You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

3 hours ago, suzy said:

Fifth fastest in the Premier league to 100 goals. Brilliant.

I could probably find this out quicker myself than asking here, but I’m a busy (lazy) man, so I’ll ask anyway… 

Is it just one of those he got for Chelsea? And how many league games did he play for them?

assuming he scores the number he scored for them pricks for us at the equivalent goal to game rate he’s been at for

us, how many games would it take him to reach 100 league goals for us, and where would that put him compared to Kane, Aguero, Henry and whoever else is currently faster than him?

Ta

Thanks chaps. I did the maths. If you only take his Liverpool career and project that he gets those 2 chelsea goals at his Liverpool goals to game rate, he ends up with 100 in 157, which leap frogs Thierry Henry to become 4th fastest in PL history.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

The bit at about 22:30, where he takes the ball out of the air over his shoulder, and then the two touches afterward.

Nothing came of it, so it won't be noted, but it was astonishing skill.

The best player in the Prem, IMO.

Still on the pitch trying to score at half 10 when everyone's gone home, this is what sets him apart from the rest. Love the man 

On 05/09/2021 at 16:17, Barrington Womble said:

I don't think it's all trophy bonus driven. In the accounts before last our wage bill was about 300m iirc. It was for the financial year ending may 2019 and we didn't win the CL till June 19, so those bonuses had to fall outside that and in the latest accounts at ~325m it was outside the PL win. I'm pretty sure we.dont try and fiddle our wages like city where they try and keep things out. It wouldn't shock me though if we chuck in thing most clubs don't - maybe agent fees or something.

We have all our club shop staff and admin staff and I even believe N.I. and pension payments. Other clubs deal with these in different ways. All are completely legal and above board its just how they want people to see them in the published accounts.

15 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Almost felt like Mané could've been doing that and still not scored.

Ladbrokes do a free bet every week called 1,2 Free. Get 1 result correct you get a free quid bet, 2 correct you get a fiver and 3 you get 100 quid in cash. I was delighted when Mane finally found the target in the 93rd minute .....

4E0ACB06-D8C4-416F-8BDB-FD990CA071E0.png

• Upvote 1

On 12/09/2021 at 20:32, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I could probably find this out quicker myself than asking here, but I’m a busy (lazy) man, so I’ll ask anyway… 

Is it just one of those he got for Chelsea? And how many league games did he play for them?

assuming he scores the number he scored for them pricks for us at the equivalent goal to game rate he’s been at for

us, how many games would it take him to reach 100 league goals for us, and where would that put him compared to Kane, Aguero, Henry and whoever else is currently faster than him?

Ta

98 league goals in 149 league appearances for us. 128 goals in 207 appearances in all comps. His numbers are truly elite.

All below links from the terrific LFCHistory.net

Goals per game ratio - Premier League

Goals per game ratio - All comps

All-time top goalscorers - League

All-time top goalscorers - All comps

Goalscorers with 30+ goals in a season

• Upvote 2

Got to add this in too.

On top of his 128 goals in 207 appearances, he's also contributed 45 assists in those 207 appearances.

173 goal contributions in 207 appearances is phenomenal.

Worth noting that 17 of his 128 goals have come from the spot from 16 of the 207 appearances - 14 penalties scored in the league.

(Scored 2 penalties in the 4-3 home win against Leeds at the start of last season).

So, even when you take out his penalties, he's scored 111 goals from open play in 207 appearances in all competitions. Outstanding.

• Upvote 2

On 12/09/2021 at 20:32, Bob Spunkmouse said:

where would that put him compared to Kane, Aguero, Henry and whoever else is currently faster than him?

Ta

Shearer is the fastest to 100 Premier League goals for 1 club, scoring 100 goals in 124 appearances for Blackburn. He also managed 100 goals in 185 games for Newcastle, making him the only player in Premier League history to score 100 league goals for more than one Premier League club.

Kane scored 100 league goals for Spurs in 141 games.

Aguero managed 100 league goals in 147 appearances.

Thierry Henry hit 100 in 160 games for Arsenal.

As for our centurions (what a cartoon too by the way), Robbie Fowler scored 100 league goals in 175 games, while Michael Owen managed 100 league goals in 185 games.

If Mo can grab a brace against Palace, he'll have scored 100 league goals in 150 league appearances.

6 hours ago, Dynamite said:

Got to add this in too.

On top of his 128 goals in 207 appearances, he's also contributed 45 assists in those 207 appearances.

173 goal contributions in 207 appearances is phenomenal.

Worth noting that 17 of his 128 goals have come from the spot from 16 of the 207 appearances - 14 penalties scored in the league.

(Scored 2 penalties in the 4-3 home win against Leeds at the start of last season).

So, even when you take out his penalties, he's scored 111 goals from open play in 207 appearances in all competitions. Outstanding.

What about if you take away pace goals? Bet he isnt so good then!

On 13/09/2021 at 10:35, SlugTrail said:

We have all our club shop staff and admin staff and I even believe N.I. and pension payments. Other clubs deal with these in different ways. All are completely legal and above board its just how they want people to see them in the published accounts.

Yeah, it's all staff. I don't think that number is very big though, as furlough was supposedly only worth a couple of mil wasn't it. NI is a lump though. I think more that 30m in the currently accounts. 

Be careful though suggesting we might represent our numbers different to other clubs, you'll have people screaming at you telling you EY wouldn't allow it. 

42 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, it's all staff. I don't think that number is very big though, as furlough was supposedly only worth a couple of mil wasn't it. NI is a lump though. I think more that 30m in the currently accounts. 

Be careful though suggesting we might represent our numbers different to other clubs, you'll have people screaming at you telling you EY wouldn't allow it. 

As long as you state what is in each section and you give it the same treatment every time then it wouldn't be a problem. Doesn't change the bottom line.