is the best player in the world imo.

If they sell Mo and sign two punts for 30-40 million (like Jota was to be fair) and pocket the rest, there will be absolute uproar.

16 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

If they sell Mo to fund Bellingham and another really talented young player, I think the fans will accept it. Bellingham is going to be one of the best young players in the world. 

If they sell Mo to buy Haaland or Mbappe, the fans will accept it. Personally, Mo is better than both, so as good as those two are, they really need to step up to get up to his level. Mo is the best player in the world imo.

If they sell Mo and sign two punts for 30-40 million (like Jota was to be fair) and pocket the rest, there will be absolute uproar.

Or if they let Mo's contract run out like Emre Can and Gini they don't have to operate a sell to buy policy.....*taps nose* 

On 19/09/2021 at 22:09, aRdja said:

All of those players saw a better chance to win league titles and European cups elsewhere. That's not the case now: Liverpool is a club that competes for the big prizes again.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I love Mo and appreciate how important he is for us but if Dortmund offered a straight swap for Haaland right now I'd rip their arm off. 

26 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I love Mo and appreciate how important he is for us but if Dortmund offered a straight swap for Haaland right now I'd rip their arm off. 

Haaland still has a lot to prove IMO. One thing doing it in the Bundesliga, have a look at Werner.